SUV Reveal questions-pregame

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

J Alynn

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
As @R1TVT announced he is going to the reveal and I’m happy to post I was also fortunate enough to be invited to the reveal event. As he is primarily interested in the truck, my interest lies in the SUV. That said I’ll put out the following offer as it relates to the SUV. Hoping to get a good close up at the reveal as well as MANY photos so long as I have access.

If there are details you are interested in, post simple requests and I’ll do my best to cover what I can. I will do my best to catch any side conversations or info that may not be part of the reveal info and will share any/all info I learn-so long as it isn’t ‘Classified’-🤣.

The two year wait since the forum started is nearly here so I’m very excited to be able to see this new vehicle up close and in person and share what I learn. My first Scout was my first vehicle at age 16 and it was nearly 12 years old when I got behind the wheel , it was rusted through in too many places to count and was ultimately put out to pasture a year after I fell in love with it. That was 34 years ago for me so I’m thrilled to be a part of this experience and see the Scout reborn and reimagined.

As @R1TVT announced he is going to the reveal and I’m happy to post I was also fortunate enough to be invited to the reveal event. As he is primarily interested in the truck, my interest lies in the SUV. That said I’ll put out the following offer as it relates to the SUV. Hoping to get a good close up at the reveal as well as MANY photos so long as I have access.

If there are details you are interested in, post simple requests and I’ll do my best to cover what I can. I will do my best to catch any side conversations or info that may not be part of the reveal info and will share any/all info I learn-so long as it isn’t ‘Classified’-🤣.

The two year wait since the forum started is nearly here so I’m very excited to be able to see this new vehicle up close and in person and share what I learn. My first Scout was my first vehicle at age 16 and it was nearly 12 years old when I got behind the wheel , it was rusted through in too many places to count and was ultimately put out to pasture a year after I fell in love with it. That was 34 years ago for me so I’m thrilled to be a part of this experience and see the Scout reborn and reimagined.
Thanks @J Alynn for coordinating this, perhaps we can make this a collective effort and we can tag team this like the great "Legion of Doom"-sorry not everyone will get this reference. I've been honored to be a part of this special event and plan to help cover the able requests. It's been a beautiful ride from the start and looking forward to the content ahead. This journey will have several layers of excitement, from the current speculation to production period and then experiences. October 24th can not come soon enough! I am looking forward to meeting several of you at the event and let the flood gates open with questions...

Thanks @J Alynn for coordinating this, perhaps we can make this a collective effort and we can tag team this like the great "Legion of Doom"-sorry not everyone will get this reference. I've been honored to be a part of this special event and plan to help cover the able requests. It's been a beautiful ride from the start and looking forward to the content ahead. This journey will have several layers of excitement, from the current speculation to production period and then experiences. October 24th can not come soon enough! I am looking forward to meeting several of you at the event and let the flood gates open with questions...
Loving the reference. Which character are you 🤣

Reactions: TimmyHil08
Get as many photos of the underside of these as you can. I don't expect a Canoo type skateboard as that exposes the batteries to the off road but with the note somewhere that these will sit on traditional ladder frames makes me wonder how the chassis will set Scout apart

I'm super excited (and a little jelly) that you're going!!!! YAY. One thing, please don't share the sideband convos if they don't want them out, we want this to be as successful as possible and don't want a rumor or something that turns out to not be fully true or understood to damage the launch. Have a ball at the launch!

I can't believe it's only a month away!

I'm super excited (and a little jelly) that you're going!!!! YAY. One thing, please don't share the sideband convos if they don't want them out, we want this to be as successful as possible and don't want a rumor or something that turns out to not be fully true or understood to damage the launch. Have a ball at the launch!

I can't believe it's only a month away!
Yeah-no intent to spread any rumors and certainly not impact the launch but will share any/all info we can. The few of us blessed with this opportunity already started a conversation and we all want to share as much as possible. We all understand just how lucky we are to be a part of the experience and history of a re-launch so we want to share the best possible experience we can and educate and excite everyone who unfortunately can’t be there in person.
Definitely keep the requests coming and we’ll try to get answers/pics for info requested while we are at the event.

