Items Bronco owners wish they had

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

J Alynn

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 14, 2022
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Saw this tonight on the Bronco6G forum (7/16/23-7:45pm) and thought 11pages of suggestions so far and growing may offer good insight to Jamie and Chris and the team. I only read the first screen worth of comments so hopefully the thread didn’t fall apart.

• Love
Reactions: Harris005
I picked up my Heritage Bronco last Monday and boy I love it so far. Only thing dislike is that I purchased a 4 door (for now). I will say the ride height is comfortable, I love the technology and just wish I was able to have the high package for the front camera trail app. Taking the roof off completely changes my mood!

Attachments

• 20230711_154659.jpg
    20230711_154659.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Several take aways I saw but hadn’t thought about
-Homelink on visor for gates and garage doors
-rear A/C vents
-cooled seat option
-traditional E-break, have to agree Bronco E-brake sucks

Didnt see it but rear heated seat option would be great with fall open air cruising in the northeast

Another thought I had Friday after riding top down in daughter’s Bronco for 3 hours. Some sort of OEM aftermarket or add feature at build for a +/- 12” deep, full width visor to latch in on top of windshield. On the Bronco and noticed on Wranglers too that something about 12” would drastically cut down the sun on the face during late morning driving. Would want it to mount so it’s ‘permanent’ so roof could still open and close

Reactions: Harris005
Saw this tonight on the Bronco6G forum (7/16/23-7:45pm) and thought 11pages of suggestions so far and growing may offer good insight to Jamie and Chris and the team. I only read the first screen worth of comments so hopefully the thread didn’t fall apart.

I am sure some of these things were included in that other forum. My dad is a long-time multi-scout owner, currently owns a 2-door bronco sasquatch. And I have a friend with a 4-door bronco base model, who does not know much about scouts. I have talked with both of them and here is what I have heard.

My Dad's Complaints from the Sasquatch Model:
- Big tires fling up rocks and chip his door paint. Needs front mud flaps or slightly wider fender flares.
- No heating vents in the back seat
- No heat seats in the back seat
- Adding a winch/bumper lowers the front drastically, the soft suspension just sags. He had to lift it after adding that. Maybe make adjustable suspension?
- The soft top is far too loud for a modern vehicle (fit/finish)
- Towing capacity is relatively low (3500 lbs)
- No front camera even for the off-road trim

Friend's Complaint for 4-door base model:
- Grab bars are placed awkwardly (I know this had to do with air bags, but this seems like it could be overcome)
- No lockers on his (He could have upgraded if he had the money, I know, just adding this to reiterate the importance of lockers)
- Base skid plate is plastic, his has already crunched and been punctured in a few spots.
- Windshield is too vertical, he has already had two rock-chip issues after 8 months of ownership

I know this isn't part of your original post, but some things they like are:
Dad's Sasquatch:
- 35's for more ground clearance
- Front and rear lockers
- Metal skid plates
- Auxiliary switches
- Vinyl seats
- Carpet-delete option
- Drain plugs
- Remote-reservoir shocks in the rear
- Bead lock capable wheels

Friend's Base four-door:
- Swing gate (although I like the drop-down tailgate option like the original Scout IIs)
- Drive modes
- One-pedal driving
- "Pivot button" (decreases turn radius)
- Technology (apple car play, android auto, etc.)
- He said it's the perfect combination of modern technology and old-school design (he never had a scout, but he loves the boxy feel of his bronco. And I agree, having owned a 79 and rode with my dad in his countless scouts, the boxy feel and always knowing where your front and rear end are is great)
- Being able to take the top and doors off

Reactions: J Alynn