Gear Tunnel

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I like what Bollinger did with the through vehicle storage a bit better. Ability to carry 16’ 2x’s or other longer items.

Attachments

• IMG_4235.PNG
    IMG_4235.PNG
    104.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4236.PNG
    IMG_4236.PNG
    238.9 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: IdahoJOAT
I have always appreciated the side compartments that Dodge RAM trucks have. Its a great use of dead space for storage. i also enjoy tailgating and love that they put drains in them to fill with ice and drinks 🍻.
ram-box-as-cooler-miami-lakes-ram.jpg

Diving deeper into this, I have always thought that the inside of truck bed walls have dead space that could be used for storage. I would love to get rid of the toolbox on my truck if I had the ability to store basic tools, straps, etc. in different sized lockable compartments within the bed itself (keep in mind a longer compartment would be needed for things like levels). A combination of what Dodge did for outside access, and lockable storage compartments on the inside remaining dead space areas could be a cool set up. Earlier post on storage within the tailgate itself could be applied to both the truck and SUV model (https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/tailgate-and-or-tailgating.98/post-1096). Would be really cool if those locks were lock/unlockable with the same fob button (or unlocks when fob is within range) that unlocks the tailgate. ....hate carrying extra keys. These boxes and locks might be another good idea to plan for, but be able to purchase as accessories at any time.

Under the back seat for storage compartments is another good option for tools, straps, etc. The ability to keep stuff from rolling around in this particular compartment would be key in design with this one being inside the cab. One idea might be to make Scout embroidered soft bags with foam that are made to fit within these compartments.
CHEV_Silverado_UnderSeat_Storage_4S002_props.jpg

Last edited:
I have always appreciated the side compartments that Dodge RAM trucks have. Its a great use of dead space for storage. i also enjoy tailgating and love that they put drains in them to fill with ice and drinks 🍻.

Diving deeper into this, I have always thought that the inside of truck bed walls have dead space that could be used for storage. I would love to get rid of the toolbox on my truck if I had the ability to store basic tools, straps, etc. in different sized lockable compartments within the bed itself (keep in mind a longer compartment would be needed for things like levels).
Not to nit-pick, but Dodge was hardly the first to use this concept. See the Chevrolet Avalanche:

As far as your dead-space in the wheelwells, someone saw your need and filled said need, UnderCover Swingcase:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-29 122225.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-29 122225.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: J Alynn
Not to nit-pick, but Dodge was hardly the first to use this concept. See the Chevrolet Avalanche:

As far as your dead-space in the wheelwells, someone saw your need and filled said need, UnderCover Swingcase:
Nice, didn't remember Avalanche did that.

I was more thinking an end result where the compartments are recessed into the sidewalls of the bed. Actually simular to the aftermarket Scout II lockable storage.
scoutiistorage.jpg