Trim Levels

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

What Trim Would You Buy

• Base (creature comforts) $40,0000+ est.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Rallye (Off-road focused, creature comforts) $50,000+ est.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Comanche (Luxury, nicer interior, pavement-focused) $60,000+ est.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Super Scout (has it all) $70,000+ est.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

sambown

1st Year Member
Aug 23, 2023
Deer Park, Washington
I think it is imperative to discuss trim levels for the new scout. As I read through this forum I see three kinds of people (mostly).
- The person who will never take this off-road, but appreciates the heritage of the vehicle and the idea of saving the environment with an EV
- The person who may take this camping, and is looking for just another option that competes with the Bronco or Jeeps
- The enthusiast that has had tons of scouts, and will take this offroad every weekend with their family (I am in this group)
- The person that wants to flaunt they have all the money in the world

There should be a trim for each buyer.
- The camping/weekender trim (Base?) 33" tires, cloth seats, heated seats, standard range, smaller screens ($40,000?)
- The offroader package (Rallye?) 35" tires, vinyl seats, no carpet is standard, heated seats but not cooled, smaller screens, standard range ($50,000?)
- The Luxury trim (Comanche?) with 33" tires, larger screens, longer range, leather seats, cooled seats, screens in the back, carpet is standard, etc. ($60,000)
- The Super Scout - 35" tires, leather seats, carpet, heated and cooled seats, largest screens, longest range ($70,000?)

Reactions: Bodie and Harris005
I like this one; it made me sit here and think about it quite a bit. I can't really say that one of the options was the perfect fit. I liked bits and pieces of each, which is why I hope they can really figure out a way to dial in to the buyer being able to truly select and buy the set up they want. I know that becomes complicated on the assembly line, but still a wish. It's hard (in this example) to pay an additional 10K for a few more of the options you may really want.

Thinking outside of the box - Everyone starts with the same base model online, picking colors, interior, etc. Then walking your way through the items you want to add. [using your above thoughts] $10K in add ons = slapping a Rallye emblem on // $20K in add ons = a Comanche emblem // $30K in add ons = Super Scout emblem (although I hate not being able to afford the Super Scout :cautious: ).

• Love
Reactions: J Alynn and sambown
I like this one; it made me sit here and think about it quite a bit. I can't really say that one of the options was the perfect fit. I liked bits and pieces of each, which is why I hope they can really figure out a way to dial in to the buyer being able to truly select and buy the set up they want. I know that becomes complicated on the assembly line, but still a wish. It's hard (in this example) to pay an additional 10K for a few more of the options you may really want.

Thinking outside of the box - Everyone starts with the same base model online, picking colors, interior, etc. Then walking your way through the items you want to add. [using your above thoughts] $10K in add ons = slapping a Rallye emblem on // $20K in add ons = a Comanche emblem // $30K in add ons = Super Scout emblem (although I hate not being able to afford the Super Scout :cautious: ).
This is a really good point. I think that by doing it this way it makes it so your Rallye scout is unique to you, and not just like every other Rallye on the road.

Completely agree with@Harris005. I just posted on the other thread but I still think while making the sales side of things harder, going piece meal is the way to go on options. I’d love to see Scout avoid the current method of doing package set-ups. I’d rather know each individual item is 5% more than if packaged but then I create MY own package-what’s is specific and special for my needs

Reactions: Harris005
This poll tells me that the thinking at SM is being too tainted by current USA marketing and not sticking to the IH & Scout heritage. Early on (I'm old enough to have done this) the term "build a Scout" meant that IH built the Scout that you wanted. While those days are long gone from the car & pickup marketplace, an evolved version is still very much alive for big trucks. 'Trim package' is a concept that turns my stomach, you can never get what you really want or need and usually stuff you don't. When I ordered my first several Scouts I sat with the manager and we went down the list: Do you want a heater? Do you need windshield wipers? Door handle style? Bench or bucket seats? . . . Three or four speed transmission? What gear ration for the axles? Paint colour? YES, 59 years ago 24y/o me actually got guided through all those questions by a man who mostly sold big IH trucks. Six weeks later my build arrived.

The 'trim package' might be fine for the grocery-getter and pavement-princess buyers who will make the new Scout financially possible, but for the rock-crawler, off-roader, and industrial users there should be a "Tough Scout" base to which we can add the features and accessories necessary to support our usage. Some duplication of after-market products is likely, but I'm thinking more about SM options like heavy duty bumpers, winch mounts, carpet/rubber, extra power ports for police/fire/rescue equipment, seat coverings, etc. I foresee some items as factory installed and some that can be added at the distribution point. As long as the time is not like for a Rivian, I'm happy to wait a while to get my build my way.

This poll tells me that the thinking at SM is being too tainted by current USA marketing and not sticking to the IH & Scout heritage. Early on (I'm old enough to have done this) the term "build a Scout" meant that IH built the Scout that you wanted. While those days are long gone from the car & pickup marketplace, an evolved version is still very much alive for big trucks. 'Trim package' is a concept that turns my stomach, you can never get what you really want or need and usually stuff you don't. When I ordered my first several Scouts I sat with the manager and we went down the list: Do you want a heater? Do you need windshield wipers? Door handle style? Bench or bucket seats? . . . Three or four speed transmission? What gear ration for the axles? Paint colour? YES, 59 years ago 24y/o me actually got guided through all those questions by a man who mostly sold big IH trucks. Six weeks later my build arrived.

