Order reservations

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Dptersen

1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
It would be nice if the company would give priority and to open reservations to existing Scout owners. It would be a nice perk to us die hard fans.

Attachments

• B256A20D-A3CC-43CB-9D95-7B64E4ACCEB6.jpeg
    B256A20D-A3CC-43CB-9D95-7B64E4ACCEB6.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 0
I would agree but the scout I had was a ‘73 handed down to me from my parents in ‘89 and sadly was put to rest nearly 30 years ago. New sheet metal rear floor, more Bondo than I care to emit, numerous cans of butter yellow spray paint and two glass packs off the rear. Such great memories as a young driver. Have always wished they would resurrect the scout and the time is coming. My daughter is expecting her new Bronco in the coming spring and I’ve got the bug. Only hoping the new Scout is designed to go topless and finds a great balance of old and new Design elements.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
It would be nice if the company would give priority and to open reservations to existing Scout owners. It would be a nice perk to us die hard fans.
I'm not sure how a company could give such preference legally. Are they going to open up reservations with proof of vehicle registration showing current owners? What about the owner that has it sitting in their barn for the past 20 years? Maybe there are diehard owners that no longer has one, but would like to rekindle their passion.

The proper way is to open reservations and honor the reservations. They need to prioritize reservation holders over dealer stock and to honor reservation timestamp. Now, I get why they can't follow the exact timestamp in order due to shipping logistics and part constraints. But there should not be examples where a reservation holder is waiting years after initial launch.

Many Bronco reservation holders were left holding the bag when Ford initially said they would prioritize reservation holder's timestamp. But then for MY'22, they introduced dealer allocation into the equation. There are now reservation holders that won't see their Bronco that they reserved in 2020 until 2025. That can't happen with the Scout.

I'm not sure how a company could give such preference legally. Are they going to open up reservations with proof of vehicle registration showing current owners? What about the owner that has it sitting in their barn for the past 20 years? Maybe there are diehard owners that no longer has one, but would like to rekindle their passion.

The proper way is to open reservations and honor the reservations. They need to prioritize reservation holders over dealer stock and to honor reservation timestamp. Now, I get why they can't follow the exact timestamp in order due to shipping logistics and part constraints. But there should not be examples where a reservation holder is waiting years after initial launch.

Many Bronco reservation holders were left holding the bag when Ford initially said they would prioritize reservation holder's timestamp. But then for MY'22, they introduced dealer allocation into the equation. There are now reservation holders that won't see their Bronco that they reserved in 2020 until 2025. That can't happen with the Scout.

As a personal note, I was an early reservation holder on the Bronco and pulled my reservation after two years for the exact reasons you mention above.

I think it is safe to say that we can learn a lesson from that example. :)

Dude. This is me almost to a Tee. I had a 79 i bought sight unseen from Iraq... came home to bag of not-great. But I couldn't help it, and bought my 71 a couple months after returning stateside.

Middleton Maggie was amazing, and it broke my heart watching a MSG drive her away on Ft. Lewis.

I want that feeling again. I'm yearning for it.

Reactions: Beach_Bum
I’ve had a thought on first edition and early reservation. Keep in mind it is self serving to some degree but I think the experience would be great AND it would get the first Scouts in the hands of Enthusiasts/forum members rather than greedy dealerships and collectors here goes (Assuming production is 2026 or 2027):
-You set a flexible first edition model as we’ve discussed rather than a fixed unit type that costs $80K. Add badging as to which number the vehicle is but still allow each vehicle to be built customizable.
-rather than the Bronco process you start with the forum members (self-serving part). You go in order by when members joined the forum-everyone here had their sign up date as part of their bio/meme.
-IF it is 2026 you offer the first 26 members the following option. If anyone declines you move down the list until 26 units are allotted.
-At SC, hold an invitee event for those that confirmed. You have examples available in all colors with variable options so EVERYTHING is physically available to see, touch, smell, etc…. Have your team, the design team and some of the assembly team there for the members to meet and greet. Then do a journalist write-up/press release about the event. Great for social media and company history/archives. I think it would also be cool to have render software there that shows each of the 26 vehicles rendered and print those off and have design team sign them for buyers. Very cool memory for us as a buyer/ambassador
-Run a drive/explore event on site for the off-road experience. Also have parking lot/paved driving to show handling
-At that point, take those 26 attendees and build orders on-site at the event. Those attendees must put down a $2,026 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to secure their vehicles.
-Ideally, it would be nice to offer those 26 buyers a deal. Maybe $2,026 over cost or below MSRP. OR MSRP but all options at 26% off-you get what I’m saying. These members would then serve as Scout Ambassadors.
-I also think a plaque or ‘certificate’ with everyone’s signatures that built the vehicle would be cool. Maybe some first edition swag as well that only those 26 members get (in pairs-one to use and one to keep as part of vehicle history)
-I also think the first 26 members would be required to each have unique builds so none of the first public examples would be the same.
-then offer next 100 members a similar option but not the swag or maybe swag but not the on site event-something that makes first 26 members ‘special’ as a 1-week pre- order prior to opening to the public.
-Disney vacation club does very nice member only events so learning from them might be good. They always do a special enamel pin at events and that could be a cool take away item for the on-site event.
Anyway-just trying to offer ideas and avoid the Bronco debacle.

