What is the size of the New Scout?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Oak7r33

1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Maybe a silly question but here we go...

I am just wondering do we know the actual SIZE of the New Scout? Will this be more the size dimensions of the current Wrangler and Bronco or re we getting a true Old school style SUV along the F-150 Size range? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: J Alynn

I am just wondering do we know the actual SIZE of the New Scout? Will this be more the size dimensions of the current Wrangler and Bronco or re we getting a true Old school style SUV along the F-150 Size range? Thanks in advance.
Old-School style... I don't get what you mean, like a 3 row Traveler? The First SUV offerings were nowhere near the size of an F150. The longest wheelbase offered on a Scout IIRC was the Terra and Traveler at 118"WB, the 80 thru the Scout II were 100"... The New Bronco is offered in 100" and 116", similar to the original IHC's.

My estimate is probably like a new Rivian... I parked my 800 next to one & it's an acceptable size for me, a little bigger than I'm used to.

Old-School style... I don't get what you mean, like a 3 row Traveler? The First SUV offerings were nowhere near the size of an F150. The longest wheelbase offered on a Scout IIRC was the Terra and Traveler at 118"WB, the 80 thru the Scout II were 100"... The New Bronco is offered in 100" and 116", similar to the original IHC's.

My estimate is probably like a new Rivian... I parked my 800 next to one & it's an acceptable size for me, a little bigger than I'm used to.
I guess I could have been a little more clear. The dimensions I was wishing for was more in the range of a Scout Traveler, yes.

And thank you for the visual of your 800 next to a Rivian. That really helps.

I'd like the 100" and 118".

There's a reason the Scouts were awesome, and this was a big reason.

I remember my buddy with his TJ calling my 71 Scout II too big... til we went and measured. Mine was narrower and like 5" longer. Perfect.

I mentioned this on another thread but I'm really hoping for a 2 door version. A sporty version that would look good with a roll bar.

I'm really hoping Scout goes small. American SUVs and truck are getting too huge and bloated. My current "mid-size" truck is as big as a full size truck from 30 years ago. PLEASE Make something small and fun.

I think a smaller Scout for the urban dweller would be a nice part of the mix. Not everyone needs to drive to work in the boonies like I did for 40 years. A convertible would be a gas.