Not competition for Scout, however...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Harumph

1st Year Member
May 20, 2023
This is a concept from Aehra, an Italian startup. I like the aero effects to reduce the drag coefficient, which is important for an EV and to counter the Scout's boxy design.
Hood vents, front intake and side vents...looks cool. Should Scout incorporate this type of aero effects for their designs?

Aehra.jpg

This is a concept from Aehra, an Italian startup. I like the aero effects to reduce the drag coefficient, which is important for an EV and to counter the Scout's boxy design.
Hood vents, front intake and side vents...looks cool. Should Scout incorporate this type of aero effects for their designs?

View attachment 1450
This screams Italian design design and looks great. Fundamentally the Scout needs to be a box if they are going for the heritage connection. Integrating active aero dynamics is great if it fits the look but I don’t think Scout will be successful if their primary approach is range and sleek aero dynamics.
Personally I think the approach needs to be: How do we get the best mileage possible from a rugged box on wheels that provides people with utility, open air enjoyment and flexible use while respecting the heritage of Scout.
I can say right now-in conjunction with the Volvo post the other day, that if this vehicle becomes a rounded out, CUV designed for a 450 mile range then I’m out because fundamentally that would mean Scout missed their own mark and missed big.
And their own hype video clearly ended with “we don’t intend to miss”

Reactions: Bodie
@JAlynn -
This screams Italian design design and looks great. Fundamentally the Scout needs to be a box if they are going for the heritage connection. Integrating active aero dynamics is great if it fits the look but I don’t think Scout will be successful if their primary approach is range and sleek aero dynamics.
Personally I think the approach needs to be: How do we get the best mileage possible from a rugged box on wheels that provides people with utility, open air enjoyment and flexible use while respecting the heritage of Scout.
I can say right now-in conjunction with the Volvo post the other day, that if this vehicle becomes a rounded out, CUV designed for a 450 mile range then I’m out because fundamentally that would mean Scout missed their own mark and missed big.
And their own hype video clearly ended with “we don’t intend to miss”
I agree with you and do not feel Scout should incorporate any sort of side-venting aerodynamic features, etc. However there is something that sort of bugs me.... too many EVs have these monolithic pieces of plastic where grills, fairings, bumpers, etc used to be (volvo, lower-end tesla, mustang, etc.). And for some reason a lot of EV manufacturers feel the need to put lights on their cars or trucks that span the entire width of the vehicle. Why? I have no idea. Obviously an EV doesn't need a grill but cars just look so odd without something to fill the space.

• Love
Reactions: J Alynn
We don't have to worry about Scout becoming a crossover or not being boxy enough.

Scout Motors has defined what "Scout heritage" means, embodied with a modern design language.

Scout Tease Sketches.jpg

Reactions: wrr
@JAlynn -

I agree with you and do not feel Scout should incorporate any sort of side-venting aerodynamic features, etc. However there is something that sort of bugs me.... too many EVs have these monolithic pieces of plastic where grills, fairings, bumpers, etc used to be (volvo, lower-end tesla, mustang, etc.). And for some reason a lot of EV manufacturers feel the need to put lights on their cars or trucks that span the entire width of the vehicle. Why? I have no idea. Obviously an EV doesn't need a grill but cars just look so odd without something to fill the space.
Completely agree with you on the front grills. Why can’t it be a sculpted grill with a recessed backplate with a dark finish so the raised portion looks like a grill rather than plastic as you noted. I commented early on that if frunk is offered with generator space or other storage an active damper/vent cover could replace the fixed back plate so some airflow could enter the frunk as needed for venting

This is not for me, however i know there are several people on this forum who are interested in removable doors.
These inserts are manufactured/sold by a 3rd party for the vehicle aftermarket.

Bronc.jpg

View attachment 1450
Okay... are you trolling us or is this April 1st? That is a great design... for Honda, Alfa, Fiat, Nissan, Volvo.... you are aware a Scout is a TRUCK right?

• Haha
Reactions: lefty
Okay... are you trolling us or is this April 1st? That is a great design... for Honda, Alfa, Fiat, Nissan, Volvo.... you are aware a Scout is a TRUCK right?
You've gotta read the post to understand the context. ;)

Another very clean design concept from which to draw inspiration.

Audi apprentices turn vintage NSU Prinz into electric hot rod
NSU Prinz.jpg

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
Nahhh... just some of your posts make my eyes bleed... and again, not enough coffee in the world.
:ROFLMAO: You were (are) probably a bully. If you do not like my posts and have a lack of self control then you should block me so you do not feel compelled to read them. It will be a shame if you bleed-out through your weak eye holes.

Reactions: J Alynn