Scout Color Poll #1

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Please choose your top three favorite colors (color samples below poll):

• Red

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Butter Yellow

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • Bright Yellow

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Avocado Green

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • Bright Green

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Dark Green

Votes: 83 47.7%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • Bright Blue

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Medium Blue

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dark Blue

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Blue/Grey

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Aqua Marine Blue

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • Flat Grey

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 43 24.7%
  • Copper

Votes: 59 33.9%

• Total voters
2e9d583e8c1164e257dd1c44b06664af--grand-rapids-michigan-international-harvester.jpg
1970_dodge_challenger_15778395638ba3b973450bf6aScreen-Shot-2019-12-31-at-4.45.52-PM.png
PantherPink_IMG002.jpg

Just some personal preferences.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
In an ideal world there would be room for both.
I tend to lean more to your terracotta color but as orange tones go I think the example I posted is a great shade of orange. I’d even be happy to push the terracotta a hair darker with just a bit of metallic. I call in mahogany but dark terracotta is right in my wheelhouse.

I just wanted to show off a 78 Rallye in Terra Cotta because that's what I have. I'm a little biased.:)
I mean they put it right on the cover of the brochure.

Reactions: J Alynn
Scout Motors could be the first manufacturer to offer custom wraps. Just sayin'

That's not what I think of as copper. My ideal copper is running around on a bunch of Nissan models these days. Very close to the colour and appearance of the pipe after buffing it up good with steel wool just before touching the solder to it.

I see RED isn't real popular (11%), but if SM is truly invested in the idea of honouring the legacy Scouts they need to offer good old 2150 red. While it is clear that the SUV is headed in the direction of extending the Scout II heritage, perhaps the pickup is to be more utilitarian. It just might the where some of the legacy colours of the 80/800s could be offered.

I see RED isn't real popular (11%), but if SM is truly invested in the idea of honouring the legacy Scouts they need to offer good old 2150 red. While it is clear that the SUV is headed in the direction of extending the Scout II heritage, perhaps the pickup is to be more utilitarian. It just might the where some of the legacy colours of the 80/800s could be offered.
I agree they need Harvester red. But, Copper is the name in the IH color charts of the copper-ish looking color.

Reactions: nolen and J Alynn
My 800A was a nice medium metallic blue with a white top. Nowadays I'd like a deep, complex tropical green. But not a color that changes too much in differently lighting conditions. I like to know what color my car is.

Ok, so this is just for fun and not official in any way this far out. Let's also assume black, white and Silver are in the mix already. Here are a variety of different shades of fun colors for your voting pleasure. We are going to limit this just three votes per registered user, so pick your top 3 choices. Since it doesn't officially count, don't bother creating a different account just to bump something up. We will run some semi-official color polls much later as we get closer to production. Ok, so here are your generic choices:

Red:
View attachment 316

Orange:
View attachment 345

Butter Yellow:
View attachment 313
Bright Blue:
View attachment 319

Medium Blue:
View attachment 321

Blue Grey:
View attachment 315

If doing an ORANGE... it MUST be the #2289 IH Flame Red... that is iconic on it's own... a generic "orange" is chevy... blech......

Don't do PELICAN BLUE METALLIC... I already did. :p

Attachments

• MOBY-1953.jpg
    MOBY-1953.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
I'll throw out a crazier one. I'm getting closer to painting my Scout and have decided to go with a little inspiration from my Kayak. I'm looking at a darker blue gray, with some orange highlights and blacked out trim/accent pieces.

View attachment 330

You are getting into the CAVALRY BLUE with this (a Toyota color)... I did that too:

Attachments

• Ghost Before After.jpg
    Ghost Before After.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 3
If final colors aren’t linked to original IH colors I think all the color names should be derived from:
America the Beautiful and
Star spangled Banner
Lots of color references and a cool way to offer an American made vehicle an even more patriotic connection.
“Rockets RED glare”
“PURPLE mountain majesty”
“AMBER waves of grain”
“Sea to shining sea”-(blue)
“Proof through the night” (black)
“Fruited plains” (green or a bright color)
And plenty more plays on words

I like the play on words that Jeep has done which made me think of the idea.
Earl (gray)
(Purple) Rayne or Rain-forget how they spelled it