What kind of tech do you expect enabled in the car or interface?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
-Apple/android/google assist
-Great stereo-I’m spoiled with Acura’s audio surround sound but guessing an off-road vehicle doesn’t warrant quite that expense
-maybe one speaker is Bluetooth enabled and removable for outdoor activities
-best Bluetooth connectivity that works with all phones
-homelink would be great
-with people working from home and mobile if there is a way to have a park mode only Bluetooth connect to use FaceTime and other video conference apps through the main tech screen that might appeal to people. I know a handful of people that would use that often. Can still use a phone but having the larger screen would be great
-as personalization goes, my Acura has the preset color combo LED interior accent lighting. As I noted prior, if done tastefully and minimally I do find it to be a nice touch at night.
-configurable electronic gauge cluster as an upgrade option would be great but definitely need graphics to have vintage look-not super modern
-multiple “key/access” options-plenty offered in the one thread
-I have personally really grown to like the head up display in my wife’s Acura MDX
-I’m guessing ground cameras will be option or included. My daughter’s Bronco has a button in upper left corner of radio buttons (I note location because we can reach and feel without taking eyes off driving) that is the front facing ground camera. As we are both still getting used to higher stature this camera really helps when parking and is quick to find. My wife’s MDX has button on end of right side steering wheel stalk and you push it to cycle through camera views. This is great too.
-power seats with 3 person memory. Link each of them to user “keys”
-don’t know if power rear hatch lid is tech but would like it. Power tailgate would be great too but not critical-maybe upgrade feature
-since Audi has mastered it, the matrix style tail lights with blinking pattern would be cool so long as tasteful and works with light cluster shape/design
-cooling/cooler option in frunk-kinda tech/kinda gray area

That’s my list for now. I’m sure I’ll think of some more ideas later

Really good voice control. This could prove great in a variety of situations from everyday to off-road.

CarPlay

A tuned speaker set up you can hear with the top down

Some configurable preset modes. BMW iX has this. Something off-road mode raises the suspension, engages off-road drivetrain settings, enables off-road related data on the screens etc. Then an efficiency mode to maximize range. A tow mode with a see through the trailer view like GM has.

A version that has none of this stuff except the absolute minimum requirements for those that just want it bare bones. But, have it so functions can be added later to suit the owners or subsequent owner’s needs. That will also open up the world of Scout to the aftermarket.

I think @J Alynn really did a great job with their list our list has a few similarities...here is mine in my order of importance.

- Apple/android car play

- Multiple cameras that are both good for driving awareness/parking as well as acting as improved for off-roading. (each have different view requirements)

- Sentry mode / gear guard (or whatever the name becomes) that will save a recording of things that happen to the vehicle when it is locked.

- Multiple driver profiles that save all settings (Seat position, side mirror position, Steering wheel position, driving mode preference)

- Over the air updates....or at a minimum wifi enabled updates. I don't want to have to drive into a dealer just so they can plug in a USB into the car.

- 2 wireless phone chargers

- Phone as a Key / good app with proximity lock/unlock

- progressive turning indicators - I cannot recall the technical term but turn signals that have a pattern that isn't just all on then all off...they are all over in Europe and the US only made it legal a few years ago.

- A good voice control - I know voice controls are something that are not easy to engineer in house, might i suggest out-sourcing it and working some kind of deal with google or amazon...the ones who really have it figured out. Rivian has alexa in their vehicles, but at the same time they have a long standing partnership since rivian is making Amazon's electric delivery vans.

- If the vehicle has a 5g connection allow it to be added to a mobile carrier's data plan so i can have a personal hot spot. It is very helpful for long car rides so the kids can use their devices.

I know this is a bit beyond the scope of this question but i wanted to add one more sections to this because the term "expect" means that it absolutely should be included. But there are a few that i don't expect and I would be surprised if they were included.

