Gen 1 font vs Gen 2 font

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Jaxx79

1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
Ravenswood WV
I grew up with Scout II so its probably the reason why - but I am partial to the 2nd generation Scout Font. Is the old font a sealed deal for Gen 3 Scout?

Attachments

• old font.PNG
    old font.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 2
  • new font.PNG
    new font.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
I grew up with Scout II so its probably the reason why - but I am partial to the 2nd generation Scout Font. Is the old font a sealed deal for Gen 3 Scout?
Gonna assume the script is it. Top of forum header has script as does website. That said, maybe gen 4 gets the 70’s inspired scout logo? Hoping this venture is successful enough to get to Gen4 😀

Funny, I thought about posting the same question/comment but assumed they were going with the original script. I actually like the original script better but it feels strange if they are looking to revive the Scout II.

Gonna assume the script is it. Top of forum header has script as does website. That said, maybe gen 4 gets the 70’s inspired scout logo? Hoping this venture is successful enough to get to Gen4 😀
The script version was first thing I noticed when the news broke there would be Scout motors. Now we see it everywhere. I don't mind it - just not my favorite !

Reactions: Harris005
Funny, I thought about posting the same question/comment but assumed they were going with the original script. I actually like the original script better but it feels strange if they are looking to revive the Scout II.
Exactly - To me it is very strange to see the script version on a revival of Scout. I kind of figured it was to honor the beginnings but it just does not fit right.

Same

I think Gen 3 will be script. The video Jamie shared a couple weeks ago (hype video, branding-whatever you want to call it-besides exciting) was all about the nostalgia, 40 years since, first true SUV, built in USA by earlier generations, etc..,etc…. Nostalgia is a key factor and to rebuild a brand that was first-It makes sense to go back to the beginning. I think Scout as a manufacturer rather than a model designation should hold the scout script. I think the first release ( not gonna say first edition because Ford screwed that something fierce) or first model/vehicle should be script. I think maybe the pick up gets a modernized 70’s font and then other models get their name set in a unique, stylized font that pays tribute to the originals with just a twist.
The more I see the script, not only do I like it but I see it in a commercial where it turns into the road less traveled and a scout drives away into a sunset on same shaped road as the “S” while some nostalgic Thoreau quote is read and we all feel like we don’t spend 70 hours a week in front of our computers and phones. It calls us back to nature and getting out to enjoy our great country. Be it off-roading, dune jumping, kids baseball and sporting events or backing your boat into the water. When it’s all said and done-it’s ‘just’ another SUV/pick-up. But the nostalgia/memories and the authenticity lures us into needing one because we are unique and believe we deserve better than the millions of bland SUV’s sold each year.
It’s about emotions, because if not-it’s just a glorified mini van and none of us really wants that-not even the infamous swagger wagon

I think Gen 3 will be script. The video Jamie shared a couple weeks ago (hype video, branding-whatever you want to call it-besides exciting) was all about the nostalgia, 40 years since, first true SUV, built in USA by earlier generations, etc..,etc…. Nostalgia is a key factor and to rebuild a brand that was first-It makes sense to go back to the beginning. I think Scout as a manufacturer rather than a model designation should hold the scout script. I think the first release ( not gonna say first edition because Ford screwed that something fierce) or first model/vehicle should be script. I think maybe the pick up gets a modernized 70’s font and then other models get their name set in a unique, stylized font that pays tribute to the originals with just a twist.
The more I see the script, not only do I like it but I see it in a commercial where it turns into the road less traveled and a scout drives away into a sunset on same shaped road as the “S” while some nostalgic Thoreau quote is read and we all feel like we don’t spend 70 hours a week in front of our computers and phones. It calls us back to nature and getting out to enjoy our great country. Be it off-roading, dune jumping, kids baseball and sporting events or backing your boat into the water. When it’s all said and done-it’s ‘just’ another SUV/pick-up. But the nostalgia/memories and the authenticity lures us into needing one because we are unique and believe we deserve better than the millions of bland SUV’s sold each year.
It’s about emotions, because if not-it’s just a glorified mini van and none of us really wants that-not even the infamous swagger wagon
Agree. The inspiration for my post was nostalgia driven. Just my specific time frame of Scout nostalgia haha

Reactions: J Alynn