Bring back the Travelall name too!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

solracer

1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
I highly suggest that you consider reviving the Travelall name in connection with the 4-door or a deluxe and/or extended version. My father had 1968 and 1973 Travelalls and I think the name not only still has value it's probably more recognizable to the general public than Scout is as Travelalls sold at much higher numbers than Scouts did back in the day. Besides the name itself implies the ability to travel anywhere with anything which I think is exactly the sort of image you are looking to project.

I didn’t find this question in another thread. But, forgive me if I missed it. Do we know what the Scout will be called? I guess the obvious is Scout III.

I'd guess we'll have the Scout III for the 100", Traveler for the 2 door 118". Scout Travelall for the 4 door 118", and Scout Terra for the 118" pickup.

I'd guess we'll have the Scout III for the 100", Traveler for the 2 door 118". Scout Travelall for the 4 door 118", and Scout Terra for the 118" pickup.
Do you really think there will be a 2 door? Otherwise I think your trim/models make historical sense. Personally, I hope they do not go with the sloping roof and tailgate design of the old Traveler. I am not a fan. On the other hand I love the roof line and tailgate of the Scout II.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Do you really think there will be a 2 door? Otherwise I think your trim/models make historical sense. Personally, I hope they do not go with the sloping roof and tailgate design of the old Traveler. I am not a fan. On the other hand I love the roof line and tailgate of the Scout II.
I do. Not that I'd have one, as the 4 doors just make too much sense, but the market still has a want for them.

This has been discussed quite a bit internally. Some decisions may or may not have been made so far. :cool:

Good ideas.
I hope we’re talking Jeep Grand Cherokee (Scout III) vs. Grand Cherokee L (Travelall) size and not Tahoe vs Suburban size. Those are just too big nowadays. I know some people “need” them, but they’re way to big for my needs.

There's such opportunity for an entire range of vehicles in different class/size ranges for Scout to choose from...

A small 2 door utilitarian 80, with a more powerful, kitted out 800, with a pickup option
A slightly larger Scout II 2&4 door with a pickup option (6 ft bed, like the Terra), 3 row Traveler option
A dedicated larger Terra Pickup
A Large Grande Deluxe 3 Row Travelall based on the same chassis as the Terra.

There's so much to play with here... I'm glad Scout invited us to play in the Sandbox with them.

I hope we’re talking Jeep Grand Cherokee (Scout III) vs. Grand Cherokee L (Travelall) size and not Tahoe vs Suburban size. Those are just too big nowadays. I know some people “need” them, but they’re way to big for my needs.

There's such opportunity for an entire range of vehicles in different class/size ranges for Scout to choose from...

A small 2 door utilitarian 80, with a more powerful, kitted out 800, with a pickup option
A slightly larger Scout II 2&4 door with a pickup option (6 ft bed, like the Terra), 3 row Traveler option
A dedicated larger Terra Pickup
A Large Grande Deluxe 3 Row Travelall based on the same chassis as the Terra.

There's so much to play with here... I'm glad Scout invited us to play in the Sandbox with them.
Lol right?!

This is so fun to be a part of this 21st century Scout reinvigoration.

The old guys are missing out.

Lol right?!

This is so fun to be a part of this 21st century Scout reinvigoration.

The old guys are missing out.
My Dad would be beside himself at what's happening in the auto world right now... quirky, colorful cars were his passion. Sadly he passed in 94 & hasn't seen what's been possible these past 25 years. I bought my 800 with him in mind, and used every trick he taught me restomodding it. His Brother-In-Law, my Uncle, worked in auto sales, finance, and finally management for 45 years has finally retired & calls me anytime something comes out about the new company... he started selling Scouts alongside AMC in the 70's and knows more about the inner workings of the Car Industry like nobody I've met. He bought a Maverick and Bronco Sport when he retired for he and his wife. He's related so many horror stories about owning a BEV in cold climates, their customers at JLR barely lasted a winter before returning them... but if Scout pulls off cold-weather capability, he says it might be his first electric at near 70 years old.