Things I do NOT expect:
- Autonomous driving capabilities.
- HUD
- touch screen operated HVAC vents

I think @J Alynn really did a great job with their list our list has a few similarities...here is mine in my order of importance.

- Apple/android car play

- Multiple cameras that are both good for driving awareness/parking as well as acting as improved for off-roading. (each have different view requirements)

- Sentry mode / gear guard (or whatever the name becomes) that will save a recording of things that happen to the vehicle when it is locked.

- Multiple driver profiles that save all settings (Seat position, side mirror position, Steering wheel position, driving mode preference)

- Over the air updates....or at a minimum wifi enabled updates. I don't want to have to drive into a dealer just so they can plug in a USB into the car.

- progressive turning indicators - I cannot recall the technical term but turn signals that have a pattern that isn't just all on then all off...they are all over in Europe and the US only made it legal a few years ago.

- A good voice control - I know voice controls are something that are not easy to engineer in house, might i suggest out-sourcing it and working some kind of deal with google or amazon...the ones who really have it figured out. Rivian has alexa in their vehicles, but at the same time they have a long standing partnership since rivian is making Amazon's electric delivery vans.

- If the vehicle has a 5g connection allow it to be added to a mobile carrier's data plan so i can have a personal hot spot. It is very helpful for long car rides so the kids can use their devices.

I know this is a bit beyond the scope of this question but i wanted to add one more sections to this because the term "expect" means that it absolutely should be included. But there are a few that i don't expect and I would be surprised if they were included.

Things I do NOT expect:
- HUD
I think your list and couple others on here now covered some of my additional thoughts. Thinking maybe one or two additional chargers for rear seat passengers. Seems anyone over the age of 5 has a cell phone these days. 😀

in no particular order:
  • heated steering wheel
  • heated seats (front and rear)
  • Phone OS integration (andriod, IOS)
  • heated mirrors
  • sirius, spotify, pandora, etc.
  • IF screen real estate is large enough or there are screens behind the seats then app integration for youtube, netflix, etc.
  • ability to replay/rewind songs that come through the radio, sirius, etc.
  • navigation
  • several wireless charging pads
  • 5G capabilities with like an "onstar" type option
  • mobile phone to double as key (WITHOUT A PAY-FOR SUBSCRIPTION)
  • remote start
  • proximity lock/unlock with phone or key fob
  • voice control
  • cameras, cameras, cameras
  • figure out a way to incorporate a backup camera, with parking distance control, that will work even if you have bike rack attached to your hitch
  • parking distance control
  • lane departure control (with ability to switch off)
  • sport mode
  • audible "exhaust" (Dodge's sound horrible by the way. Not sure whether it should/would be a sound file or actual air)
  • over-air updates
  • dynamic stability control
  • configurable suspension (up/down/stiff/comfort)
  • rain sensing wipers
  • heated wiper fluid glands on hood
  • dynamic headlights (LED)
  • ability to control axle motors independently. assuming there is a motor at each wheel, the ability to put in an "eco-type" mode and only run the rear two
  • adaptive cruise control
  • collision avoidance
  • clock settings tied to GPS to automatically recognize day light savings

As Rustic_Father mentioned, I want buttons/switches to control certain things like temperature, sound volume, cruise control, etc.

Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
Heated windshield (the one in my egolf is amazing)
Android Auto built in like in Polestar
VW IQ.drive at a minimum
parking assistant
rear passenger hvac vents in the B pillars

