Wifes Car 😕

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Harris005

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Oak Grove, MO.
Show of hands (aka like button), who here has the issue of owning a 2026 Scout means it would be the wife's primary vehicle 😒 My struggle will be the fact I won't want any of her input when buying, but it will be her daily driver so she's bound to make different choices than I.

🥊🥊 will come out 🤣🤣

Show of hands (aka like button), who here has the issue of owning a 2026 Scout means it would be the wife's primary vehicle 😒 My struggle will be the fact I won't want any of her input when buying, but it will be her daily driver so she's bound to make different choices than I.

🥊🥊 will come out 🤣🤣
I did ask her as we were driving down the road yesterday "from your perspective, what would be something you would like to see as an option?" She replied with " during the cold months the climate control always keeps my body warm, but the cold floors always makes her feet cold. Floor vents dont seem to overcome that [maybe at least on auto??]. Maybe better insulated floors would be nice"

A different perspective anyway. Might ask your wives out there to see if there is anything worth posting. Might get them excited to know they brought something to the table.

Out of curiosity, do we have any female members in this forum? If not, we should. Hold your comments here…. But my wife hated riding in my original Scout for all the above reasons plus ride, ease of entry, noise (mine was diesel) etc. I certainly hope all of that will not be a concern.

Reactions: Harris005
I’m fortunate that my wife has an Acura MDX. She has a great job (in banking-so she handles our finances) so she got it loaded-even the upgraded black rims and running boards so it looks pretty great.
She’s happy our daughter loves her new Bronco but I don’t think it does much for my wife. She’s told me ‘26 is good timing for a third vehicle/fun vehicle so I don’t think she’ll have much to input since it’s a “rugged” vehicle and not her thing. She’s more excited because I’m excited about Scout.
My daughters input would be as follows:
-Having more add-on luxury items as item by item choices. She struggled on packages because of her budget and gave up a few items because the package price was high.
-auto seats with MEMORY
-she shoots archery with recurve bow and opening swing gate is tough loading bow with soft top. She wishes there was an easier way to flip open the rear portion of the soft top. If they go tailgate and hatch that makes it MUCH easier but not sure of solution if soft top is offered.
-better interior lighting at rear loading area with a soft top. She suggested a strip of LEDs on rear roll bar

🥊🥊 will come out 🤣🤣
Oh totally. The Jeep(Tuscadero) is the Household Commanders.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-22 091146.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 091146.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 13
Had to chuckle at her dash....it looks like my daughters with all the ducks.
Dude, makes her giggle everytime. And the 3 year old daughter loves to come home and show it off.

And this is what vehicles should be.

Of course we could have a plain-jane Accord... but what fun would that be?

🥊🥊 will come out 🤣🤣

Hit the nail on the head @Harris005,

When available I'll be putting my name on the Scout list and then most likely passing the keys over to my wife after an initial spin. By '26 timing should be about right that we have a small family started and her tiguan will have burned it's last quart of oil.

It can be challenging to balance personal preferences with practicality, especially when it comes to a daily driver.

One approach could be to involve your wife in the decision-making process, but also make sure that your own preferences are taken into account. You can try to find a middle ground where both of you are satisfied with the choice of vehicle.

Alternatively, you could consider getting a separate vehicle for yourself that aligns with your personal preferences, and your wife can continue to use the Scout as her daily driver.

Ultimately, the decision is up to you and your wife, but it's important to communicate openly and find a solution that works for both of you.

Another helpful approach would be to involve a trusted mechanic in the decision-making process. A mechanic can provide valuable insights on the reliability, performance, and maintenance costs of different vehicle options. They can also help you identify any potential issues or concerns with a particular make or model.

My wife absolutely loves riding in my ‘79 Scout II. But only with the top off:). There’s just a pure joy about it, and she gets it. And it’s our go to for nearly all outings within 30miles of home from April-November so long as its not raining. She doesn’t want an old scout for herself, but oddly enough she thinks the Bronco Sport is appealing as her daily driver if she needed a new car (which she doesnt at the moment, but maybe by 2026!)

One of the ways to get to celebrate a 59th wedding anniversary is by sharing interests and sharing decision making. My wife had a Scout 80 as her daily driver for most of 12 years before we mothballed it to wait for rejuvenation and restoration (it's out and running again). We still have four Scouts and she will occasionally drive one, but we both favour our RAV4 which is parked at the door. In our rural mountainside location in the Northeast real AWD is a necessity in winter, plus often in summer when a vehicle helps with yard and maintenance tasks. We are both pretty practical; growing up during WWII with depression era parents leaves a mark on you. We learned to drive when three on the tree (or floor) was the only option; so neither of us needs most of the comfort and nanny-state advances. No we are not Neanderthals, we do appreciate many of the advances, especially the lower emission engines, and arthritis makes heated steering wheels understandable. We still know how to make a key work in a lock -- so keep it simple; and please make the rear view mirror mount skinny enough to hang our handicapped placard easily. The mountain trails we would go on 40-50 years ago are now either paved or off-limits; but the ones we go on today are more suited to our capabilities. So I have little doubt that when the SM Scout comes along it will replace the RAV4 as both daily driver and our exploration and wild-life observation platform. Having just sold one Scout, we now have a place for the SM Scout in the barn.