This article get you thinking about Ev

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Scout motors will you be willing to post where all the raw materials will be coming from to make your batteries? I’m sure you don’t have that figured out now but when you do will you?

Not to point out the obvious, but the dailybs isn't known to be a neutral news source. :D

And that's not to diminish any Tesla owners that feel Tesla mislead them.

On our battery content - you are correct that it is still too early. That said, there are currently major incentives to source materials from North America as much as possible.

In general more money is being spent on battery research than ever in history. Nearly everything we own has batteries these days. The race is on to create better batteries with more range/power, that are more recyclable, have a smaller footprint and weigh less. Let's see where things go from here, but this isn't limited to cars.

This article is the daily BS. The people bringing the lawsuit will lose. They haven't been conned, they're just ignorant and that is their fault. I would bet money that I can exceed the EPA range on ANY EV, hybrid or ICE vehicle. I can also drive those same vehicles to NOT meet the EPA range by driving like an idiot.

Not to point out the obvious, but the dailybs isn't known to be a neutral news source. :D

On our battery content - you are correct that it is still too early. That said, there are currently major incentives to source materials from North America as much as possible.

In general more money is being spent on battery research than ever in history. Nearly everything we own has batteries these days. The race is on to create better batteries with more range/power, that are more recyclable, have a smaller footprint and weigh less. Let's see where things go from here, but this isn't limited to cars.
Thanks for your reply Will this new scout be self driving. like the Teslas. And any word on the suspension yet? I’m really hoping you choose to go with solid axles. The solid axles work really well on the jeep wranglers for people that like to go off Roading and people that just use them to go to the grocery store.

Reactions: Rustic_father
Thanks for your reply Will this new scout be self driving. like the Teslas. And any word on the suspension yet? I’m really hoping you choose to go with solid axles. The solid axles work really well on the jeep wranglers for people that like to go off Roading and people that just use them to go to the grocery store.

Nothing official yet. That said, we have stated publicly that we intend to build a proper rugged offroad vehicle. We have said it is a clean sheet of paper design specifically for the Scout and that it will be body on frame and not just built on a unibody skate-board EV platform. The full technical specs, including our drivetrain and suspension setups, will be announced once everything is finalized. Stay tuned.

Reactions: JohnBills
I have to agree with @Bodie. An EV's range is hugely dependent on the driver. The range than most, if not all, manufacturers advertise is the best case scenario, and it's "up to" . Some drivers will see the agvertized range and maybe even more. Others will be way under, but there are many variables that go into it.

We have a 2023 Chevy Bolt EV. GM claims around 260 miles of range. We actually routinely get over 300. Speaking of idiot drivers:) That 300 miles number from a full charge is what we get when my wife drives. When I use it, that range estimate quickly drops by about 15%. I still can't figure out why:(

I have to agree with @Bodie. An EV's range is hugely dependent on the driver. The range than most, if not all, manufacturers advertise is the best case scenario, and it's "up to" . Some drivers will see the agvertized range and maybe even more. Others will be way under, but there are many variables that go into it.

We have a 2023 Chevy Bolt EV. GM claims around 260 miles of range. We actually routinely get over 300. Speaking of idiot drivers:) That 300 miles number from a full charge is what we get when my wife drives. When I use it, that range estimate quickly drops by about 15%. I still can't figure out why:(

My 345 powered Scout has gotten up to 45 mpg... of course that was just from Mammoth Lakes to Bishop, down hill, mostly coasting.

Reactions: J Alynn and Geno

What about mostly spent uranium pellets? I figure one or two of those could keep you running for a million miles or so, before recharge is needed.

I can tell you from experience that TESLA;s ethos has been "over-promise & under-deliver" on a number of fronts in an effort to influence buyers and investors. I'm sorta shocked there hasn't been more SEC digging into some of the claims. Still waiting on that 40K CT too.