Scout Color Poll #1

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Please choose your top three favorite colors (color samples below poll):

• Red

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • Butter Yellow

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Bright Yellow

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Avocado Green

Votes: 36 20.3%
  • Bright Green

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Dark Green

Votes: 84 47.5%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 34 19.2%
  • Bright Blue

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Medium Blue

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dark Blue

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • Blue/Grey

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • Aqua Marine Blue

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Flat Grey

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • Orange

Votes: 45 25.4%
  • Copper

Votes: 60 33.9%

• Total voters
Honestly even back in 1984 when I had a 78 to drive to college, the orange was way too bright. I think now, more subtle colors would work.

In the 70s racing stripes, wood panel decals, rallye treatments, and all sorts of colourful blotches decorated many Scouts == the more DOLL-UP it was the more paint got covered by stick-on vinyl colour. In the late 60s the DOLL-UP treatments for 800s were mostly product-model identifiers, and the 80s of the early 60s were almost devoid of any IH supplied stick-ons. Although a fair number of vehicles from that early era did receive pin-striping as it was a fad in vogue in those years. So IH went from plain, to model ID, to hood drapes, to broadsides; but I don't recall that the urge to decorate was much shared with the competition (Jimmy, Bronco, Rover, Blazer); maybe I'm wrong about that but that's what I recall from my memory of those years. Today we see little beyond a big "4X4" often accompanied by "Off-Road." As I try to look objectively at it, Scout (and it's Doll-Up purveyors) led the way to vinyl but no one else followed and it hasn't been a feature much since. A lot of us Scout owners really seem to have liked the idea of plastering graphics on those expansive wide hoods and plain tall sides, still do. The existence of a couple of shops producing RePops of all that sticky vinyl, attests to it's continued popularity.

Those great smooth drawing boards seem to be a relict of the past, all the body panels have creases and grooves, presumably to satisfy the crumple zone requirements?? Do we of the legacy Scout community want our new EV Scouts to have smooth panels that sport doll-up vinyl stripes and wood-grain panels? Is it a historical fad that had its time?

Reactions: J Alynn
Typically the Avacado green is a color I would oppose but something tells me that it would look incredible on a vintage scout. I will say that the demographic of offroad enthusiast who want a modern vehicle linked to its roots are in favor of a green which is why Ford brought in Eruption Green as a late available choice for the Bronco. I agree with @J Alynn that a true orange is missing, I'd say more along the lines of an Apricot color. While I understand that this is a very premature poll, it is appreciated. I do really like the Blue/Grey, remind me of my workout room walls which is called "Coastal Jetty".
I selected Avocado green with my first choice and my brain was telling me, "Who ARE you?" Im the same. Normally would not like. Think it would be amazing on a scout.

The shading on that sketch is reminiscent of a car that runs around Bennington, VT these days. It's a small Ford something but brand isof minimal relevance. It has been completely wrapped with a Kelley Green metallic mirror finish = same colour intensity as your blushing fuchsia. Body curves eliminate reflected images so it's just ever changing patches of swirling light and dark. Fortunately I have not been subject to it's performance on a sunshiny day, yet. Oddly I like it, but am not sure it should be on the road; in some states it would get ticketed as a distraction.

The shading on that sketch is reminiscent of a car that runs around Bennington, VT these days. It's a small Ford something but brand isof minimal relevance. It has been completely wrapped with a Kelley Green metallic mirror finish = same colour intensity as your blushing fuchsia. Body curves eliminate reflected images so it's just ever changing patches of swirling light and dark. Fortunately I have not been subject to it's performance on a sunshiny day, yet. Oddly I like it, but am not sure it should be on the road; in some states it would get ticketed as a distraction.
word soup, I need crackers.

I'll throw out a crazier one. I'm getting closer to painting my Scout and have decided to go with a little inspiration from my Kayak. I'm looking at a darker blue gray, with some orange highlights and blacked out trim/accent pieces.

View attachment 330
Hmmmmm..... liking the Scout color backdrop from the ground breaking ceremony 😃

_DSC4811.jpg