I’ve had a thought on first edition and early reservation. Keep in mind it is self serving to some degree but I think the experience would be great AND it would get the first Scouts in the hands of Enthusiasts/forum members rather than greedy dealerships and collectors here goes (Assuming production is 2026 or 2027):
-You set a flexible first edition model as we’ve discussed rather than a fixed unit type that costs $80K. Add badging as to which number the vehicle is but still allow each vehicle to be built customizable.
-rather than the Bronco process you start with the forum members (self-serving part). You go in order by when members joined the forum-everyone here had their sign up date as part of their bio/meme.
-IF it is 2026 you offer the first 26 members the following option. If anyone declines you move down the list until 26 units are allotted.
-At SC, hold an invitee event for those that confirmed. You have examples available in all colors with variable options so EVERYTHING is physically available to see, touch, smell, etc…. Have your team, the design team and some of the assembly team there for the members to meet and greet. Then do a journalist write-up/press release about the event. Great for social media and company history/archives. I think it would also be cool to have render software there that shows each of the 26 vehicles rendered and print those off and have design team sign them for buyers. Very cool memory for us as a buyer/ambassador
-Run a drive/explore event on site for the off-road experience. Also have parking lot/paved driving to show handling
-At that point, take those 26 attendees and build orders on-site at the event. Those attendees must put down a $2,026 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to secure their vehicles.
-Ideally, it would be nice to offer those 26 buyers a deal. Maybe $2,026 over cost or below MSRP. OR MSRP but all options at 26% off-you get what I’m saying. These members would then serve as Scout Ambassadors.
-I also think a plaque or ‘certificate’ with everyone’s signatures that built the vehicle would be cool. Maybe some first edition swag as well that only those 26 members get (in pairs-one to use and one to keep as part of vehicle history)
-I also think the first 26 members would be required to each have unique builds so none of the first public examples would be the same.
-then offer next 100 members a similar option but not the swag or maybe swag but not the on site event-something that makes first 26 members ‘special’ as a 1-week pre- order prior to opening to the public.
-Disney vacation club does very nice member only events so learning from them might be good. They always do a special enamel pin at events and that could be a cool take away item for the on-site event.
Anyway-just trying to offer ideas and avoid the Bronco debacle.
Guessing you will top out with 26 (y) on this one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't need to be the first person to get one, but I would certainly like to get on the list as soon as it is available.

Reactions: J Alynn
I agree with the concept of letting the forum members get bumped to the top of the line. After all we are the enthusiasts, many of whom own the originals, who are presumably helping to shape the future of the Scout(s). We have spent a lot of time providing input and making suggestions. Personally I don't care too much about certificates, badges, etc. but would like to see some form of appreciation for the time we've spent helping to hopefully guide conceptual design decisions.
To the point made above about ambassadorship... many of us will have the new Scout sharing the garage with an original. That would be quite powerful marketing for Scout

Reactions: J Alynn
While this would be nice, I currently do not own a scout. But I restored one and owned one for four years in high school. My dad has owned 9+ since I was a kid. He was the former president of the local Scout club. I go to the IH meet every year. I am just 25 and starting a family and cannot find an affordable one right now. And my dad no longer has time for one. Just because we do not have any currently, does not mean we are not die-hard fans. I have an IH tractor still, and I bought a 1984 f250 diesel just because it has the IH-made 6.9 idi in it. It is hard to quantify what a true fan is by whether or not they currently own a scout.

While this would be nice, I currently do not own a scout. But I restored one and owned one for four years in high school. My dad has owned 9+ since I was a kid. He was the former president of the local Scout club. I go to the IH meet every year. I am just 25 and starting a family and cannot find an affordable one right now. And my dad no longer has time for one. Just because we do not have any currently, does not mean we are not die-hard fans. I have an IH tractor still, and I bought a 1984 f250 diesel just because it has the IH-made 6.9 idi in it. It is hard to quantify what a true fan is by whether or not they currently own a scout.
Being on the forum and contributing thoughts and feedback is good enough for me. I haven’t had one for over 30 years but I’m still a huge fan and hope to be lucky enough to acquire one of the early production models of design is good, price is good and options are good 😀

Reactions: Albal