Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Agreed…I’ve bought a Tesla and a Rivian. Both the Tesla and Rivian process was straightforward, quick and seamless. A year and half ago my wife bought a Lexus. Even with very little haggling she spent hours at the dealership signing who knows what and waiting to talk to various people about who knows what. Direct to consumer would be a big benefit for Scout.
And NO MORE walking out of the sales office to talk to the manager 😀. If nothing else it would help everyone’s blood pressure.
That said-God forbid we have to work through dealers I certainly hope the launch editions and back log nightmares of the Bronco doesn’t pollute the SM vehicles

Totally agree with @Chaparral … I was only kidding and, in context, perhaps a bit too excited right after buying merch. I’m sure it’s a complicated legal and financial analysis but dealerships are objectively bad for the relationship between automakers and their consumers.
I come to see the site all updated see there's talking in here and now there is MERCH!!!

I agree though Dealerships do suck

I think all like-minded car companies should work together to get those ridiculous "must sell cars through a dealer laws" struck off the books. It's basically legalized racketeering. They could drum up huge support from the public. Time for strong offense instead of reactionary defense. Perhaps at both the state and fed level simultaneously.
So is insurance!

Reactions: J Alynn
You still need some facilitation of final prep from transport and in some states slapping an inspection sticker on the windshield. Plates you can get at most notary but a free full charge on the battery has to come from a dealer lol

@J Alynn - here’s a link:

https://www.avants.com/magazine/international-scout

June 2023 interview with Scott Keogh and Bulletproof’s Jake Barba (@bulletproof). Bulletproof restores Scouts in LA. An excerpt:

Of course, a new electric Scout from Scout Motors can’t retain exactly the same exterior and engineering as International’s original icon—federal impact regulations and fire-retardant standards, not to mention airbags and electric cutoff points, make the pipe dreams so popular on fan forums quite simply impossible. But both Barba and Keogh recognize the importance of playing to the Scout’s quintessential styling in the new packaging, while listening to the existing Scout community’s input and expectations.​

“Talking design now,” Keogh says, “It has some iconic, fundamentally well-recognized proportions. It’s crystal-clear and you can draw that out yourself in terms of the A-pillar, in terms of the stance of the vehicle, how it rocks back in terms of the window treatment, in terms of the axle ratio. Crystal clear. And we definitely want to keep those iconic because they’re fundamental.”​

In addition to the crucial task of working with and understanding the current Scout community, Barba believes a new group of devotees await in the wings as a strong customer base, too. “If you design it in a cool way that makes it a little bit more unique than the Tesla, a little bit more unique than the Rivian,” Barba said, “You have an opportunity to capture a Gen Z audience that will potentially want an SUV or a truck that is full electric that can now carry their family or their kids or their friends. And it actually has a chance, to some degree, to become the first real electric SUV.”​

@J Alynn - here’s a link:

https://www.avants.com/magazine/international-scout

June 2023 interview with Scott Keogh and Bulletproof’s Jake Barba (@bulletproof). Bulletproof restores Scouts in LA. An excerpt:

Of course, a new electric Scout from Scout Motors can’t retain exactly the same exterior and engineering as International’s original icon—federal impact regulations and fire-retardant standards, not to mention airbags and electric cutoff points, make the pipe dreams so popular on fan forums quite simply impossible. But both Barba and Keogh recognize the importance of playing to the Scout’s quintessential styling in the new packaging, while listening to the existing Scout community’s input and expectations.​

“Talking design now,” Keogh says, “It has some iconic, fundamentally well-recognized proportions. It’s crystal-clear and you can draw that out yourself in terms of the A-pillar, in terms of the stance of the vehicle, how it rocks back in terms of the window treatment, in terms of the axle ratio. Crystal clear. And we definitely want to keep those iconic because they’re fundamental.”​

In addition to the crucial task of working with and understanding the current Scout community, Barba believes a new group of devotees await in the wings as a strong customer base, too. “If you design it in a cool way that makes it a little bit more unique than the Tesla, a little bit more unique than the Rivian,” Barba said, “You have an opportunity to capture a Gen Z audience that will potentially want an SUV or a truck that is full electric that can now carry their family or their kids or their friends. And it actually has a chance, to some degree, to become the first real electric SUV.”​

Thanks. When I copied it, it was there as I posted it but not sure why the link dropped off. Thanks for correcting my poor editing 😂

New Audi Q6 etron
Some interesting things just from first glance on the Q6
The wrap around LED band on top of dash is something I haven’t seen before. Appears to be color adjustable. Not sure of impact when driving but nI e to see another take on interior LEd
Secondly is the control center, so-to-speak on the driver’s door. Appears as though in addition to windows it has a number of other controls. I like the idea of uncluttering the dash area but question which operations and is it easy to use by touch only. Certainly don’t want to look down at door every time I need to adjust things. That said it looks like a good use for a traditional area of wasted space.

I operate a boat in low light conditions and there is nothing worse than ambient light of any kind from the helm. Same goes for driving at night for me. Those LED's seem completely misplaced. I think I would have those turned all the way down to their lowest settings at all times (or off). The ones that sit lower are understandable, as they aren't in a field of vision and may provide actual functionality for ingress or egresss and finding a door handle, for example. Just my .02!

I operate a boat in low light conditions and there is nothing worse than ambient light of any kind from the helm. Same goes for driving at night for me. Those LED's seem completely misplaced. I think I would have those turned all the way down to their lowest settings at all times (or off). The ones that sit lower are understandable, as they aren't in a field of vision and may provide actual functionality for ingress or egresss and finding a door handle, for example. Just my .02!
Can’t disagree. Thought the same thing. Just nice to see a new way of using them but agree the location on the horizon line of eye focus is a bit odd

I think those type of "ambient" lights that actually shine directly into your eyes are a terrible thing. Even if I can turn mine off, how many other people will be doing that? Other drivers having their night vision compromised makes things less safe for everyone. Perhaps if you always drive in well lit cities it's less of an issue, but the first time you head out into the pitch black countryside you won't be able to see as well. That said, I do like how my old Mercedes does it. There are just a few areas indirectly and very subtly illuminated in the lower cabin. I actually didn't notice it at first. Finally it clicked: "wait, I know where the door handle is when I shouldn't".

I think those type of "ambient" lights that actually shine directly into your eyes are a terrible thing. Even if I can turn mine off, how many other people will be doing that? Other drivers having their night vision compromised makes things less safe for everyone. Perhaps if you always drive in well lit cities it's less of an issue, but the first time you head out into the pitch black countryside you won't be able to see as well. That said, I do like how my old Mercedes does it. There are just a few areas indirectly and very subtly illuminated in the lower cabin. I actually didn't notice it at first. Finally it clicked: "wait, I know where the door handle is when I shouldn't".
Acuras used to do a single blue LED that would shine directly on like the shifter or something specific. It worked great