in no particular order:
  • heated steering wheel
  • heated seats (front and rear)
  • Phone OS integration (andriod, IOS)
  • heated mirrors
  • sirius, spotify, pandora, etc.
  • IF screen real estate is large enough or there are screens behind the seats then app integration for youtube, netflix, etc.
  • ability to replay/rewind songs that come through the radio, sirius, etc.
  • navigation
  • several wireless charging pads
  • 5G capabilities with like an "onstar" type option
  • mobile phone to double as key (WITHOUT A PAY-FOR SUBSCRIPTION)
  • remote start
  • proximity lock/unlock with phone or key fob
  • voice control
  • cameras, cameras, cameras
  • figure out a way to incorporate a backup camera, with parking distance control, that will work even if you have bike rack attached to your hitch
  • parking distance control
  • lane departure control (with ability to switch off)
  • sport mode
  • audible "exhaust" (Dodge's sound horrible by the way. Not sure whether it should/would be a sound file or actual air)
  • over-air updates
  • dynamic stability control
  • configurable suspension (up/down/stiff/comfort)
  • rain sensing wipers
  • heated wiper fluid glands on hood
  • dynamic headlights (LED)
  • ability to control axle motors independently. assuming there is a motor at each wheel, the ability to put in an "eco-type" mode and only run the rear two
  • adaptive cruise control
  • collision avoidance
  • clock settings tied to GPS to automatically recognize day light savings

As Rustic_Father mentioned, I want buttons/switches to control certain things like temperature, sound volume, cruise control, etc.
Glad you mentioned OTA updates. Super important!

Reactions: ddg520
Honestly, I don’t need a lot of tech. In a normal vehicle, power locks are nice and power windows are pushing it. One thing I would like is the space and connections ( Anderson Powerpoles ) to mount a ham radio, and the ability to route a mag mounted antenna cable.

One of the reasons I bought my 79 scout 2 was to 4wheel up to places some of our other hams couldn’t get to for race support for cross country / endurance type runs.