Last edited:
Yeah-no intent to spread any rumors and certainly not impact the launch but will share any/all info we can. The few of us blessed with this opportunity already started a conversation and we all want to share as much as possible. We all understand just how lucky we are to be a part of the experience and history of a re-launch so we want to share the best possible experience we can and educate and excite everyone who unfortunately can’t be there in person.
Definitely keep the requests coming and we’ll try to get answers/pics for info requested while we are at the event.
I'm likely to run any post following the event through a fine tooth comb with a SM representative to ensure that what is being shared is accurate or appropriate. We don't need another mishap of mentioning a fold down windshield. 😄

Reactions: Derek and J Alynn
All of our staff on-site for the event should have accurate information. Since we are still a long way from production, there are a number of things that could evolve or change between now and then. The main purpose of the reveal event is to finally show the vehicles and give high-level information - range targets, basic capabilities and specs, etc., etc. This will be similar to what Rivian did with the R2.

We will also open up reservations right after the event.

Jamie

Thanks for going and getting us info as another fan! Looking forward to your reports after the event.

If SM is opening reservations after the reveal event, I assume they’ll be announcing how Scouts will be sold (direct or dealer). I’d also like to know how they’ll be serviced.
I hope direct - after so many years of Tesla and Rivian interaction I don't want to go back to dealer quotas and price squabbling.

If SM is opening reservations after the reveal event, I assume they’ll be announcing how Scouts will be sold (direct or dealer). I’d also like to know how they’ll be serviced.
Great question and it will be asked. Hopefully, we will get some insights.

Whether direct or dealer sale i would hope the service network is better than Rivian's

Only 1 service center entire state of New York so if you live in Rochester and have to drive to Cleveland,OH or Brooklyn, NY which do you choose and to have todrive hundreds of miles for service....not even a single facility in PA.

Now other than issues with the power train a Rivian or Scout can go up on a rack at any garage for routine tires and alignment and even eventual oil changes in any transfer cases or differentials. Certainly no need for 5000 mile service of oil and filters but there will be warranty issues.

Yes there will be warranty issues and having to drive more than 90 miles one way to have window seals or HVAC repairs will be inconvenient (my son who bought a Grenadier is 88 miles from the dealer) (my other son who has a Maserati about same distance but that dealer has pick up and delivery)

And if i wanted a Land Rover or Jaguar where I live is about 90 miles minimum in 3 directions from dealers

Side note I obtained my Bronco from dealer 60 miles away while there are 3-4 closer than that.

So for an EV that for other than warranty needs never be touched by factory trained personel and precluding any need by buyer to dispose of current vehicle via trade then direct sales are the way to go

Reactions: J Alynn
As the reveal is less than two weeks away, those of us selected to attend have been texting some thoughts. I also heard from Jamie that we might get lucky enough to hang with some of the design team while we are there. So in addition to photos you want -if there are any questions you’d like asked of the design team, fire away and post them on this thread and we will do our best to ask. As an architectural designer, my first dream in high school was to design cars. For me, the opportunity to speak with that group is an amazing opportunity. If it interests you, as I said, share your questions here and we will do our best.

As the reveal is less than two weeks away, those of us selected to attend have been texting some thoughts. I also heard from Jamie that we might get lucky enough to hang with some of the design team while we are there. So in addition to photos you want -if there are any questions you’d like asked of the design team, fire away and post them on this thread and we will do our best to ask. As an architectural designer, my first dream in high school was to design cars. For me, the opportunity to speak with that group is an amazing opportunity. If it interests you, as I said, share your questions here and we will do our best.
Ditto. I will be there as well. In my career I have been to many events like this but for agriculture and construction equipment. I will try to glean as much information as possible. Please send us your questions!

Reactions: J Alynn
I spent my whole time in high school sketching car styling designs, I later came to believe that form mostly follows function so that how something looks is to a large extent intrinsic to how it works.

I would ask them about how they think of form vs function. With this project it has to look like a Scout. So certain visual cues will be taken from the older vehicles. What specific aspects of the design were derived from the older vehicles? How did they choose what to take from the older vehicles and what not to take? What specific elements of the design resulted from solving functional problems, so that how it looks is accidental to solving a how does it work problem. Were there any “happy accidents” as Bob Ross used to say? Can they tell us about some ideas that did not work out? I guess I’d like specific examples of the decision making that resulted in a certain interesting aspect of the vehicle.