Welcome and Introductions!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I'm John and like many here, I'm a lifelong auto enthusiast. My first job was a mechanic at a local shop where I fell in love with the old Scout II sitting on the backlot. My passion for the industry has only grown with the rise of EVs. My career has been in branding, media, and creative directing, but stuff on four wheels is where my heart is.

I grew up exploring the dirt roads of Big Cottonwood Canyon near Salt Lake City and the dry lake beds out near Skull Valley and the Great Salt Lake. Currently I own a Chevrolet Bolt EUV and a Genesis GV60, but I'm wanting a great EV that my family can adventure in. And I hoping that's the Scout!

Excited to join you all in shaping the rebirth of an icon! I'm so excited for this. I've even recently applied for a few positions at Scout, but I'll help it along any way I can.
Welcome to the forum

I'm John and like many here, I'm a lifelong auto enthusiast. My first job was a mechanic at a local shop where I fell in love with the old Scout II sitting on the backlot. My passion for the industry has only grown with the rise of EVs. My career has been in branding, media, and creative directing, but stuff on four wheels is where my heart is.

I grew up exploring the dirt roads of Big Cottonwood Canyon near Salt Lake City and the dry lake beds out near Skull Valley and the Great Salt Lake. Currently I own a Chevrolet Bolt EUV and a Genesis GV60, but I'm wanting a great EV that my family can adventure in. And I hoping that's the Scout!

Excited to join you all in shaping the rebirth of an icon! I'm so excited for this. I've even recently applied for a few positions at Scout, but I'll help it along any way I can.
Welcome to the construct John!

Keep an eye on those positions as we are going to grow quite a bit including a content team. 🍻

• Love
Reactions: JohnBills
Hello Mr. Keogh and the Scout Team,

My name is Eric Blume and I am the grandson of Ted Ornas. Although he has passed, he would be very excited to hear that the Scout legacy which he helped create will carry on through your work with the new EV Scout.

I also was inspired by the news last year that the Scout was going to make a comeback in the form of a redesigned EV. My sister Betsy, who passed in 2017, played a big role in helping keep the Scout legacy alive through her yearly visits to the Scout Truck Nationals. She made it her mission to be the presenter of the Ted Ornas Award to the Scout owner with the most ‘showroom stock’ condition truck in honor of the Scout’s original designer.

Since her passing, there has been a void in the legacy carrying of my Grandfather’s kitchen table sketch of the original Scout. So the new revival and redesign of this iconic brand has been so uplifting to our family. I know I will be buying the new Scout EV when it debuts in 2026!

Thank you for your mission on the new Scout!

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

picture of my Grandfather and Grandmother taken in Ft. Wayne, In.
other picture of me at home in Florida

Attachments

• 8EB817BB-E633-468A-B3CF-63D60AFBB50C.jpeg
    8EB817BB-E633-468A-B3CF-63D60AFBB50C.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 11
  • EC86F1B2-9013-4B7F-A5BD-3E67A0DBC956.jpeg
    EC86F1B2-9013-4B7F-A5BD-3E67A0DBC956.jpeg
    845.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi everyone, and welcome to the Scout Community forum!

My name is Jamie (Jamie@ScoutMotors), and with my cohort Chris (Chris@ScoutMotors), we will be your central "tour guides," so to speak, here in the forums. We will do our best to answer your questions, help with any forum issues you might have, and generally try and keep things moving along and share Scout news when we can. We couldn't be more excited about the return of Scout and hope you are as well.

About myself - I've been a lifelong car enthusiast and have owned various brands and types. I've also modified many cars along the way and love to tinker and explore. I started the VW enthusiast website, VWvortex back in the day, and it became one of the biggest automotive forums in the world, so I've had a lot of experience running forums like this one. At VWVortex, we built and restored numerous cars, from some beautiful Volkswagen Mk2 GTIs to a 500hp "Super" Beetle converted to AWD that won awards at the SEMA show. All of it was shared with our readers in detail in our forums and on our website, and I think you will see similar things here at the Scout forums in the future.

Growing up, one of my uncles had a Scout 800a with a V8 that he was "restoring" for many years. Not a ton of progress was made outside of basic (and non-basic!) maintenance, but I remember spending a lot of time in the garage with a beverage or two discussing the potential. It was great fun to tool around in, and we'd often take it into town to run errands where numerous people would stop to ask questions and share their Scout stories.