Reactions: prattm1964
  • Wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play
    • Each family members phone is displayed on the Scouts home screen.
      • Only one of the displayed phone icons can be selected (highlighted for easy visual) to be used as the media source, which defaults to the same phone from the previous outing. This is an attempt to avoid (for example) one of the kids hoping in the Scout and it switching to the crappy music they listen too 😆. In our current vehicle this happens every time they plug in their USB to charge their phones....very frustrating!!
    • Each family members phone can be set to accept/not accept phone calls / accept text to show on touch screen as well as play through speakers. Once set it defaults to the last settings made for each phone each time entering the vehicle.
    • Have not been around wireless Android Auto or Apple Car Play to know, but can it be made to automatically come on when starting the vehicle rather than having to click on it on the touchscreen? Would be nice to get in and go, rather than have to set it all up first.
    • Navigation is through Android Auto or Apple Car Play
      • Been disappointed with most of the manufactures own take on navigation. Prefer Google Maps.
      • Do question Google Maps ability to route based on charging stations/Scout battery needs. Would hope they are nearing something similar to the software that @Rustic_father pointed us to - https://abetterrouteplanner.com/
  • Multiple wireless chargers. https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/multiple-wireless-phone-chargers.54/
    • Two up front for driver and passenger (likely concealed to aid in a hands free driving experience), and two in the back.
    • Back seat ones could be purchased through the Scout Store and attached to the head rest, allowing kids in the back to watch streaming services while wirelessly charging their phones.
      • Wiring to be ran up the seat to a female port on the plastic adjustment buttons for each head rest.
      • When/If a wireless charger is purchased for a back seat passenger; it simply secures to the vertical bars of the headrest and plugs into the female port for the needed power.
    • Available power to each charger even when car is parked and turned off.
  • Doing away with the need to carry key fobs
    • Favorite is creating wrist bands for smart watches that unlock and start the Scout when in proximity. Found out later that Rivan does something similar with just a standalone wrist band. I see where they were going with this (day at the beach), but this wouldn't be for me. I don't want to wear a wrist band all the time; however, i do wear a smart watch all the time.
    • Same idea could be used within cell phone covers that Scout creates; however, the obstacle of so many different phone types out there comes into play
    • The phone itself being the key. I do caution this one a bit. We installed a door knob on our front door of our house with this technology. Our family was more frustrated with it not working a few times than the multiple times it did work. We eventually got rid of it. The idea was great; however, the tech just wasn't quite there yet. Also a dead battery on your phone could cause trouble with getting home. The hardware on your wristband seems more reliable.
    • Rivian's key card is also a cool option. Being able to throw that card in my wallet helps to minimize having to carry a key fob around.
    • All of the above options are answers to proximity access/starting of the Scout. The app should be the means of doing these things at a distance.
  • Memory seats/mirrors/stereo settings/climate/etc.
    • Best if recognized by any of the above fob ideas. The Scout identifies who is approaching/unlocking the driver door and automatically adjust all settings to that driver.
    • Second best options would be programable buttons for each driver on the driver’s door.
  • Love @IdahoJOAT suggestion of creating something similar to Polaris' Ride Command. https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/app-touchscreen-interaction-and-ideas.131/post-1943
    • Created within the Scout app. Must be able to operate through Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
      • Others on the trail ride that are not Scout owners could still download Scout app an use the function in their 'not as cool' vehicles
    • Would want to see integrating communication within the group via the push to talk button on the steering wheel. Also mentioned a CB mic plug-n-play accessory in a previous post that could mesh well with this https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/app-touchscreen-interaction-and-ideas.131/post-1568
    • The mentioned antenna in the above video link would be important. A lot of trails would not support anything based on just cell coverage.
    • Customizable Icons for each driver in the group.
    • Love OnX Trail apps overview layout - similar look would be killer!
    • Incorporating trail range options with remaining battery would be icing on the cake. https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/dealerships-are-dying.110/post-1704
  • Cameras
    • Backup camera a must
    • Optional cameras elsewhere
  • Do like the adaptive cruise control on my wife's car.
  • Horn honks when tire has reached desired psi
  • Feel weird putting this one down, but some have suggested to do away with them....power windows, power locks, power seats. I get the idea of wanting a plain, basic Scout; however, a few of these power options are a must for most people. Always hated someone walking up to the passenger side and having to awkwardly reach over and crank on that window....pushing a button is way better!
  • Option to have 120v plugs in frunk, dash, and tailgate.
  • Towing Package
    • When in towing mode, driver gets asked to identify what is being towed. "Family Boat", or "Family Camper" for example (possibly pictures are uploaded for icons of each). As any one of these are selected the decrease in range is logged for each trip. That percentage that is typically lost is subtracted from the Scouts overall range, helping to give a more accurate range. The more a particular items is towed, the more accurate that range becomes over time.
    • Do believe a couple charging ports (front and rear) make sense to help with the access issues at rapid chargers when pulling a trailer.
    • Some other potential ideas - https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/trailer-towing-discussion.144/
  • Agree with the heated options already mentioned. Possibly creating a 'Winter Package' when purchasing??
intermission.png
Get up, stretch, use the restroom, refill your beer....... Part 2 to follow.

