Welcome and Introductions!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Hello Everyone!

I'm Will Cabell from Charleston, SC, and I'm thrilled about the prospects that Scout's presence here brings. For years, I've dedicated myself to restoring vintage 4x4 vehicles, with a particular focus on Jeeps, though I've also ventured into working on the occasional Scout. My journey with these classics began in high school when I pulled my first set of Dana 44 axles from a Scout II for a project. Currently, I'm on the lookout for a Scout Traveler or Terra for my next endeavor. At the moment, I'm engrossed in reviving an old Kaiser Jeep M715. When this project started, I was child-free, but now, as a father of two, I find myself in need of a vehicle that can accommodate the entire family comfortably. If anyone has a solid Terra or Traveler and is willing to part with it, please get in touch!

One tons, 42's, beadlocks, ARB's

Attachments

• m71591.jpg
    m71591.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 6
  • m7176.jpg
    m7176.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 6
Hello Everyone!

I'm Will Cabell from Charleston, SC, and I'm thrilled about the prospects that Scout's presence here brings. For years, I've dedicated myself to restoring vintage 4x4 vehicles, with a particular focus on Jeeps, though I've also ventured into working on the occasional Scout. My journey with these classics began in high school when I pulled my first set of Dana 44 axles from a Scout II for a project. Currently, I'm on the lookout for a Scout Traveler or Terra for my next endeavor. At the moment, I'm engrossed in reviving an old Kaiser Jeep M715. When this project started, I was child-free, but now, as a father of two, I find myself in need of a vehicle that can accommodate the entire family comfortably. If anyone has a solid Terra or Traveler and is willing to part with it, please get in touch!

One tons, 42's, beadlocks, ARB's
I’m from Charleston too. Welcome!

Reactions: Tuff66
Hi everyone, and welcome to the Scout Community forum!

My name is Jamie (Jamie@ScoutMotors), and with my cohort Chris (Chris@ScoutMotors), we will be your central "tour guides," so to speak, here in the forums. We will do our best to answer your questions, help with any forum issues you might have, and generally try and keep things moving along and share Scout news when we can. We couldn't be more excited about the return of Scout and hope you are as well.

About myself - I've been a lifelong car enthusiast and have owned various brands and types. I've also modified many cars along the way and love to tinker and explore. I started the VW enthusiast website, VWvortex back in the day, and it became one of the biggest automotive forums in the world, so I've had a lot of experience running forums like this one. At VWVortex, we built and restored numerous cars, from some beautiful Volkswagen Mk2 GTIs to a 500hp "Super" Beetle converted to AWD that won awards at the SEMA show. All of it was shared with our readers in detail in our forums and on our website, and I think you will see similar things here at the Scout forums in the future.

Growing up, one of my uncles had a Scout 800a with a V8 that he was "restoring" for many years. Not a ton of progress was made outside of basic (and non-basic!) maintenance, but I remember spending a lot of time in the garage with a beverage or two discussing the potential. It was great fun to tool around in, and we'd often take it into town to run errands where numerous people would stop to ask questions and share their Scout stories.

I've been an avid outdoors person most of my life and have spent time overlanding, back country hiking for days, off-roading everything from mud bogs down south to Hells Revenge to Imogene Pass to Black Bear Pass. I have also helped wrench numerous Jeep, Toyota, Nissan and Ford off-road projects, so I have some background that lends itself well to being involved in Scout.

You rarely get a chance to be involved in the start of a car company, let alone one with the history that Scout has. I am as excited as you to see what the team puts together and can tell you that everyone behind the scenes is incredibly passionate about this undertaking. The new Scout can't be everything to everyone, but the team here is trying hard to tick all the boxes that make a Scout a Scout.

So welcome to the forum, and please take a moment to introduce yourself, tell us any Scout stories you may have, and join us on this ride as we work to bring the Scout back to America.

See you in the forums!

- Jamie
Hey Jamie, Chris and others in the forum,

I too have came from a background of being a vehicle enthusiast on many different makes and models. Most recently VW Golf R, and Mazda CX turbo vehicles.

What is cool about Scout is that it will be in Richland County, as I live in Columbia, SC.

I am hoping that Scout is able to take feedback from enthusiasts and apply it to probably the most difficult aspect of the creation of a vehicle, large scale production.

