Welcome and Introductions!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Jamie@ScoutMotors

Scout Community Veteran
Staff member
1st Year Member
Nov 4, 2022
Chicago
www.scoutmotors.com
Hi everyone, and welcome to the Scout Community forum!

My name is Jamie (Jamie@ScoutMotors), and with my cohort Chris (Chris@ScoutMotors), we will be your central "tour guides," so to speak, here in the forums. We will do our best to answer your questions, help with any forum issues you might have, and generally try and keep things moving along and share Scout news when we can. We couldn't be more excited about the return of Scout and hope you are as well.

About myself - I've been a lifelong car enthusiast and have owned various brands and types. I've also modified many cars along the way and love to tinker and explore. I started the VW enthusiast website, VWvortex back in the day, and it became one of the biggest automotive forums in the world, so I've had a lot of experience running forums like this one. At VWVortex, we built and restored numerous cars, from some beautiful Volkswagen Mk2 GTIs to a 500hp "Super" Beetle converted to AWD that won awards at the SEMA show. All of it was shared with our readers in detail in our forums and on our website, and I think you will see similar things here at the Scout forums in the future.

Growing up, one of my uncles had a Scout 800a with a V8 that he was "restoring" for many years. Not a ton of progress was made outside of basic (and non-basic!) maintenance, but I remember spending a lot of time in the garage with a beverage or two discussing the potential. It was great fun to tool around in, and we'd often take it into town to run errands where numerous people would stop to ask questions and share their Scout stories.

I've been an avid outdoors person most of my life and have spent time overlanding, back country hiking for days, off-roading everything from mud bogs down south to Hells Revenge to Imogene Pass to Black Bear Pass. I have also helped wrench numerous Jeep, Toyota, Nissan and Ford off-road projects, so I have some background that lends itself well to being involved in Scout.

You rarely get a chance to be involved in the start of a car company, let alone one with the history that Scout has. I am as excited as you to see what the team puts together and can tell you that everyone behind the scenes is incredibly passionate about this undertaking. The new Scout can't be everything to everyone, but the team here is trying hard to tick all the boxes that make a Scout a Scout.

So welcome to the forum, and please take a moment to introduce yourself, tell us any Scout stories you may have, and join us on this ride as we work to bring the Scout back to America.

See you in the forums!

- Jamie

Last edited:
Excited to see the brand brought back and reimagined. Now, if only I could finish my Scout II restoration…
If you have any photos or stories, be sure to check out our Registry in the navigation above. If you have enough updates, start a topic about it. We need more people to share the history of these neat vehicles.

Thanks for registering.

Congrats on the new venture! I'm looking forward to seeing these out in the wild, I'll definitely look forward to checking it out.
Myles, how's life man? Miss those days where we made you "slightly" uncomfortable on the offroad trails near Cajon Junction. 😁

Looking forward to doing that again with a Scout!

Myles, how's life man? Miss those days where we made you "slightly" uncomfortable on the offroad trails near Cajon Junction. 😁

Looking forward to doing that again with a Scout! before
.. Having never been offroad, that was... eye-opening, and proof that I'm not a good passenger even with mild trails..

I will enjoy.. being outside watching the wheel articulation more than being inside experiencing it, not gonna lie :LOL:

I am excited and cautiously optimistic about the new design. I am hoping that there will be at least one hybrid option, as I am not sure how well an EV only would work for extended off-road adventures. If not, I would hope to see a final design that does the Scout name justice. During my life I have owned 8 different Scouts, all between 77 and 79. My favorite was the SSII. It is exciting to watch this new truck develop. Its a truck, as anything less is just a car!

Very excited to be apart of this community and looking forward to all the speculation, news, renderings, and future ownership. As a current owner of a 71 Scout 800 and new Bronco, I hope Scout Motor Co. Is able to capture the Heritage of its early years body style with today's modern technology. While this may not be a popular opinion but Ford, but in my opinion Ford did a great job capturing their audience by going to jeep events and speaking to enthusiasts about what's important to them-I have Scout Motor Co. does the same.

Hi Scout team! Bill here from Minneapolis, MN. Looking forward to all of the progress and challenges that your team will face. You are assembling an incredible team to revive an American icon. Had the pleasure of meeting with Ray a couple of times, great vision for the brand. I personally have a 1965 Scout 80, 1970 Scout 800A Aristocrat, 1972 Scout II and a 1980 Scout Traveler 6.0LS swapped nearing its complete restoration. And as any Scout collector would, a few parts scouts. I run the Minnestota Scout Club. Also collect vintage Scout literature, if needed I can scan those and share with your team. Happy to meet with you team once you get rolling.

Bill
Instagram - @minnesotascoutclub
Facebook - Minnesota International Scout Club.

Wow! We’re in the midst of a celebrity here in the car world! 😉 @Jamie@ScoutMotors

So cool that you’re involved with Scout. Met Scott Keogh at the Harvester Homecoming at our VW booth. He’s done such great things for VW over the years, I’m thrilled to see him heading the team.

Attachments

• 9F2D610D-FFF0-4766-8DEC-82C6AF4BD971.jpeg
    9F2D610D-FFF0-4766-8DEC-82C6AF4BD971.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 18ABF3CA-0723-4FB9-A691-AC3D0413C365.jpeg
    18ABF3CA-0723-4FB9-A691-AC3D0413C365.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 1104ED86-8056-4C7A-B835-58CBA1BEB314.jpeg
    1104ED86-8056-4C7A-B835-58CBA1BEB314.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 22
Very excited to be apart of this community and looking forward to all the speculation, news, renderings, and future ownership. As a current owner of a 71 Scout 800 and new Bronco, I hope Scout Motor Co. Is able to capture the Heritage of its early years body style with today's modern technology. While this may not be a popular opinion but Ford, but in my opinion Ford did a great job capturing their audience by going to jeep events and speaking to enthusiasts about what's important to them-I have Scout Motor Co. does the same.

I agree and can only tell you that the team here at Scout genuinely wants to capture the heritage and spirit of the original Scout. Not sure if you are aware but members of the Scout team including our CEO Scott Keogh were at the Harvester Homecoming seeking feedback and ideas. More events are planned in the future so stay tuned.

Hi Scout team! Bill here from Minneapolis, MN. Looking forward to all of the progress and challenges that your team will face. You are assembling an incredible team to revive an American icon. Had the pleasure of meeting with Ray a couple of times, great vision for the brand. I personally have a 1965 Scout 80, 1970 Scout 800A Aristocrat, 1972 Scout II and a 1980 Scout Traveler 6.0LS swapped nearing its complete restoration. And as any Scout collector would, a few parts scouts. I run the Minnestota Scout Club. Also collect vintage Scout literature, if needed I can scan those and share with your team. Happy to meet with you team once you get rolling.

Bill
Instagram - @minnesotascoutclub
Facebook - Minnesota International Scout Club.

Bill please pass along to the community that we're looking for feedback here in the forums and we'd love to build out our Scout Registry (button in the navigation above) with more vintage Scouts. Also I would encourage you to post a topic on your Scout builds as I think it's great to bring those that don't have a connection to Scout history into the fold. We'll keep you in mind in the future as we plan for future events. Thanks for posting.

- Jamie

Reactions: IdahoJOAT