View attachment 793
Get up, stretch, use the restroom, refill your beer....... Part 2 to follow.
Part 2....
  • The Scout App itself:
    • Want app payment to be built into the Scout purchase. Not stuck with another 20 dollar/month subscription. If this can't be avoided at least make it $1.99/month. We love the features my wife’s Nissan app has, but unfortunately choose not to spend the extra 20 bucks each month for yet another monthly subscription fee. I honestly bet Nissan would make more money by lowering the price.
    • Remote start
    • Ability to see and adjust climate control items such as: rear window defrost, windshield defrost temp, heated seats, heated mirrors, heated lights, heated steering wheel, etc.
    • Family members each have the app (again, can’t be a monthly subscription for each)
      • Able to configure personal settings and are automatically set when driving
      • Parents are able to turn off/on functions for kids. Might even say teenage driving mode can be activated and sends parents notifications of excessive braking, accelerating, speeding.
    • Ability to send a "key" to anyone. If a friend wants to borrow the Scout, you don't have to hand over your smart watch wrist band. Their phone starts the Scout. No reason they couldn't save their driver settings as well for next time.
    • Ability to operate the winch from outside the vehicle
    • Access to Scout Store
      • Preferred Vendors, Aftermarket, Original Scout Parts Suppliers - create an all in one place to shop for anything relating to Scout. Think Amazon, with your credit card and delivery information already loaded.....just have to click the "Buy Now", or "Add to Cart"
        • A classifieds ad section within the Scout Community forum would be pretty nice too! A place to post Scout parts you may have that could be added to your cart as well.
      • Each Scout owner has each Scout they own preloaded and linked to each purchase, creating a log of items purchased for that particular Scout
    • When the "Check Engine" light comes on the App directs you to the part that needs ordered
    • Any troubles that arise with the Scout itself are not pushed out as codes, but rather sent to the app, and as a push notification, with a description of what needs addressed. No more needing to go to Advance Auto to have them plug in and tell us what a code means. Seems silly with today’s technology!
    • The Scout Community website forum should be a link within 😉. .....with the addition of push notifications being able to be turned on.
    • Could see the above mentioned idea similar to the Polaris Ride Command being able to work on the phone app alone as well. Example being if someone stayed back at camp while others were out on the trails, that person back at camp can still see and hear the same things. Potentially being out of cell phone coverage, a possible base camp unit might need to be a thing.
    • Ability to schedule when the Scout automatically starts warming up in the morning and after work
    • Scheduled maintenance type items are pushed through the app notifications. Possible Schedule Maintenance button with preloaded (and or close by) Scout Authorized maintenance shops, making it easier to stay on top of maintenance type items.
    • I would like the ability to plan out road trips from the phone app and or computer - to include rapid charger stops. As mentioned above, I prefer Google Maps, so I'm not really sure what the best solution here is. However, I see sitting at a hotel bar planning out tomorrows travels, to include rapid chargers, as a useful tool.
    • Dash customization via the app
  • Mentioned in a previous post that the Scout is identifiable when charging
    • https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/dealerships-are-dying.110/post-1613
    • https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/dealerships-are-dying.110/post-1665
    • Thinking more on this could the Scout Identification be used for other third parties? I currently have a KTag and a Car Wash sticker on my windshield that allows me to pass. Is there a way to use this kind of technology, with the Scouts identification being linked to each third party. This would eliminate all those dang stickers on the windshield. Each of the accounts associated with each place is linked in the Scout App, and each of them are tied to the preferred form of payment for each (some might be work, some might be personal). More places might adapt to this form of easy pay/access like parking garages, tailgate parking, service centers, heck maybe even Amber Alerts helping to zero in a vehicle.
  • Locating outside temp in a location other than touch screen to keep it from getting covered up while using Apple Car Play
  • @Rustic_father mentioned "if vehicle has a 5g connection". I was thinking of something similar a while back. Can a simcard slot be added for this function? My thought at the time was we add devices like iPads on our current cell provider for like an additional $10 bucks. If so, I do agree with @Rustic_father to add this feature. The sim slot is there if someone so chooses to activate that feature.
  • A few have mentioned a good stereo system. I would like to see this as well. I would love to see a partnership with JL Audio. They have amazing speakers, and are the go to for the boating world. A waterproof speaker could be a match with a soft top Scout. I've seen Bose and Polk, but don't know that I have seen JL Audio partner up with an auto manufacture.
  • One little detail that is easy to overlook, but I do like in our vehicles is a micro, very low lumens, light in the overhead. You don't even notice it, but while driving at night it puts a soft glow on the interior to be able to see things. This might be a little more complicated with a removable roof, but could potentially go in an overhead compartment between sun visors that houses dome lights and HomeLink buttons as well??
  • Liked @J Alynn take on a removable Bluetooth speaker option. That could be fun at the campsite, trails, or tailgating!
  • Agree with HomeLink buttons to avoid cluttering visor with garage door opener.
  • Agree with park mode, allowing touchscreen to become a source of entertainment to pass the time while charging
  • A given, but ride comfort as well as safety feature found in modern vehicles - although please do what you are allowed to do with regards to the dang seat belt chime. Some manufactures are still able to limit this, and others make it super annoying. I don't mind getting a gentle reminder, but after a couple chimes it shouldn't need to continue.
  • Agree with @ERK5000 with rear passenger HVAC comfort and control. Would add heated seats and possibly an easy mute back seat speakers button, allowing them to tune into whatever they may be listening too.
  • I've mentioned it a handful of times now, but some thought put into a wiring harness that allows the Scout owner to add accessories at a later date would be nice. However, past post pushed an idea of female connectors left in the area of a future installed accessory, which can limit possible future aftermarket ideas/accessories. Could the engineers look at this differently and create an easily accessible wire harness that is run throughout the Scout that consist of power, ground and a communications wire. Each accessory is designed to tap into all three wires, and is outfitted with a small circuit board that identifies what that accessory is and what it is asking to do. With each purchase of an accessory it requires an update of the software, which then has the Scout knowing what was installed and what function is required out of that accessory when it is used. Don't know if any of that made sense.....just trying to think outside the box to keep the Scout simple, but easily upgradeable and customizable.
Agree with @LastDayScout in that all of the add-ons should be just that. Let the Scout enthusiast be able to get into a plain jane Scout if that is all they want.