I've been an avid outdoors person most of my life and have spent time overlanding, back country hiking for days, off-roading everything from mud bogs down south to Hells Revenge to Imogene Pass to Black Bear Pass. I have also helped wrench numerous Jeep, Toyota, Nissan and Ford off-road projects, so I have some background that lends itself well to being involved in Scout.

You rarely get a chance to be involved in the start of a car company, let alone one with the history that Scout has. I am as excited as you to see what the team puts together and can tell you that everyone behind the scenes is incredibly passionate about this undertaking. The new Scout can't be everything to everyone, but the team here is trying hard to tick all the boxes that make a Scout a Scout.

So welcome to the forum, and please take a moment to introduce yourself, tell us any Scout stories you may have, and join us on this ride as we work to bring the Scout back to America.

See you in the forums!

- Jamie

My name is Eric Blume and I am the grandson of Ted Ornas. Although he has passed, he would be very excited to hear that the Scout legacy which he helped create will carry on through your work with the new EV Scout.

I also was inspired by the news last year that the Scout was going to make a comeback in the form of a redesigned EV. My sister Betsy, who passed in 2017, played a big role in helping keep the Scout legacy alive through her yearly visits to the Scout Truck Nationals. She made it her mission to be the presenter of the Ted Ornas Award to the Scout owner with the most ‘showroom stock’ condition truck in honor of the Scout’s original designer.

Since her passing, there has been a void in the legacy carrying of my Grandfather’s kitchen table sketch of the original Scout. So the new revival and redesign of this iconic brand has been so uplifting to our family. I know I will be buying the new Scout EV when it debuts in 2026!

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

Picture of Grandparents taken in Ft. Wayne, In when I was flying for TWA
picture of me at home in Florida

Attachments

• A8ABC78F-58ED-4E36-8FA5-E9B236B52BF2.jpeg
    A8ABC78F-58ED-4E36-8FA5-E9B236B52BF2.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 5E0CB5A6-5ABC-4B4F-A1AA-61899334DF2A.jpeg
    5E0CB5A6-5ABC-4B4F-A1AA-61899334DF2A.jpeg
    845.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Chris@ScoutMotors

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

Awesome to have you and your family legacy. Welcome to the forum

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

Hi Eric, and welcome to the new Scout Community!

Thanks for taking the time to post and join the community. Your grandfather created a tremendous legacy in so many ways, but in particular, the mark he left on the Scout and International Harvester. By all accounts, the Scout wouldn't exist if it weren't for your grandfather. I'm sorry for the loss of your sister and hope that her enthusiasm and legacy will carry-on.

Our team here is tremendously excited to bring the Scout back to the market and sincerely hope we can make your grandfather's legacy proud. We will reach out to you to see how we can get you involved in some of the things we have coming up. Should be a fun ride!

Thanks again and welcome to the Scout Community!

- Jamie

Last edited:

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

Hi Eric, it’s a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the new Scout Community!

As @Jamie@ScoutMotors and @J Alynn mentioned above, it’s an honor to have you and your family’s legacy on the forums here. The Scout arguably planted the seed for the SUV as we know it, and we couldn’t be more excited to be reinvigorating the brand, and designing and producing the next generation of Scouts.

Thanks for joining the community here, we look forward to keeping in touch and hearing your thoughts as we move forward!

- Chris

Reactions: Harris005

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

Eric,
This is an awesome story. I enjoyed reading about your grandfather in the IH Scout Encyclopedia. Welcome to the community and think you'll be impressed with the efforts that Scout Motors is attempting to make. This is the first of its kind where I've witnessed a car company opening up a dialouge for their brand and having ongoing contact. I'm sure you have stories you could tell that would leave many of us at the edge of our seats. Also, that Tshirt is awesome!

-Jesse

Hi Eric, and welcome to the new Scout Community!

Thanks for taking the time to post and join the community. Your grandfather created a tremendous legacy in so many ways, but in particular, the mark he left on the Scout and International Harvester. By all accounts, the Scout wouldn't exist if it weren't for your grandfather. I'm sorry for the loss of your sister and hope that her enthusiasm and legacy will carry-on.

Our team here is tremendously excited to bring the Scout back to the market and sincerely hope we can make your grandfather's legacy proud. We will reach out to you to see how we can get you involved in some of the things we have coming up. Should be a fun ride!

Thanks again and welcome to the Scout Community!

- Jamie
Hi Jamie,

Thank you for welcoming me and for the kind words regarding my family! This Scout renaissance is exhilarating for us. To see the Scout come back to the market after all this time is something special.

I look forward to hearing from you, I like a good rally ride!

Eric

Hi Eric, it’s a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the new Scout Community!

