Scout EV - Interior Inspiration (Compilation)

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

tetchema

1st Year Member
Jun 7, 2023
Allen, TX
Using the original Scout II as a base...

634e2585-1bc2-47e2-b0ee-553fc854b2f6.jpgimg_20200404_190524.jpg

Influenced by the rugged controls of the Ineos Grenadier

32823_1908365_k34_k33_4413268.jpgIneos-Grenadier-1a.jpg

AND

The Monteverdi Safari, the rebodied Scout II from Swiss coachbuilder, Monteverdi.

(Obviously would be updated, but look at that outward visibility!)

Monteverdi-Safari-00014-1024x683.jpg_TYL8758.jpg1976-1982-Monteverdi-Safari-tableau-de-bord.jpg1072801.jpg

Volkswagen GTI Plaid!!!!

1979-international-scout-ii (1).jpg

Attachments

• MONTEVERDI SAFARI 1981 17.jpg
    MONTEVERDI SAFARI 1981 17.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Monteverdi-Safari-00006-1024x683.jpg
    Monteverdi-Safari-00006-1024x683.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
  • _TYL8749.jpg
    _TYL8749.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 0
  • misc20128.jpg
    misc20128.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
I know I've been "that guy" when it comes to interiors and buttons....so in this thread of inspiration i wanted to share a modern vehicle that I really like and think it offers a GREAT balance between Simplicity, buttons, and screens so i will toss this one picture of the current Ford Escape

2021-Ford-Escape-Interior.jpg

I know I've been "that guy" when it comes to interiors and buttons....so in this thread of inspiration i wanted to share a modern vehicle that I really like and think it offers a GREAT balance between Simplicity, buttons, and screens so i will toss this one picture of the current Ford Escape

I’ll add one more. I don’t like the floating screen-I don’t care for that on any interior, looks like someone just glued an iPad on the dash but I love the linear look of the Honda Civic. Looking back on Scout interiors they were always linear and I think the look and the mesh-like grills are great. I think I posted before but also like the linear screen in my sisters Kia but only the screen

Attachments

• 1686671969400.jpeg
    1686671969400.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Scout Electronic dash.PNG
    Scout Electronic dash.PNG
    185.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: tetchema
I’ll add one more. I don’t like the floating screen-I don’t care for that on any interior, looks like someone just glued an iPad on the dash but I love the linear look of the Honda Civic. Looking back on Scout interiors they were always linear and I think the look and the mesh-like grills are great. I think I posted before but also like the linear screen in my sisters Kia but only the screen
I agree the floating screens aren't great, and the long continuous screen looks nice but i assumed it would look too Techie or futuristic for the scout and from all the pushback everybody seems to have against screens in general. I also have not seen too many good integrations of a screen into a dashboard that look seamless because screens are so large and flat and good design usually needs more curves and flows.

So i guess i am not a fan of the floating screen but i don't have another good example of how i would prefer it to look so in the end i'm ok with it.

Reactions: J Alynn
I do like the linear look with the touch screen, and incorporate that into the dash as one piece with some wood accent would be nice. The other touch screens just stand out way too much.

I currently have a 67 pickup and once owned a 71 800A. Both have a plethora of nobs and levers. And not enough gages.

Manually adjusting stuff while going down the road gets old quick. Not having gages to know the adjustment is correct gets frustrating. A gage package for towing, on road, and off road would be awesome. But keep the tactile feel of the nobs and levers. A touch screen with one wheel off the ground is far more difficult than a cold 4 speed with a manual choke.

I like the idea of the co-pilot screen feature. What if Scout used a larger version of the Samsung phone so that screen folds open. Maybe there’s a little clasp/latch to stabilize it against dash when open. Maybe when open the secondary screen could be put in trail mode and the standard screen shows front ground cam and the opened screen has gps trail map or vitals of vehicle

I like the idea of the co-pilot screen feature. What if Scout used a larger version of the Samsung phone so that screen folds open. Maybe there’s a little clasp/latch to stabilize it against dash when open. Maybe when open the secondary screen could be put in trail mode and the standard screen shows front ground cam and the opened screen has gps trail map or vitals of vehicle

Chris Benjamin knows a lot about the passenger/co-pilot screen from the Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer. It fits with the linear look many of us seem to like.View attachment 1687444788606.jpeg

At minute 2:41 of this video, you will see why a nice, big, well-integrated center screen makes a lot of sense... Especially when Rivian's update with video streaming drops:

Chris Benjamin knows a lot about the passenger/co-pilot screen from the Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer. It fits with the linear look many of us seem to like.View attachment 1457
I totally missed this on new Cherokee. Really like that as an option. Not sure if use it but the copilot screen idea is cool and that is really well done on the Jeep

At minute 2:41 of this video, you will see why a nice, big, well-integrated center screen makes a lot of sense... Especially when Rivian's update with video streaming drops:
This is TOO big. It screams tech instead of being designed in. Never liked the Tesla’s for the same reason. A giant iPad just doesn’t feel right in my opinion

You can have that opinion. This is very well integrated and has a really nice surround with the dash also. It's not floating. My opinion is that the Jeep interior dash (esp on the Wrangler / Rubicon / Etc) are the absolute worst. So, for that reason, I can understand why we have differing opinions.

The other thing to consider with a well-integrated large center screen is CHARGING. If you are on the road and want to charge while in the car (think winter, inclement cold weather, no where to go around a charger), having a screen that is large and in charge is pretty freaking awesome. We can agree to to disagree, of course.

Looks “creaky.”
This plastic will start to rattle after the first attempt going off-road.

That was an unknown benefit of 1970’s American cars… the gaps in the trim prevented them from rubbing after some chassis flexing.
(They also crumpled like an accordion in a crash, but what didn’t?)

Looks “creaky.”
This plastic will start to rattle after the first attempt going off-road.

That was an unknown benefit of 1970’s American cars… the gaps in the trim prevented them from rubbing after some chassis flexing.
(They also crumpled like an accordion in a crash, but what didn’t?)
While i understand and agree with your ideas that old cars were more minimalistic and rugged. But realistically the reason those interiors were like that was not due to the design philosophy but rather the limitations of technology of the time. In the 70s they used inferior manufacturing process and did not have CAD and therefore they HAD to have large trim gaps because of tolerances within the manufacturing errors. also, those interiors often used threaded fasteners which not only more expensive than today's plastic snap connectors but add a lot of extra time...and time costs money.

Don't get me wrong I'm not simply trying to shoot you down for your opinion. I agree that older car's interiors were nicely minimalistic and likely have a fond nostalgia to them. but realistically we are talking about brand new company with a very large conglomerate financial daddy. The truck they build is going to have to appeal to as broad of a market as they can while hopefully satisfying their fanbase.

I hope it stays minimalistic and isn't too flooded with buttons/screens.

Something that I didn’t know I wanted until it was offered as an option on the 2024 Prius (hold your tongue) was heated rear seats. Think of yourself as a passenger in the cold winter months eagerly waiting for the cold substrate of the rear seat to warm up, cursing the front seat occupants who might have the instant gratification of a butt warmer while you have nothing but time. Your ass is very cold right now.

The rear seat butt warmer: because your passenger’s asses are very cold right now.