Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I think the Recon looks interesting but my wife has forbidden any Stelantis products (we used to own a Chrysler and...yeah she's right) and also I wouldn't want to hear the endless moaning of Wrangler people. I have a friend with a Mach e and he just constantly hears "Mustang" people complaining his car isn't a "ReAl" Mustang and the "real mustangs" make noise and blah blah blah. Nevermind that his can beat pretty much any of theirs performance-wise but whatever. I fear it will be the same thing with Jeep people and I'd have to listen to "Wrangler" people constantly telling me it's not a "real" offroader because "real offroaders" have 17th century leaf springs and solid axles from tractors or whatever. Nevermind that the Wrangler is basically rated as a death trap by literally every crash test organization on earth and that modern technology has improved offroad capabilities and performance significantly whether Jeep people realize it or not.

Scout doesn't have to worry about that nonsense. Most people don't remember the brand and those that do all seem happy it's being reborn. I don't think the Scout will compete much with the R1S. Rivians are too expensive for us mere mortals. I will compete against the Recon and perhaps an electric Bronco if Ford gets around to making one. That's really the vehicle I'd be really concerned about if I were Scout, an electric Bronco.

I wanted so badly to like this, but I don’t. The front end does not look good to me. The last Jeep I really liked was the WK2 generation Grand Cherokee. I really haven’t liked much since then. Scout…get this right!
I agree with you, here @LastDayScout. It almost looks like a cross between an SUV and a minivan.
I think Jeep has generally done a nice job with their styling and capability(ies). I do think Scout has to worry about what Jeep is doing and would not underestimate. They have an immense brand following.

I agree with you, here @LastDayScout. It almost looks like a cross between an SUV and a minivan.
I think Jeep has generally done a nice job with their styling and capability(ies). I do think Scout has to worry about what Jeep is doing and would not underestimate. They have an immense brand following.
I should throw in there I have owned and driven many Jeeps and I generally love them quirks and all. It’s just been kinda meh lately. The Recon could’ve been so awesome. And maybe it will be. But the concept seems half baked. But, I do agree this will the most immediate competition for Scout.

Reactions: J Alynn
I saw this article too and was dumb founded that they would risk it. The whole notion of subscription based “services” in vehicles is insulting. That BMW is thinking of heated seats as subscription is ridiculous.
Please don’t go subscription route on the new Scouts.
If they do... huge mistake.

People are fickle, especially so now in this day and age.

GM isn't risking, they're going to lose customers and money. And after the fiasco they put themselves in in the mid-00s you'd have thought they'd have learned... smh.

This is a few weeks old, but I was looking closer at the pictures today. I also read the comments section. I know trolls will be trolls but not very good for Jeep. I am sure Scout is paying close attention as I think the Recon will be a closer competitor than Rivian R1S. Certainly if the price point comes in where as our thinks it will. Anyway, what do all of you think about the Recon???
I actually like it, for what it is.

Jeepers are, quite honestly, by and large brand loyal assholes. Especially the Wrangler lovers. And ESPECIALLY the 2-door lovers. Nothing will please them.

