Renders from VW Markets Day Event

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

OleScout

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
Maryland
Saw these from scoutevfroum.com

Attachments

• Scout EV pickup SUV.jpg
    Scout EV pickup SUV.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 36
That is a TALL belt line but I like the look. Feels Scout -like and unique. I like SUV’s with tall, straight belt lines as long as greenhouse is sufficient. LRover has always done that very well

that all said I don’t like the headlights whatsoever.
@Jamie@ScoutMotors. Maybe you have a tiny snip of something to temp our taste buds? Just a tiny little morsel?
News has been a touch slow this past week-that little morsel would get communications flying 😀

that all said I don’t like the headlights whatsoever.
@Jamie@ScoutMotors. Maybe you have a tiny snip of something to temp our taste buds? Just a tiny little morsel?
News has been a touch slow this past week-that little morsel would get communications flying 😀

Since our Chief Design Officer Chris Benjamin recently came on board, there are likely to be a few tweaks that could make significant detail changes. If you think about the grill and headlights alone, there are *so* many possibilities. The design teams are working to get to a "lock" on the design, and things on their end are quiet at the moment. All normal stuff in the development. We will have more teasers in the future, but we also don't want to put teasers out there that aren't accurate either. I personally feel confident that this will all land in a good place.

Since our Chief Design Officer Chris Benjamin recently came on board, there are likely to be a few tweaks that could make significant detail changes. If you think about the grill and headlights alone, there are *so* many possibilities. The design teams are working to get to a "lock" on the design, and things on their end are quiet at the moment. All normal stuff in the development. We will have more teasers in the future, but we also don't want to put teasers out there that aren't accurate either. I personally feel confident that this will all land in a good place.
Was worth a shot 😂. Thanks Jamie

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
I wouldn't read any more into it than any other sketches floating around.

Fun to speculate though... :cool:
For what's it worth, I don't hate the design. The SUV looks Scout IIish. If this were an actual render I think the top helps with setting it apart from the competition. As J Alynn stated, what you see in the rear view mirror is a large part of the design and really can make or break the design. Looking forward to new information as it develops, we can't seem to get enough. 😉

For what's it worth, I don't hate the design. The SUV looks Scout IIish. If this were an actual render I think the top helps with setting it apart from the competition. As J Alynn stated, what you see in the rear view mirror is a large part of the design and really can make or break the design. Looking forward to new information as it develops, we can't seem to get enough. 😉
Definitely, front-end is a key thing we want to nail in, wanting it to be signature Scout. Will echo Jamie's mention above, we're still in the design process at the moment, making good headway, but still taking these feedback points and bringing additional input to the teams. We'll definitely keep you posted on any new renders or teasers that drop here in the near future ;)

Definitely, front-end is a key thing we want to nail in, wanting it to be signature Scout. Will echo Jamie's mention above, we're still in the design process at the moment, making good headway, but still taking these feedback points and bringing additional input to the teams. We'll definitely keep you posted on any new renders or teasers that drop here in the near future ;)
I’m going out on a limb here but I think it would be AWESOME if next preview/leak came directly to the forum first before the auto/EV groups get the info. Would be a way to really show the public that our input and enthusiasm is critical to Scout’s grass roots effort. Just a thought

I trust the designers are on the right path. A modern take on Scout grills of the past with clean and simple lines is my preference.
Same feedback for tail lights, markers, bumpers, side mirrors, antenna(s), door handles...etc..

I’m going out on a limb here but I think it would be AWESOME if next preview/leak came directly to the forum first before the auto/EV groups get the info. Would be a way to really show the public that our input and enthusiasm is critical to Scout’s grass roots effort. Just a thought
And while you're at it...how about a tshirt. Unofficial design team member :cool:
I'll buy one.

I’ve been trying to do the following and was going to connect with @mwmassie for this idea but maybe better in time with Scout design team. Bronco sent out odds and ends which we’ve already discussed but….
What about a printable cut-out Scout vehicle that we color, cut out, fold and connect tabs. Then we take pics and post on forum. Then you guys get an idea of colors that people like and maybe add our own graphics. Maybe throw in 3-5 wheel designs to cut out and add on as well as grill options. We get to see creative combos and your team gets lots of insight. Then maybe pick your teams top 3 and send winners t-shirts as well

Reactions: LastDayScout