Idea: Cradle to Delivery

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

IdahoJOAT

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Supposedly Ford was going to do this, and I'd love to hear from Bronco owners if it happened or not, but I know that Corvette owners can get pictures along the way of their Vette being built and what not.

If possible, this would be AMAZING for the Scout. Like once I place my order, I get updates along the way. Every step of the way.
Step 1: Here's my confirmation number on my order!
Step 2: Here's my VIN and allocation!
Step 3: Here's my frame being made! Here's the motor in it's box!
etc.

Last edited:
Well, a new factory could mean new ideas. That's a good one.
Additionally, I'd find a way to pay for the premium package to be flown out and given a kind of "royal treatment" with a tour of the facility or something like that and then drive my Scout away.

But seriously. How cool would it be man?! To get emails and/or updates from the dealership with pictures/video of MY Scout being built... oh man. I'm dreaming of the excitement currently.

Supposedly Ford was going to do this, and I'd love to hear from Bronco owners if it happened or not, but I know that Corvette owners can get pictures along the way of their Vette being built and what not.

If possible, this would be AMAZING for the Scout. Like once I place my order, I get updates along the way. Every step of the way.
etc.
Ford sent what people call their “baby pictures“ of their broncos rolling off the assembly line. They’re basically built in just a couple days (except for the unfortunate dirt mountain builds), so they don’t send a series of progress photos. I never got my baby picture, many others didn’t either. I had heard that if there are any workers that happen to be in the shot, they don’t send the photo.

My buddy ordered a corvette a few months after I reserved my bronco and got it about six months before I got the bronco. He didn’t get any pictures, but they did send him a cool little corvette sculpture thing in the same color that he chose.

• Wow
Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Disney and Universal take pictures on every ride. Take specific state of build pics along the line and tie them to the VIN

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Many european car companies have a "Euro Delivery" program where you fly out to the factory, take delivery of your car, and spend some time exploring the country. When your done, they take the car back and ship it to your home dealer for delivery.
https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/overseas-delivery
https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorsportandevents/deliveryprograms/europeandelivery/

You can also do a delivery at their experience/performance centers in the US:
https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorsportandevents/deliveryprograms/porscheexperiencecenterdelivery/
https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery/

Scout should do something similar to the above and like Ford is doing with the Bronco driving schools
https://broncooffroadeo.com/

Reactions: Derek and IdahoJOAT
It's been a few years, but when I'd ordered a new BMW, I was pleased with all of the information they gave me through the process. I had updates as it was being built, transported, tracking number for the ship over, status when it arrived to port, transportation to my dealer, etc. I loved the detail so I wasn't left wondering what was happening. Pictures would've made that even better. I was sad to not have the option to do the performance center delivery though as it was closed or being remodeled at the time.
Assuming the Scout is built in the US, a factory delivery option with a tour and time on the factory's off road course to show you how to use your new truck would be incredible.

Additionally, I'd find a way to pay for the premium package to be flown out and given a kind of "royal treatment" with a tour of the facility or something like that and then drive my Scout away.

But seriously. How cool would it be man?! To get emails and/or updates from the dealership with pictures/video of MY Scout being built... oh man. I'm dreaming of the excitement currently.
Love this idea. My when my grandfather was a young man, he was given the opertunity to go to the Ford factory on the scheduled day of his build and watch his '34 Ford built from bolt one. He had lunch with the guys that built it, then drove it home later that day. We still own that car, which is in immaculate, original condition, and tell this very story to other car enthusiasts. Would be cool to be able to pass down a simular story of the new family Scout!

Love this idea. My when my grandfather was a young man, he was given the opertunity to go to the Ford factory on the scheduled day of his build and watch his '34 Ford built from bolt one. He had lunch with the guys that built it, then drove it home later that day. We still own that car, which is in immaculate, original condition, and tell this very story to other car enthusiasts. Would be cool to be able to pass down a simular story of the new family Scout!
Pictures?

Many european car companies have a "Euro Delivery" program where you fly out to the factory, take delivery of your car, and spend some time exploring the country. When your done, they take the car back and ship it to your home dealer for delivery.
https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/overseas-delivery
https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorsportandevents/deliveryprograms/europeandelivery/

You can also do a delivery at their experience/performance centers in the US:
https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorsportandevents/deliveryprograms/porscheexperiencecenterdelivery/
https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery/

Scout should do something similar to the above and like Ford is doing with the Bronco driving schools
https://broncooffroadeo.com/
Fantastic idea. I took the BMW performance delivery back in 2011 in SC. One of the best experiences I‘ve ever had. Let me learn how far I could truly push the car Without destroying my own at the event. Last year I went back but it was to take my daughter to the teen driving school. She had the time of her life and learned a ton. I think knowing Ford does the off-rodeo at random locations, your idea is spot on. I think bringing the buyers to a single location, somewhere near the plant along with running a learn and drive event with off-roading and include a tour of the factory. Then let us spend tons of $ on store merch that is unique to the delivery experience.
years ago Volvo did that and if I recall the offered a unique exterior color as well as some unique interior trim if you took delivery in Sweden. That would be a cool feature as well. Even if you had to pay like an extra grand or something But offer a unique exterior and interior color combo. Then limit it to only a couple hundred or less