The 'trim package' might be fine for the grocery-getter and pavement-princess buyers who will make the new Scout financially possible, but for the rock-crawler, off-roader, and industrial users there should be a "Tough Scout" base to which we can add the features and accessories necessary to support our usage. Some duplication of after-market products is likely, but I'm thinking more about SM options like heavy duty bumpers, winch mounts, carpet/rubber, extra power ports for police/fire/rescue equipment, seat coverings, etc. I foresee some items as factory installed and some that can be added at the distribution point. As long as the time is not like for a Rivian, I'm happy to wait a while to get my build my way.
I’m curious why you think SM is tainted. They have yet to announce their build/options strategy and I think the overwhelming response in the forum is that we want options to be as Al a cart as possible. Sure some of us prefer a more luxury finish and others want hard core rock crawling. I think so long as the core frame and vehicle dynamics are designed properly both can be successful. The Bronco has managed to do very well with this and if SM learns from that, the Wrangler and the other 4 or 5 off road conversion vehicles they should be very successful. There will always be a divide on the forum between off roaders and on roaders (personally I think mall crawler, grocery getter and pavement princess are a bit aggressive (got tired of that on the Bronco6G forum as well). We can all be passionate about Scouts for our own reasons. I’d rather know mine is a daily driver and I get to enjoy every day rather than once a month IF I have time to get out. I grew up in our Scout most weekends with my dad and family going to my relative’s cabin on the Susquehanna river fishing until it got dark. I have great memories and never once did my dad take it off roading. He worked most his career at New Holland farm equipment-believed in quality farming machinery and had the sense to buy a Scout for the same reasoning. The Scout is an experience/lifestyle vehicle and so long as we offer SM useful suggestions we should ultimately get a vehicle that serves all our needs. Some equipment and features ultimately need to be options because most buyers will not use winches and Fox shocks and beaded tires but those who do should be able to easily adapt/mod/add them

I’m curious why you think SM is tainted. They have yet to announce their build/options strategy and I think the overwhelming response in the forum is that we want options to be as Al a cart as possible. Sure some of us prefer a more luxury finish and others want hard core rock crawling. I think so long as the core frame and vehicle dynamics are designed properly both can be successful. The Bronco has managed to do very well with this and if SM learns from that, the Wrangler and the other 4 or 5 off road conversion vehicles they should be very successful. There will always be a divide on the forum between off roaders and on roaders (personally I think mall crawler, grocery getter and pavement princess are a bit aggressive (got tired of that on the Bronco6G forum as well). We can all be passionate about Scouts for our own reasons. I’d rather know mine is a daily driver and I get to enjoy every day rather than once a month IF I have time to get out. I grew up in our Scout most weekends with my dad and family going to my relative’s cabin on the Susquehanna river fishing until it got dark. I have great memories and never once did my dad take it off roading. He worked most his career at New Holland farm equipment-believed in quality farming machinery and had the sense to buy a Scout for the same reasoning. The Scout is an experience/lifestyle vehicle and so long as we offer SM useful suggestions we should ultimately get a vehicle that serves all our needs. Some equipment and features ultimately need to be options because most buyers will not use winches and Fox shocks and beaded tires but those who do should be able to easily adapt/mod/add them
I would be shocked if Scout ended up not being the most configurable automobile on the market. SM set up this community forum to gather feed back and they have been great with listening to this community. I think the word “trim” is mostly thinking back to the originals ie Rallye, Midas, etc. I would say don’t get to worried yet.

Reactions: J Alynn
I definitely think there should be a scout for every buyer. As you say, as long as the frame and dynamics are configurable enough to offer something for the base buyer, luxury buyer, crawler, etc. as the broncos and wranglers do, this will be great. I just wanted to add to this with my own opinion, that if they do not offer trims and instead offer any option the buyer wants to add, the manufacturing times will increase substantially. However, I would definitely be willing to wait a year for a scout that is completely my own, rather than wait for a scout for 6 months that is very similar to someone else's.

I definitely think there should be a scout for every buyer. As you say, as long as the frame and dynamics are configurable enough to offer something for the base buyer, luxury buyer, crawler, etc. as the broncos and wranglers do, this will be great. I just wanted to add to this with my own opinion, that if they do not offer trims and instead offer any option the buyer wants to add, the manufacturing times will increase substantially. However, I would definitely be willing to wait a year for a scout that is completely my own, rather than wait for a scout for 6 months that is very similar to someone else's.
100% agree. I’ll also add and say the can accept if that adds 5-10% to the cost it would be worth it. Things I can’t afford up front I’ll wait for or eventually do as aftermarket.

Reactions: Harris005
Maybe an idea with your thoughts above would be trim packages for the masses for production reasons, but have one trim package (might I suggest Super Scout because thats what I'm hoping to buy) that allows the consumer to totally customize and pick and choose what they want in their Scout. ....knowing it could take longer and cost a bit more. Every Super Scout seen on the road is then recognized to be a one off custom from the factory.

• Love
Reactions: Bodie