What do you think of the designs from Alpha Motors?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

JohnBills

1st Year Member
Apr 21, 2023
Utah
Alpha Motors is definitely going for a classic look—they seem inspired by the '85 Toyota SR5 and the like. What do you all think? Is this the right amount of retro and new? Is this what you're hoping for when you envision the new Scout? I'll definitely keep my eye of them. Curious if they'll make it to production and be able to support their products, but I'll at least give them points for style!
https://www.alphamotorinc.com/wolf
1682110159167.png

Reactions: J Alynn
I like the flat, squared off fronts on their vehicle. It's different, but I'm not sure it's a great fit for all of the body-styles. Either way, there are definitely a few models such as the Wolf and Superrace, that I could see myself driving.

Reactions: JohnBills
Love this company and the designs so far. Definitely on the list for me. I hope the new Scout can pull off something classic like this.

I like the flat, squared off fronts on their vehicle. It's different, but I'm not sure it's a great fit for all of the body-styles. Either way, there are definitely a few models such as the Wolf and Superrace, that I could see myself driving.
Agreed. Some of the models have much stronger design than the others.

Me, too. Which Alpha model is your favorite?
Oh man - the Coupe PE is fun. Kinda like a 60’s Skyline meets Nissan Figaro meets the future. I dig the Adventure Series a lot. The Estate is almost there too - but I think there’s something off with the length and angle of the front end/hood that makes it appear too rounded overall (if that makes sense). I want to love the crossover but (like most of the SUVs and Trucks) it’s got so much stuff tacked on I get Canyonero vibes.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
Oh man - the Coupe PE is fun. Kinda like a 60’s Skyline meets Nissan Figaro meets the future. I dig the Adventure Series a lot. The Estate is almost there too - but I think there’s something off with the length and angle of the front end/hood that makes it appear too rounded overall (if that makes sense). I want to love the crossover but (like most of the SUVs and Trucks) it’s got so much stuff tacked on I get Canyonero vibes.
Great Simpsons reference!

I like most of the Alpha designs. Great work study on how to to properly execute retro/modern in an EV.

First words that came to mind when I saw their designs a year or two ago were "inefficient" and "rusty". But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes people want a certain form over function. Much prefer where the new Scout is heading.

Now I have the Canyonero jingle running through my head! Amazing! I'm a big fan of the Rex but I don't want a two-door SUV.

First words that came to mind when I saw their designs a year or two ago were "inefficient" and "rusty". But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes people want a certain form over function. Much prefer where the new Scout is heading.
They definitely won't gain any range from aerodynamics. That's for sure.

my initial reaction is that it looks like the truck marty gets at the end of back to the future.

when i looked on their website I think their look can be defined as "modern old." It really looks like they took old desigs and did minimal changes to make them "not old." i i don't consider that they made the designs modern because lots of aspects do not look truely modern.

they look certainly unique but to me it looks like they did minimal designing and more of copy paste with slight tweeks.