Part 2....
  • The Scout App itself:
    • Want app payment to be built into the Scout purchase. Not stuck with another 20 dollar/month subscription. If this can't be avoided at least make it $1.99/month. We love the features my wife’s Nissan app has, but unfortunately choose not to spend the extra 20 bucks each month for yet another monthly subscription fee. I honestly bet Nissan would make more money by lowering the price.
    • Remote start
    • Ability to see and adjust climate control items such as: rear window defrost, windshield defrost temp, heated seats, heated mirrors, heated lights, heated steering wheel, etc.
    • Family members each have the app (again, can’t be a monthly subscription for each)
      • Able to configure personal settings and are automatically set when driving
      • Parents are able to turn off/on functions for kids. Might even say teenage driving mode can be activated and sends parents notifications of excessive braking, accelerating, speeding.
    • Ability to send a "key" to anyone. If a friend wants to borrow the Scout, you don't have to hand over your smart watch wrist band. Their phone starts the Scout. No reason they couldn't save their driver settings as well for next time.
    • Ability to operate the winch from outside the vehicle
    • Access to Scout Store
      • Preferred Vendors, Aftermarket, Original Scout Parts Suppliers - create an all in one place to shop for anything relating to Scout. Think Amazon, with your credit card and delivery information already loaded.....just have to click the "Buy Now", or "Add to Cart"
        • A classifieds ad section within the Scout Community forum would be pretty nice too! A place to post Scout parts you may have that could be added to your cart as well.
      • Each Scout owner has each Scout they own preloaded and linked to each purchase, creating a log of items purchased for that particular Scout
    • When the "Check Engine" light comes on the App directs you to the part that needs ordered
    • Any troubles that arise with the Scout itself are not pushed out as codes, but rather sent to the app, and as a push notification, with a description of what needs addressed. No more needing to go to Advance Auto to have them plug in and tell us what a code means. Seems silly with today’s technology!
    • The Scout Community website forum should be a link within 😉. .....with the addition of push notifications being able to be turned on.
    • Could see the above mentioned idea similar to the Polaris Ride Command being able to work on the phone app alone as well. Example being if someone stayed back at camp while others were out on the trails, that person back at camp can still see and hear the same things. Potentially being out of cell phone coverage, a possible base camp unit might need to be a thing.
    • Ability to schedule when the Scout automatically starts warming up in the morning and after work
    • Scheduled maintenance type items are pushed through the app notifications. Possible Schedule Maintenance button with preloaded (and or close by) Scout Authorized maintenance shops, making it easier to stay on top of maintenance type items.
    • I would like the ability to plan out road trips from the phone app and or computer - to include rapid charger stops. As mentioned above, I prefer Google Maps, so I'm not really sure what the best solution here is. However, I see sitting at a hotel bar planning out tomorrows travels, to include rapid chargers, as a useful tool.
    • Dash customization via the app
  • Mentioned in a previous post that the Scout is identifiable when charging
    • https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/dealerships-are-dying.110/post-1613
    • https://scoutmotors.community.forum/threads/dealerships-are-dying.110/post-1665