There are plenty of creative people, engineers of all types, and plenty of enthusiasts that can hopefully work with a starting community (admittedly with previous heritage) to tactfully build rapport and give their points of view. I hope many of us will be sensible about price points for what will be an awesome and attractive vehicle that should be under $50k…..with an actual “soul to the machine”…..a pulse, and maybe even do it better than some that have been at it for a while such as Jeep (God knows that the new full size Bronco sure is). Jeep especially has grossly exploited their customers through their dealerships when buying new for years, with the norm being to ask over MSRP even pre-pandemic.

I am hopeful that the new Scout can cut out the entire flawed sales model to get enthusiasts into a high performing, and off road capable EV’s that can compete, and do better than the capabilities of the 4Xe Wrangler and 2.7 Ecoboost power numbers. It wouldn’t be unrealistic as battery technologies continue to come down in price, and people are already envisioning how they would make a Scout “theirs” with sensible and tasteful modifications. God knows we don’t get that with Tesla, people may say they love theirs…….but if they did wouldn’t they at least put some window tint on it?

Hey Jamie, Chris and others in the forum,

I too have came from a background of being a vehicle enthusiast on many different makes and models. Most recently VW Golf R, and Mazda CX turbo vehicles.

What is cool about Scout is that it will be in Richland County, as I live in Columbia, SC.

I am hoping that Scout is able to take feedback from enthusiasts and apply it to probably the most difficult aspect of the creation of a vehicle, large scale production.

There are plenty of creative people, engineers of all types, and plenty of enthusiasts that can hopefully work with a starting community (admittedly with previous heritage) to tactfully build rapport and give their points of view. I hope many of us will be sensible about price points for what will be an awesome and attractive vehicle that should be under $50k…..with an actual “soul to the machine”…..a pulse, and maybe even do it better than some that have been at it for a while such as Jeep (God knows that the new full size Bronco sure is). Jeep especially has grossly exploited their customers through their dealerships when buying new for years, with the norm being to ask over MSRP even pre-pandemic.

I am hopeful that the new Scout can cut out the entire flawed sales model to get enthusiasts into a high performing, and off road capable EV’s that can compete, and do better than the capabilities of the 4Xe Wrangler and 2.7 Ecoboost power numbers. It wouldn’t be unrealistic as battery technologies continue to come down in price, and people are already envisioning how they would make a Scout “theirs” with sensible and tasteful modifications. God knows we don’t get that with Tesla, people may say they love theirs…….but if they did wouldn’t they at least put some window tint on it?
Well said and welcome. And interesting point of view on Tesla and for that angle nearly EVERY EV being sold today. You hit the nail on the head-they lack soul.
Reminds me of the movie “the replacements” with Keanu when he says “we need heart”

Well said and welcome. And interesting point of view on Tesla and for that angle nearly EVERY EV being sold today. You hit the nail on the head-they lack soul.
Reminds me of the movie “the replacements” with Keanu when he says “we need heart”
I had a couple early 2000 Mini Cooper’s, and they did a PHENOMENAL job of taking the past heritage, making it modern (and a touch more upscale). Yet at the same time, they had basic commuter Mini models that could still have a bevy of non-cost-prohibiting upgrades from decals to turbo and supercharger options, there were also purpose built Mini’s like the GR and JCW that performed well out of the box. All during a time when small cars were becoming popular as gas prices hit some record numbers in the states.

While the Scout will be EV, hopefully there will be a similar recipe of very base (perhaps single motor) yet capable off road, to well into midrange, and potentially out the box machines that can be as off road as a Raptor (that can take a curb head on at 60 mph with no damage).

The middle ground will be important, as it will have to do better than Wrangler 4Xe in the higher trim models.

Vehicle Enthusiast, DIY everything, and VFX Artist specialized in Automotive Real-Time 3D Visualiazion here! I was born in Central America. My neighbor had a Scout and I always loved it. Nothing more fun than DIY automotive, built 6+ vehicles so far. 1965 Toyota LandCruiser (Chevy 350 swap), 1970 Lil'RedWagon Dodge stepside truck, 1970 CJ5 AMC with 304 V8, 1972 Chevy Nova SS hatchback, 1992 Toyota Hilux Turbo, and lately a 700+whp WRX. looking forward to seeing more cool rides!!

Housein Cornell