Not a fan

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
The article you're referring is not an official render, let alone not even a render teased by Scout Motors. Any opinion about the product is premature at this point as production models have not been produced. Time will tell.
I’ve been out of the loop on announcements and developments - when are they expected to officially announce something?

Fairly short sighted. Terrible EVs are tanking, you can’t attribute that to the entire market. Using current market factors would mean that because no one wanted the Honda insight in 2000, Tesla wouldn’t have come into market in 2003. Even the initial Tesla sales were weak and the pundits have since been proven wrong. The macro market as a whole is having a correction. Typical bull whip effect from the last couple years of booming sales. Let’s assume the charging ecosystem will continue to develop over the next 2-3 years while range anxiety works itself out and provides even more convenience.

Reactions: LastDayScout
Detroit Auto Show is in September - is that the goal? ;-)
I bet they'd have something done by then. Thought Jamie said somewhere that 3rd quarter 2024 the design would be finalized? Can't remember if they said anything about having prototypes rolling around. As hard as they are pushing Scout = American I could see a July 4th reveal or at least another video for us to see some Scout 800s & Scout II's playing around across the country

Reactions: J Alynn
Harvester in the Holler is September as well. A bit early but if speculating maybe the choose a IH event to break the news to the general public
That would be remarkable. Per a podcast on Classic4x4 with Ryan Duvall it was intended that Scout would be revived during Harvestor Homecoming but was leaked before then.

I think a IH event would send a strong message. However, I would fully expect SM to have something at the Detroit Auto Show. The coverage will just be so much larger for the greater audience.

I think a IH event would send a strong message. However, I would fully expect SM to have something at the Detroit Auto Show. The coverage will just be so much larger for the greater audience.
It will be interesting to see how Scout Motors plans to announce it's future concept. In recent history, manufacturers release their models through YouTube or their own release followed by media release soon after. The North American Auto Show (Detroit Auto Show) doesn't seem to be the platform where manufacturers release their concepts any longer. With SM being a new company, it will be interesting to see how they decide to reach a wider audience. If SM decides to go the route of doing a YouTube premier, I think teasers will needed to create excitement.

I think pebble beach would be a cool location as well. YouTube certainly hits the younger generation but I think a live event will be critical-especially for a brand new (kinda 😀) vehicle for the market. YouTube is great when you are established and have regular visitors to your site to direct them to online media launch events but since SM isn’t established like Ford or Toyota I fear online will be less successful. I generally would agree about Detroit being a launch venue but maybe in this case as an American made vehicle Detroit would be the place.

Reactions: OleScout
Fairly short sighted. Terrible EVs are tanking, you can’t attribute that to the entire market. Using current market factors would mean that because no one wanted the Honda insight in 2000, Tesla wouldn’t have come into market in 2003. Even the initial Tesla sales were weak and the pundits have since been proven wrong. The macro market as a whole is having a correction. Typical bull whip effect from the last couple years of booming sales. Let’s assume the charging ecosystem will continue to develop over the next 2-3 years while range anxiety works itself out and provides even more convenience.
Tesla sales took a long time to take off partly because each vehicle they spit out the door had to go back through assembly.

While high priced EV's may be sliding there is a market for $30,000 family cars and between the government of CA and DC there is expected to come a time when the only new vehicle you can buy in certain places is 100% EV.

There are solutions to ICe mileage waiting to be developed or discovered just as we have been running bandaids (catalytic convertors) on all gas cars since 1975 with zero necessity to actually clean up the bare engines.

For ICE why can't we go back to tge drawing board with Diesel that was originally developed to run on sustainable plant oils and not petroleum. It was Rockefeller and JP Morgan that demanded a fossil fuel for Diesels ⛽

Tesla sales took a long time to take off partly because each vehicle they spit out the door had to go back through assembly.

While high priced EV's may be sliding there is a market for $30,000 family cars and between the government of CA and DC there is expected to come a time when the only new vehicle you can buy in certain places is 100% EV.

There are solutions to ICe mileage waiting to be developed or discovered just as we have been running bandaids (catalytic convertors) on all gas cars since 1975 with zero necessity to actually clean up the bare engines.

For ICE why can't we go back to tge drawing board with Diesel that was originally developed to run on sustainable plant oils and not petroleum. It was Rockefeller and JP Morgan that demanded a fossil fuel for Diesels ⛽

Diesel was peanut oil!! There is a reason he vanished on the boat...

I had a design idea, that is probably too late given design stages, but who knows...

I was thinking that it would be really interesting (in the spirit of "honoring the Scout heritage") to have something on the new Scout that had the exact same dims or same design or shape. The rear window for example... Sure it could be made out of new glass and have better molding, or whatever would make it safer, but imagine if the new Scout had an IDENTICAL rear window shape? I don't know. Just a thought.