Factory Upgrades

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

What upgrades do you want on your Scout?

• Customized Grill Insert ($)

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Bucket Seats - upgrade over base bench ($$)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Front Bumper with Winch ($$$)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 35" Tires ($$$)

• Longer Range Battery ($$$$$)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Hard Top/Removable Hard Panels - upgrade over soft top ($$$$)

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Leather Interior ($$$$)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Vinyl Interior ($$$)

• Rear Tire Carrier ($$$)

• Rallye Stripe/Other Stripes ($$$)

• Metal Skid Plates - upgrade over plastic ($)

• Carpet - upgrade over rubberized floors ($$$)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Heated/Cooled Seats ($$$)

• Upgraded Shocks with Remote Dampers ($$$$)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • White Painted Top ($$)

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Heated Steering Wheel ($$)

• Plaid Cloth Seats ($$)

• On-board air compressor ($$$)

• Bead-Lock Wheels ($$$)

• Rear Heated Seats ($$)

• More Cameras (Undercarriage, front, etc) ($$)

• Fender Flare Kit ($$)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Retractable Running Board ($$$)

• Auxiliary Switches ($)

• Interior Lockable Safe ($)

• Just Heated Seats ($$)

• Upgraded Sound System ($$$)

• Paint Protection Coating ($)

• More Unique Paint Option ($)

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Driver Assist Programs (Lane keep, adaptive cruise, etc.) ($$)

• "Blacked Out" Package ($$)

• Chrome Package ($$)

• Towing Package ($$)

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Airbag Suspension (adjustable) ($$$$$)

• Roof Rack ($$)

• Tube Doors ($$$)

• Wood Grain Interior Accents ($$)

• Passenger Screen ($$)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Front/Rear/Bed Area Weathertech Mats ($$)

• "Old School" Steel Wheels ($$)

• Total voters

sambown

1st Year Member
Aug 23, 2023
Deer Park, Washington
Okay I am wondering what people would add to their scout from the factory. Assuming they do not do trim levels and you can just add whatever you want. Obviously I do not know pricing, but I will show pricing ranges as follows:
$ = 0-$500
$$ = $500-$1000
$$$ = $1000-$1500
$$$$ = $1500-$2000
$$$$$ = $2000+

Reactions: ddg520
If stripes are $1500 they’ll never sell those. I also hope the roof is white to start and isn’t a cost upgrade. While there are many colors of Scout roofs I think white is iconic. We’ve had a lot of positive discussion about plaid cloth seats so perhaps you can add those to your list. I’d also suggest splitting heated and cooled seats (I’d want both but many may want one or the other) and adding a heated steering wheel option ($500-ish) is a must for those in the north using it as a daily driver.
I’d also hope the interchangeable grill panels would be a no cost option like offering several rim types at no charge or very minimal.
Just offering some insight based on many of the posts I’ve seen on the forum

Thanks for setting it up

Reactions: ddg520
If stripes are $1500 they’ll never sell those. I also hope the roof is white to start and isn’t a cost upgrade. While there are many colors of Scout roofs I think white is iconic. We’ve had a lot of positive discussion about plaid cloth seats so perhaps you can add those to your list. I’d also suggest splitting heated and cooled seats (I’d want both but many may want one or the other) and adding a heated steering wheel option ($500-ish) is a must for those in the north using it as a daily driver.
I’d also hope the interchangeable grill panels would be a no cost option like offering several rim types at no charge or very minimal.

Thanks for setting it up
Yeah I wanted to do a lot more options, I did not realize there was a limit to how many options you could post. I was going to add everyone's ideas too, so this post wasn't as content-rich as I had hoped. Plaid cloth seats is an awesome idea, same with the heated steering wheel!

Reactions: ddg520 and J Alynn
Yeah I wanted to do a lot more options, I did not realize there was a limit to how many options you could post. I was going to add everyone's ideas too, so this post wasn't as content-rich as I had hoped. Plaid cloth seats is an awesome idea, same with the heated steering wheel!
I increased the number of poll options to 40. See if that helps.

• Love
Reactions: sambown and J Alynn

Thanks for setting it up
Bear in mind that in 1980, the most expensive applique was $199. Adjusted for inflation, that's about $750 in 2023 dollars.