    • Thinking more on this could the Scout Identification be used for other third parties? I currently have a KTag and a Car Wash sticker on my windshield that allows me to pass. Is there a way to use this kind of technology, with the Scouts identification being linked to each third party. This would eliminate all those dang stickers on the windshield. Each of the accounts associated with each place is linked in the Scout App, and each of them are tied to the preferred form of payment for each (some might be work, some might be personal). More places might adapt to this form of easy pay/access like parking garages, tailgate parking, service centers, heck maybe even Amber Alerts helping to zero in a vehicle.
  • Locating outside temp in a location other than touch screen to keep it from getting covered up while using Apple Car Play
  • @Rustic_father mentioned "if vehicle has a 5g connection". I was thinking of something similar a while back. Can a simcard slot be added for this function? My thought at the time was we add devices like iPads on our current cell provider for like an additional $10 bucks. If so, I do agree with @Rustic_father to add this feature. The sim slot is there if someone so chooses to activate that feature.
  • A few have mentioned a good stereo system. I would like to see this as well. I would love to see a partnership with JL Audio. They have amazing speakers, and are the go to for the boating world. A waterproof speaker could be a match with a soft top Scout. I've seen Bose and Polk, but don't know that I have seen JL Audio partner up with an auto manufacture.
  • One little detail that is easy to overlook, but I do like in our vehicles is a micro, very low lumens, light in the overhead. You don't even notice it, but while driving at night it puts a soft glow on the interior to be able to see things. This might be a little more complicated with a removable roof, but could potentially go in an overhead compartment between sun visors that houses dome lights and HomeLink buttons as well??
  • Liked @J Alynn take on a removable Bluetooth speaker option. That could be fun at the campsite, trails, or tailgating!
  • Agree with HomeLink buttons to avoid cluttering visor with garage door opener.
  • Agree with park mode, allowing touchscreen to become a source of entertainment to pass the time while charging
  • A given, but ride comfort as well as safety feature found in modern vehicles - although please do what you are allowed to do with regards to the dang seat belt chime. Some manufactures are still able to limit this, and others make it super annoying. I don't mind getting a gentle reminder, but after a couple chimes it shouldn't need to continue.
  • Agree with @ERK5000 with rear passenger HVAC comfort and control. Would add heated seats and possibly an easy mute back seat speakers button, allowing them to tune into whatever they may be listening too.
  • I've mentioned it a handful of times now, but some thought put into a wiring harness that allows the Scout owner to add accessories at a later date would be nice. However, past post pushed an idea of female connectors left in the area of a future installed accessory, which can limit possible future aftermarket ideas/accessories. Could the engineers look at this differently and create an easily accessible wire harness that is run throughout the Scout that consist of power, ground and a communications wire. Each accessory is designed to tap into all three wires, and is outfitted with a small circuit board that identifies what that accessory is and what it is asking to do. With each purchase of an accessory it requires an update of the software, which then has the Scout knowing what was installed and what function is required out of that accessory when it is used. Don't know if any of that made sense.....just trying to think outside the box to keep the Scout simple, but easily upgradeable and customizable.
Agree with @LastDayScout in that all of the add-ons should be just that. Let the Scout enthusiast be able to get into a plain jane Scout if that is all they want.
Great stuff. I mean-I took a nap midway through 😀 but was all great stuff. For teen features I’ve always thought of a control that prevents texting within like 36” of the steering wheel. Maybe like a communication signal between vehicle and cell phone.
Great thoughts @Harris005

