Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
So saw this Toyota electric pick up concept. Can’t say I love it or hate it. What I do really like is the interior cockpit. That dash had enough room to put a baby n a carrier (please don’t-that’s poor parenting). It’s a bit too modern but the use of space is awesome. Also saw the posted an EV landcruiser concept which I think is pretty sweet looking. I generally don’t like over the top modern cars but the landcruiser is very nicely done. It definitely takes cues from Range Rover and the Fisker Ocean and even a little of the pathfinder but it’s a cool take

Reactions: LastDayScout
Saw this update today (can’t find article I saw but Car and Driver covered it pretty well so I attached their article) on the new Fisker Alaska. Not completely my thing and see some Rivian queues but not to shabby looking

Saw this update today (can’t find article I saw but Car and Driver covered it pretty well so I attached their article) on the new Fisker Alaska. Not completely my thing and see some Rivian queues but not to shabby looking
I would assume Magna is building this too like the Ocean.

These launches just make me more excited to see the new Scout drop... That Fisker is looking at lot more "Miami" than "Alaska" to me. Not that there is anything wrong with Miami. Such weird proportions and lines though. One thing I love about the R1T is its boxiness. And I think the new Scout might even end up being more boxy (if that is a word). Leads to much more function and storage, and personally, nicer lines too.

The windows look sooo tiny compared to the body panels, even with the black at the bottom to try and make the panels look smaller.

Reactions: R1TVT
Saw this update today on the new Fisker Alaska. Not completely my thing and see some Rivian queues but not to shabby looking

The windows look sooo tiny compared to the body panels, even with the black at the bottom to try and make the panels look smaller.
Agreed. Has a bit of the Hyundai pick up feel. If someone said it was a modern day Subaru Baja I might buy into it. I will say, aesthetically I love the long wood run on the interior but for god’s sake, the cup holder is smack in front of what I assume is the display pad. That’s just terrible planning and I truly hope SM doesn’t make simple mistakes like that

Just read Eletrek's article and am really excited. Love to hear that the design is ~85-95% complete. Can't wait to see if anyone in the community spots the prototypes out on the streets like Keogh says they'll be in the next few months. Honestly can not wait, Third quarter 2024 can't come soon enough!!

Reactions: LastDayScout
This seems to be a much cleaner article to read on the news from a few days ago.

Interesting that a comment is complaining that they are focusing on a full size truck and SUV. While I don't think dimensions have been published, if it takes a cue from the original Scouts - while they might have been full sized at the time, now they closer to mid-sized compared to everything else that has supersized.

Interesting that a comment is complaining that they are focusing on a full size truck and SUV. While I don't think dimensions have been published, if it takes a cue from the original Scouts - while they might have been full sized at the time, now they closer to mid-sized compared to everything else that has supersized.
I sure hope they are smaller than the current crop of oversized (my opinion) vehicles.

Reactions: Scotus and Bodie
I suspect the pick up will be similar to a ford F150. It’s Ford’s #1 seller and gets larger bulk sales for the construction forces. Need to jump in and maximize sales. While a Taco sized pick up is more ideal gor non daily truck needs SM will need a volume seller which would be a daily work sized pick up

Very interesting names that have been filed so far. The “star” names tie in with International truck names. I know automakers do this all the time and there may or may not be anything to read into here. I’m surprised to not see Travelall.