• Love
Reactions: Tuffles and J Alynn
Not an article reference but an idea for a media event. I think when Scout hits the 6 month mark-give or take and has 95% accurate prototypes for the media to experience-you should mix things up. I think you should invite the long term forum members to media day (at our cost-but throw in an assorted swag bag, let us drive and experience the new Scout and then allow the outside media to gather info from our perspectives as potential buyers.
This would allow us as the first round buyers to get the experience of driving them before we order, see exterior/interior color combos in person-rather than guessing if we like the colors and give your team final thoughts so maybe small changes/improvements could be made. It would give the journalists a different perspective to write - from the buyers/enthusiasts point of view rather than just a car critics point of view. Most of the articles from each company are always slightly slanted to their preference or everyone compares a vehicle’s performance to BMW. Imagine articles written from consumer input. Even if Scout had a form you fill out after your drive experience that is a 1-10 scale of 20 items then an area for a couple write-in personal thoughts (always some loose canon that will crap on everything so limit the space or sort them before the media gets them.
As someone who reads a lot of car news, I can always guess which magazines/news sources will like this, that or the other thing. What I’d often like in those articles is to hear what people like me think about a vehicle.
I own an Acura TLX type S. I don’t like BMW’s and didn’t need to spend $15K more for an equivalent set of features. I get tired of every BMW owner or journalist complain how the TLX doesn’t out perform the Bimmer. I’m fond of Japanese cars, didn’t want maintenance costs of a BMW and for my place in life, the Acura was the right fit. That said, if I would only have listened to journalists I might have made a decision I regretted. Point is-I’d like to hear what Scout enthusiasts think of the new vehicle-not the journalist who might have 0% connection to Scout but is being paid/comp’d to be there.
Just a thought. Maybe an east coast and west coast event-like DC/Virginia where your team is sorta based or SC near/at the new headquarters and maybe one near MOAB or Las Vegas for the west coast.
Just some crazy talk but figured I’d share.
@J Alynn , such a great idea. Oh man this gets me about as excited as seeing our Scout get built.

@Chris@ScoutMotors or @Jamie@ScoutMotors , do we need to submit resumes for something like this or what? :)

I’m throwing this link that was posted on the Bronco6G forum. I know this was just touched upon the other day in another thread regarding removing doors. Ironically this is the municipality I grew up in which cracked me up.
I guess cage/tube doors would be OK if supplied by Scout based on how the vehicular code reads in the post

• Sad
Reactions: Harris005
I’m throwing this link that was posted on the Bronco6G forum. I know this was just touched upon the other day in another thread regarding removing doors. Ironically this is the municipality I grew up in which cracked me up.
I guess cage/tube doors would be OK if supplied by Scout based on how the vehicular code reads in the post

Just died laughing at one of the responses.
Paraphrased - “Tell the officer your vehicle identifies as a motorcycle and all is good”

• Haha
Reactions: Harris005
This article mentions the GX’s ladder frame being ready for EV. If Toyota brings this back to the USA in Prado form (as is being hinted) it will definitely be a Scout competitor.

If the new Scout prices out the same as the GX I’m sorry to say Scout missed the mark somewhere. Do really like the new design of the GX. Good mix of ruggedness and luxury

Reactions: Harris005 and lefty
If the new Scout prices out the same as the GX I’m sorry to say Scout missed the mark somewhere. Do really like the new design of the GX. Good mix of ruggedness and luxury
My point was that it seems increasingly likely that Toyota will bring back their version of this platform (Land Cruiser Prado) and it very well may have an EV version. A Land Cruiser Prado EV would be a direct competitor, not the luxury version Lexus GX.

Nice idea!

Nice idea!
Goes back to idea of the Jerry cans. Maybe the scout gets a hitch rack on rear with 4-5 Jerry cans that connect together. Still think Jerry can battery range extender would be genius. Even if not feasible yet I think Scout should submit a patent to hold the idea

Nice idea!
Having driven electric vehicles for six years now I'd rather have faster charging than this sort of thing. Batteries are heavy and cumbersome. The amount of range you'd get from add-on batteries like that also likely wouldn't be enough to bother with, especially if your normal charge stops are under 20 mins. Plus you'd have to store and charge them when you aren't using them so you'd have these heavy, awkward things in your garage all the time. Nah, I'd rather have the vehicle just charge faster at a DCFC station than bother with modular add-on batteries. If I can get back to 80% in under 20 minutes and continue driving for another 3 hours or so then who cares if these batteries add another 50km or whatever. They'd just add weight (which reduces range) and take up space that could be used for actual gear. It's diminishing returns. Plus putting all the weight up high like that isn't a great idea for stability. It's just not worth it.