Bear in mind that in 1980, the most expensive applique was $199. Adjusted for inflation, that's about $750 in 2023 dollars.
I can accept it at $750-ish but at $1500 I just can’t imagine paying that when you could get custom graphics of any kind and color for $1500. That said I do hope they offer some cool, modernized graphics that reflect some of the originals

There was a thread earlier on that discussed what people would expect as standard options. There seem to be many items on this list that people felt should be cost-free options (heated accessories, roof racks, tow options, etc.). If memory serves, there were a lot of people that were fairly vehement in their position that Scout shouldn't attempt to nickel and dime their customer base as they look to enter the market. It was sort of another way to differentiate themselves. Perhaps we could think about cross-referencing that list so that we are drawing a distinction?
I am noticing, as more people join the forum, that topics seem to be getting recycled with slightly different perspectives. I am not really sure what the best approach should/would be. @Jamie@ScoutMotors is there a way we can try to streamline the organization of some of this stuff?

There was a thread earlier on that discussed what people would expect as standard options. There seem to be many items on this list that people felt should be cost-free options (heated accessories, roof racks, tow options, etc.). If memory serves, there were a lot of people that were fairly vehement in their position that Scout shouldn't attempt to nickel and dime their customer base as they look to enter the market. It was sort of another way to differentiate themselves. Perhaps we could think about cross-referencing that list so that we are drawing a distinction?
I am noticing, as more people join the forum, that topics seem to be getting recycled with slightly different perspectives. I am not really sure what the best approach should/would be. @Jamie@ScoutMotors is there a way we can try to streamline the organization of some of this stuff?
Couldn’t agree more. My wife is on several forums and their first heading is “Use the search feature before you post”. If people join and start posting without searching similar threads first the administrator removes them from the forum. Harsh-but effective

Reactions: lefty
Couldn’t agree more. My wife is on several forums and their first heading is “Use the search feature before you post”. If people join and start posting without searching similar threads first the administrator removes them from the forum. Harsh-but effective
It’s not harsh. It’s a natural progression. No one needs to be a jerk. But, when a new member signs up and is let in they need to know to search, read and learn to get caught up.

Reactions: lefty and J Alynn
If heated accessories, tow package, and roof racks are free then that gets me excited. Nonetheless I think this post is effective in perhaps finding what options could be standard. As you said, a towing package may be offered as standard per your previous conversations, and it already has 7/9 votes. Seems like that would be a good standard option. While maybe offering a screen for the passenger should not be a standard option, as only 2/9 people would want that at the same price point as the towing option. I will be sure to do more research prior to my next thread, but I think this post still serves as effective, if not, it is still interesting.

Reactions: LastDayScout

I've managed a few very large forums in the past and it is inevitable that you will get some of the same topics from new people over and over. Even with the search function and setting up FAQ's down the road. We always still try to be welcoming to anyone new and realize that they are excited and often just post right away without digging through every little comment buried in various topics. It happens, but that's ok.

I've managed a few very large forums in the past and it is inevitable that you will get some of the same topics from new people over and over. Even with the search function and setting up FAQ's down the road. We always still try to be welcoming to anyone new and realize that they are excited and often just post right away without digging through every little comment buried in various topics. It happens, but that's ok.
Well said. This is absolutely an open and inviting community.

I might vote, but my main interest is if the aftermarket companies that I like produce products that will work with the vehicle. I like picking my flavor of rim, or my flavor of aftermarket bumper, and my flavor of roof rack (although I hope they design the roof in such a way that I don't have to go to a custom fab shop - but roof racks do mean that much to me). I like my weathertec mats, but others might prefer a different brand. For OEM, I would apprecate if they offer the ones that are more difficult to source or install aftermarket. Take the various driver assist options that are becoming more and more common - they are more difficult to add aftermarket (some people will pay for high tech driver assist - others simply DO NOT WANT it). V2L or V2H is also something that the owner will probably not be adding aftermarket (likewise, I assume it is not something everyone will want to pay for - but some will). While possible for buyers to do it - sound damping might be realistically put on this list - some people will want a removable interior (or weather proof one), others may appreciate quiet. While not intentionally a feature (just a byproduct of the method of manufacture), I really appreaciate the thermal and sound insulation in my aftermarket hard top.

Given people will want to add 12v accessories - perhaps the option for a larger DC to DC inverter/converter so the winch will not immediately drain the 12v aux battery. So far, I kind of like my SwitchPro - something like that for aux power might be nice as well (but that is not that hard to add after market).

V2H is high on my wish list. A battery big enough to move a 4x4 hundreds of miles could run a lot of essentials for a long time in an emergency.