Navigation and Co-Pilots

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

IdahoJOAT

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Onx supposedly has integration with Jeep's infotainment, but it leaves LOTS to be desired. Polaris has it's RIDE COMMAND system/app.

Either build a system in-house or partner with someone like Alltrails or Google to feature fully integrated offroad navigation, tracking, picture taking, etc. as well as intra-convoy communication.

Likewise, the Grand Wagoneer's passenger screen and interface is intriguing and exciting. Having this able to be a co-pilot function would be fun as hell.

Last edited:
Onx supposedly has integration with Jeep's infotainment, but it leave LOTS to be desired. Polaris has it's RIDE COMMAND system/app.

Either build a system in-house or partner with someone like Alltrails or Google to feature fully integrated offroad navigation, tracking, picture taking, etc. as well as intra-convoy communication.

Likewise, the Grand Wagoneer's passenger screen and interface is intriguing and exciting. Having this able to be a co-pilot function would be fun as hell.

Great ideas and things we've been talking about.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Onx supposedly has integration with Jeep's infotainment, but it leaves LOTS to be desired. Polaris has it's RIDE COMMAND system/app.

I have not seen a new wagoneer yet, not the interior anyway, but that sounds cool.

Ford is making their own version of On-x or Gaia type maps that integrate with the infotainment system and the ford pass app. It was supposed to be done a long ass time ago, but ya know…FORD. It actually sounds really cool. I don’t even remember the different features anymore because it was so long ago that I read about it. I have heard they’re very close now, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
I want Bear Grylls. Samuel L. Jackson. Christopher Judge. or Morgan Freeman.

Reactions: J Alynn
I am very fond if Tesla’s navigation, auto pilot and OTA updates. I do not have the full self driving software on mine. I would like the ability to lane change without it disengaging autopilot.

YES! A removable handheld GPS unit would be really great too. It would allow campers, hunters, hikers etc to stay connected to a satellite without having to purchase another system.

Any integration of Google that can’t be disabled (ie Android Automotive) is a non-starter for me. If you need to use a 3rd party framework, use Apple’s which preserves our privacy.