As @Jamie@ScoutMotors and @J Alynn mentioned above, it’s an honor to have you and your family’s legacy on the forums here. The Scout arguably planted the seed for the SUV as we know it, and we couldn’t be more excited to be reinvigorating the brand, and designing and producing the next generation of Scouts.

Thanks for joining the community here, we look forward to keeping in touch and hearing your thoughts as we move forward!

- Chris
Hi Chris,

Nice to meet you as well and thank you for welcoming me! Really happy to hear how enthusiastic you all are about the next chapter in the Scout legacy!

I am looking forward to hearing more about the process from you and the team.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric,
This is an awesome story. I enjoyed reading about your grandfather in the IH Scout Encyclopedia. Welcome to the community and think you'll be impressed with the efforts that Scout Motors is attempting to make. This is the first of its kind where I've witnessed a car company opening up a dialouge for their brand and having ongoing contact. I'm sure you have stories you could tell that would leave many of us at the edge of our seats. Also, that Tshirt is awesome!

-Jesse
Hello Jesse,

Thanks for the welcome!

It truly is amazing how this is evolving from the first Scout EV sketch I saw online and now with this forum!

A little story about that Tshirt in my picture. I was visiting my sister in Dallas about 10 years ago and she had one of those Tshirts on. I asked her where did she have it made? She said that I could actually go to the Gap and buy it. I was surprised that they were mass producing this Scout Tshirt.
It just speaks to how iconic the brand really is.

Eric

Sincerely,

Eric Blume

So great to have you here!

Hi @Jamie@ScoutMotors and everyone, just discovered this forum. I'm too young (born in the 80's) to have known Scout vehicles, they weren't big here in Canada when I was a kid but I'm very into EVs and the outdoors and am planning on getting a Scout EV as soon as they make it to this side of the border. I've had electric vehicles for 6 years now so I haven't bought a tank of gas in a while and I'm the VP of the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa so I know a few things about electric vehicles. Very excited to see some proper electric off-roaders enter the market. I plan to use the vehicle for camping and outdoor adventures (like going SCUBA diving, hauling astronomy gear to dark sky sites and hopefully using the vehicle to power said astronomy gear), as well as for use during increasingly frequent natural disasters transporting equipment (like chainsaws, supplies etc.) and towing a zodiac (with an electric outboard, naturally ;) ). Pretty sure a Scout will be my next vehicle purchase and I'll pre-order one as soon as the books open which is why I've joined this forum!

Last edited:
Hi @Jamie@ScoutMotors and everyone, just discovered this forum. I'm too young (born in the 80's) to have known Scout vehicles, they weren't big here in Canada when I was a kid but I'm very into EVs and the outdoors and am planning on getting a Scout EV as soon as they make it this side of the border. I've had electric vehicles for 6 years now so I haven't bought a tank of gas in a while and I'm the VP of the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa so I know a few things about electric vehicles. Very excited to see some proper electric off-roaders enter the market. I plan to use the vehicle for camping and outdoor adventures (like going SCUBA diving, hauling astronomy gear to dark sky sites and hopefully using the vehicle to power said astronomy gear), as well as for use during increasingly frequent natural disasters transporting equipment (like chainsaws, supplies etc.) and towing a zodiac (with an electric outboard, naturally ;) ). Pretty sure a Scout will be my next vehicle purchase and I'll pre-order one as soon as the books open which is why I've joined this forum!

Welcome to the community and glad you joined. Feel free to share your EV ownership experiences with everyone here as we are all learning. Should be a fun ride!

Reactions: RebelliousPeasant
Hi @Jamie@ScoutMotors and everyone, just discovered this forum. I'm too young (born in the 80's) to have known Scout vehicles, they weren't big here in Canada when I was a kid but I'm very into EVs and the outdoors and am planning on getting a Scout EV as soon as they make it this side of the border. I've had electric vehicles for 6 years now so I haven't bought a tank of gas in a while and I'm the VP of the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa so I know a few things about electric vehicles. Very excited to see some proper electric off-roaders enter the market. I plan to use the vehicle for camping and outdoor adventures (like going SCUBA diving, hauling astronomy gear to dark sky sites and hopefully using the vehicle to power said astronomy gear), as well as for use during increasingly frequent natural disasters transporting equipment (like chainsaws, supplies etc.) and towing a zodiac (with an electric outboard, naturally ;) ). Pretty sure a Scout will be my next vehicle purchase and I'll pre-order one as soon as the books open which is why I've joined this forum!
Very cool background in EVs. Excited for your contributions to the forum!