Reactions: Derek

Was thinking about this more....thinking a Social media type website set up that creates a page (simular to your Facebook page) that is built around the life of that Scout. The page is set up when you purchase the Scout, showing every option included in your Scout package Pictures on the assembly line are automatically uploaded to your Scouts page (maybe with pictures of you at the plant with the Scout). The end user can keep the story of the life of the Scout going by uploading pictures of the Scout at landmarks/events. Like Facebook, the map location is shown with the picture post. Future generations could search the history of the Scout and set out to take the same pictures in the same locations years later. Could also have the Scout itself interact with the page. As it approaches 50,000 and 100,000 miles it uploads the location it happened at, and maybe sends a notification to the driver asking if they want to take a picture. Other Scout owners can do the typical "likes" and comments to help grow the new generation Scout community. A lot of interactive ideas to build on with this.

I would like the option to pick up at the factory to prevent delivery and destination fees. Also, would be a cool story of driving the Scout back from the factory and note it as the first trip. This added an additional $1,600 to the Bronco sale price.

Was thinking about this more....thinking a Social media type website set up that creates a page (simular to your Facebook page) that is built around the life of that Scout. The page is set up when you purchase the Scout, showing every option included in your Scout package Pictures on the assembly line are automatically uploaded to your Scouts page (maybe with pictures of you at the plant with the Scout). The end user can keep the story of the life of the Scout going by uploading pictures of the Scout at landmarks/events. Like Facebook, the map location is shown with the picture post. Future generations could search the history of the Scout and set out to take the same pictures in the same locations years later. Could also have the Scout itself interact with the page. As it approaches 50,000 and 100,000 miles it uploads the location it happened at, and maybe sends a notification to the driver asking if they want to take a picture. Other Scout owners can do the typical "likes" and comments to help grow the new generation Scout community. A lot of interactive ideas to build on with this.
Chevy Legends has the idea of this, but they aren't developing it like they should.

Reactions: Harris005
Been thinking about your thoughts and had another thought. I don't do it but many people do geocaching and was thinking it would be cool to set geochaches at all the well know trails, parks and maybe various landmarks like Mt. Rushmore but have them mounted permanently with a Bluetooth connection. Then Scouts could have a unique ID code you punch in at the geocache to record your visit and track them online or via a Bluetooth app within the vehicle. Maybe as people collect certain quantities special merchandise is sent out. Even if it’s custom stickers representing the location the people could collect or stick on their vehicle. Maybe it even lists longitude and latitude. With new technology it wouldn’t be that hard.

The more I poke around this Scout Community site, the more I see it as a great start to the above mentioned idea! Each memeber having thier own page on this site is basically the Scout social media idea. However, I still think a cool idea would be to create each new Scouts very own page that tracks things that deal just with that Scout, creating the life story of that Scout alone. Building on this idea....what about a members garage? Each Scout the member owns (new and old) has its own page within the members page. That member can upload new media to each Scouts garage stall that stays with that particular Scouts story timeline (example: maybe showing the life of a resotration of that Scout), but also post on that members main page for all see. Other members have the option to follow a member, or just select each memebers Scout that they want to follow. Any followed members media will be posted to thier own "news feed", simular to Facebook. A Scout Community app to follow :) ....with ability to push notifications of media post, as well as connectivity to your new EV Scout and all the fun options that can bring.

Reactions: J Alynn
Hyundai did something similar with the Ioniq 5 I bought last year and I think Scout could probably do at least the same if not improve on it a bit. What Hyundai does is once your order is in the system they send you an automatic and standard monthly update email (I think it came out on the 7th of every month if I remember correctly?) and in that email they'd tell you the status of your car. The first several emails were just my spot in the build queue but then would eventually give basic updates on its progress (vehicle is number 76 in sequence queue, vehicle is in final assembly, vehicle has been shipped from the factory, vehicle has arrived at local distribution centre, etc.). There weren't any pictures or anything but it was nice to get that monthly heartbeat email letting me know that my car was getting closer to being built each month and then once it was built where it sorta was in that process.

Something like that shouldn't be too complicated to setup, especially with a new (presumably very automated and computerized) factory where you could probably collect the administrative data already being generated from the build process and then have a system send it out automatically without someone having to actually handle emails. Just a simple template the system auto-populates and blasts out once a month or something.

etc.
Great idea. How many of us have ordered our vintage line tickets??

So back in September when we were setting up the Forums and the Registry in the navigation above, we were already thinking the Registry function should be automated when we go to market and the person that buys that given car can decide to "activate" that registry account to make it public and create a user name and then maintain it/add to it till they sell it. The registry would essentially be a Garage assigned to the VIN and Line Setting Ticket at the vehicle birth. If there is a reservation going to production, then that person would be assigned to that vehicle and gets notified along the production process. Ideally we'd like to take photos along the way so there is a birth record of the vehicle that stays with it forever. All of this would of course tie into the vehicle app and the Community here. Lots of logistics and privacy stuff to wade through but I think we should be able to pull it off. We have already talked to our software team and the wheels are turning to see what we can do. The feature list on our end is huge from location sharing to GPS trail sharing and more. Let's see what we can accomplish.