What buyer type are you

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

What is your primary buying/using interest with the new Scout

• I’m a SUV owner looking for EV capable of towing boats, trailers, campers, etc…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I want to expand on the idea behind "what kind of buyer are you"

I love cars and I also love the analysis that can come from associating what vehicle someone buys is a reflection of who they are and what they value as a person. Cars not only are the 2nd most expensive thing people buy, but many will spend more time in their cars than any individual room in their homes....so i find that the car you choose to buy is deeply personal.

price isn't always a factor in the analysis. as an example i was telling my friend about it and then i turned to his car a Honda HR-V. He then blurted out "you can tell i'm cheap". I replied that isn't necessarily the case. The HR-V has great gas mileage, it is practical, is has more passenger volume than cargo volume, and it is front wheel drive.....the other factor that i know from being his friend is that he is extremely frugal, he has enough money to buy more expensive cars but his main car is a early 2000s Nissan that still works fine. so because of that he HAD to spend money on his wife's car and the things he clearly found valuable enough to spend money on is his kids/family. Driving performance wasn't important to him and cargo space was a minor need for only occasional short road trips and no off roading.

the things i value as a person and therefore what i want in a vehicle:
- I value my family most of all so i want good comfortable passanger volume
- I want to work on my house, so i need cargo and towing
- I enjoy driving, finding the proper line and making a smooth transition in and out of curves, I used to enjoy stick shift but acceleration on demand is also something i value.
- I value nature so being able to drive down the beach or towing a small boat to a boat launch or just getting me a little down an unpaved road.
- I also really value efficiency. I don't like the idea of waste.....so MPG or MPGe is a very important comparison point for me.

I want to expand on the idea behind "what kind of buyer are you"

I love cars and I also love the analysis that can come from associating what vehicle someone buys is a reflection of who they are and what they value as a person. Cars not only are the 2nd most expensive thing people buy, but many will spend more time in their cars than any individual room in their homes....so i find that the car you choose to buy is deeply personal.

price isn't always a factor in the analysis. as an example i was telling my friend about it and then i turned to his car a Honda HR-V. He then blurted out "you can tell i'm cheap". I replied that isn't necessarily the case. The HR-V has great gas mileage, it is practical, is has more passenger volume than cargo volume, and it is front wheel drive.....the other factor that i know from being his friend is that he is extremely frugal, he has enough money to buy more expensive cars but his main car is a early 2000s Nissan that still works fine. so because of that he HAD to spend money on his wife's car and the things he clearly found valuable enough to spend money on is his kids/family. Driving performance wasn't important to him and cargo space was a minor need for only occasional short road trips and no off roading.

the things i value as a person and therefore what i want in a vehicle:
- I value my family most of all so i want good comfortable passanger volume
- I want to work on my house, so i need cargo and towing
- I enjoy driving, finding the proper line and making a smooth transition in and out of curves, I used to enjoy stick shift but acceleration on demand is also something i value.
- I value nature so being able to drive down the beach or towing a small boat to a boat launch or just getting me a little down an unpaved road.
- I also really value efficiency. I don't like the idea of waste.....so MPG or MPGe is a very important comparison point for me.
Great added point of view
My kid is off to college in 4 months so family need is less for me
-I love design-especially cars-always wanted to be a car designer. The lines, the details, aesthetics.
-I’m a spirited driver BUT a driver. I don’t play on my phone-safety matters a lot as it relates to performance. I don’t talk with my hands. To me my drive is an experience, not a necessary evil.
-personally, I don’t care what’s inside so long as it works and is reliable. Could be 2 hamsters in a wheel-just doesn’t matter to me so long as performance satisfies me
-I LOVE open air driving. I believe so long as it’s over 50 degrees and no precipitation I like the top downs. So good heater is important. My first convertible I’d bundle up my daughter first snow fall each year and we’d drive in the snow-LOVED it.
-this vehicle style helps me escape and also slows me down. Little time for boating but archery will minimize when my daughter leaves so fishing is going to be reignited and the flexibility of a Scout/Bronco does what I need
-“fuel” economy matters but I don’t commute and I don’t expect a box on wheels to be stellar so hopefully Scout will blow my mind and average like 26-28 mpg-e.
Thanks for throwing in this angle-hoping others share their “secret” stories

Reactions: Rustic_father
-“fuel” economy matters but I don’t commute and I don’t expect a box on wheels to be stellar so hopefully Scout will blow my mind and average like 26-28 mpg-e.
just for reference 26 MPGe would be terrible....for reference the Rivian gets 74 MPGe and whats worse is the HUMMER EV which gets about 47MPGe and is considered a terribly inefficient vehicle...much like it's ICE version.

just for reference 26 MPGe would be terrible....for reference the Rivian gets 74 MPGe and whats worse is the HUMMER EV which gets about 47MPGe and is considered a terribly inefficient vehicle...much like it's ICE version.
Feel like GMC going with 35” MTs as the only tire option was a PR mistake, it would have been wise to also offer a street focused/maximum MPGe tire option as well like Rivian did... particularly because of the Hummer’s history with efficiency or the lack thereof.

Rivian R1T: Standard ~33” All Seasons (73 MPGe) Vs ~34” All Terrains (64 MPGe)

Reactions: J Alynn