Great stuff. I mean-I took a nap midway through 😀 but was all great stuff. For teen features I’ve always thought of a control that prevents texting within like 36” of the steering wheel. Maybe like a communication signal between vehicle and cell phone.
Great thoughts @Harris005
I was thinking something simular with the drivers phone (being the Scout 🔑) has to be placed on the wireless charger (that is concealed somewhere) for the Scout to be taken out of park. I admit that I still pick up my phone to look up something while driving...even with Apple Car Play or Android Auto being used. I can admit this would make me do a better job of staying off the phone while driving. However, all that said I could see it pissing people off being required to do it.

Reactions: Rustic_father
Ok Scouts,

Our interface designers and engineers are looking for some more feedback from all of you and this time it is on:

What kind of tech do you expect enabled in the car or interface?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

- Jamie
Basic:
- Fuel Level,
- Battery life/health,
- Oil Temp,
-Engine Temp
- Speedo,
-RPM,
-Compass
-Air Temp (Inside/Outside)
-Miles to empty/miles to recharge
-Engine efficiency - MPG etc.

The Modern Standard for Infotainment:
-Android and Apple Carplay

Potential New tech:
- Air quality both in cabin and outside

GPS
- Ability to upload .gpx files of trails, preferably on a Scout branded infotainment app.
-Ability to find known trails based on community uploaded trails into a Scout branded app.

Reactions: prattm1964
Basic:
- Fuel Level,
- Battery life/health,
- Oil Temp,
-Engine Temp
- Speedo,
-RPM,
-Compass

Potential New tech:

GPS
- Ability to upload .gpx files of trails, preferably on a Scout branded infotainment app.
-Ability to find known trails based on community uploaded trails into a Scout branded app.
No oil and engine temp necessary. It’s great to not need such things!

- Apple/android car play

Things I do NOT expect:
- HUD
Please don't use a factory 5G connection tied to one of the wireless carriers! Just wifi which can connect to my home network once a day, and/or use my phones bluetooth connection as the backhaul network. I own a 2015 vehicle with an infotainment system which used to use the 3G wireless networks, now it just does nothing:-(
Perhaps a "connectivity module" which can be swapped out for a different wireless carrier or the latest gen wireless network?

Basic:
- Fuel Level,
- Battery life/health,
- Oil Temp,
-Engine Temp
- Speedo,
-RPM,
-Compass

Potential New tech:

GPS
Uh, you do know this is going to be an electric vehicle?

Honestly, some of these responses scare me. I’m concerned that too much fancy tech could pivot the new Scout towards becoming a luxury vehicle. I personally don’t want to see this vehicle move in that direction.

Concerning driver assistance features: I expect a 2026 vehicle to have adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning. All easily disabled via a dedicated physical button.

I don’t expect autonomous driving!

Concerning Infotainment tech: I expect an interface for a smartphone and, well… that’s about it. I would like to see plug-n-play accessories which will integrate into the infotainment system so that digital switches can be configured (for example; I toss a refrigerator into the frunk. I can then turn it on/off digitally via the infotainment system. This allows the car to “know” of the additional energy load so that it can ensure the fridge is OFF when I leave the vehicle or disable it if the battery is getting low). WOW, I just thought of 6 other use cases for a system like this. So, think of it like an open standards interconnect backbone. The boating world has something called “NMEA 2000” for reference.

I don’t expect voice assistance, a factory navigation app (everyone uses their cellphone anyway), color changing LED lights, an app store, a refrigerator, lol.

Concerning the vehicle hardware: I expect heated seats (cooled would be nice also), heated wipers, heated mirrors (yes, I live in the north), power seats with 3-person memory, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, removable rear seat, trailer hitch, remote start, backup camera, power locks, power windows, tire pressure monitoring system, headrests that aren’t leaning forward too much, front/rear dash cams.

I don’t expect to unlock my car with my phone or need a monthly subscription to something.