Scout Color Poll #1

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Please choose your top three favorite colors (color samples below poll):

• Red

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Butter Yellow

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • Bright Yellow

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Avocado Green

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • Bright Green

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Dark Green

Votes: 83 47.7%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • Bright Blue

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Medium Blue

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dark Blue

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Blue/Grey

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Aqua Marine Blue

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • Flat Grey

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 43 24.7%
  • Copper

Votes: 59 33.9%

• Total voters
These are two photos from my family albums. My uncle is even holding a 1964 sign up... I always LOVED this green. I think you have to offer something a touch darker than the sage green...but it's got to be a solid color. Not metallic. The blue, on the '76 is a little too 1970s for me...but a bluish grey also needs to be offered, IMHO. Hope all enjoyed seeing Scouts from the time they were originally out there working in the world.
1964 Scout.jpgCirca 1976 Scout II.jpg

These are two photos from my family albums. My uncle is even holding a 1964 sign up... I always LOVED this green. I think you have to offer something a touch darker than the sage green...but it's got to be a solid color. Not metallic. The blue, on the '76 is a little too 1970s for me...but a bluish grey also needs to be offered, IMHO. Hope all enjoyed seeing Scouts from the time they were originally out there working in the world.
View attachment 635View attachment 636
Love that gray-green color. I think that’s the color the Bronco cactus gray should be. Similar in color to the duck commander Scout that’s posted on the media area. Great photo-just told my wife we should have always taken a photo with our new cars so we had a record/history some day. My dad had a 58 Chevy convertible-seafoam green and white and only one photo exists. Oh how I wish he would have hung on to that car over the years.

Reactions: Harris005
This Toyota truck color caught my eye today! It is fair to say these pictures don't do it justice. It was pretty SHARP in the sunlight! :cool:

20230224_125339.jpg

20230224_125443.jpg

20230224_125450.jpg

Really like this mint green color... a lot!
Like both those greens but I don’t know if I could daily drive them. @Harris005-i have an auto detailer near me that has a very new BMW 3 series custom painted in a similar lemon/lime color I know BMW now has a lemon/lime color but this one is even brighter and I think it has to be pearl-maybe it’s a wrap). I stare at it every time they have it out. It looks amazing but still not sure I could drive it as a daily.
I still like the acid army green color Jeep offered like 8 years ago(?). Those metallic greens always look good. Especially with a white top. I think the dark green on the new Bronco missed the mark a bit but I know lots of people like it too

Reactions: Harris005
This Toyota truck color caught my eye today! It is fair to say these pictures don't do it justice. It was pretty SHARP in the sunlight! :cool:

View attachment 788

View attachment 789

View attachment 790
This is electric lime green. It foes look good in person but needs the right blend of complimentary colors. IMO it looks good on the TRD but not the sport. Same color but the TRD has red and black throughout where the sport doesn't.

Can we provide suggestions on names here.

1. Carolina Reaper
2. Rustic Canyon
3. Apricot
4. Maize
5. Lemon Drop
6. Avocado, Wholly Gauamole
7. Hemlock Green
8. Cornflower Blue
9.Royal Blue
10.Cobalt, Blue Jeans
11. Eucalyptus
12. Coastal Jetty
13. Sandshell, Charles-tan, Por Royal Sandshell as a tribute to the OSV beach in SC

I may come back to this list to be a bit more creative but this was my initial thoughts on my 30min lunch break.

Last edited:

1. Carolina Reaper
2. Rustic
3. Apricot
4. Maize
5. Lemon Drop
6. Avocado
7. Hemlock Green
8. Cornflower Blue
9.Royal Blue
10.Cobalt
11. Eucalyptus
12. Coastal Jetty
13. Sandshell

I may come back to this list to be a bit more creative but this was my knital thoughts on my 30min lunch break.
I hope rustic is orange.....it's like....me

1. Carolina Reaper
2. Rustic
3. Apricot
4. Maize
5. Lemon Drop
6. Avocado
7. Hemlock Green
8. Cornflower Blue
9.Royal Blue
10.Cobalt
11. Eucalyptus
12. Coastal Jetty
13. Sandshell

I may come back to this list to be a bit more creative but this was my knital thoughts on my 30min lunch break.
I’m going to request Apricot change to Sunset. Otherwise I read them again and you did a great job. Eucalyptus is a maybe for me. Not quite gray enough-feel a tropical name might appeal to coastal buyers and beach lovers. Is Caribbean or Lagoon too obvious?

Prefer white. White is clean and classic. Many of these colors look rock solid on 70’s vintage scouts.

White, Avocado Green, Orange

Attachments

• 6F6A3268-053E-4BF7-B023-40F20069F708.jpeg
    6F6A3268-053E-4BF7-B023-40F20069F708.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: J Alynn
I am partial to 1980 Copper.

Color chip.jpg

Chevy Orange is fairly close
Sydney_Crush.jpg

Yellow is also good!

Interesting factoid about the Winter White color. I had the top painted Winter White on Sydney. The painter told me he almost didn't follow the recipe for Winter White because he thought he would add too much Blue. He followed the recipe and remarked how he liked the color with the amount of Blue added.

Stay away from the drab colors.

Go vibrant, vivid and bright!

I am partial to 1980 Copper.

View attachment 883

Chevy Orange is fairly close
View attachment 882

Yellow is also good!

Interesting factoid about the Winter White color. I had the top painted Winter White on Sydney. The painter told me he almost didn't follow the recipe for Winter White because he thought he would add too much Blue. He followed the recipe and remarked how he liked the color with the amount of Blue added.

Stay away from the drab colors.

Go vibrant, vivid and bright!
Copper is GOOD. I think a lot of us were happy when Jamie added the Copper color to his color poll. Great Scout