Scout Color Poll #1

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Please choose your top three favorite colors (color samples below poll):

• Red

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Butter Yellow

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • Bright Yellow

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Avocado Green

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • Bright Green

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Dark Green

Votes: 83 47.7%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • Bright Blue

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Medium Blue

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dark Blue

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Blue/Grey

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Aqua Marine Blue

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • Flat Grey

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 43 24.7%
  • Copper

Votes: 59 33.9%

• Total voters

Jamie@ScoutMotors

Scout Community Veteran
Staff member
1st Year Member
Nov 4, 2022
Chicago
www.scoutmotors.com
Hello Scouts!

We thought it would be fun to talk colors and see what people are interested in. So, let's assume black, white and silver are in the mix already. Here are a variety of different shades of fun colors for your voting pleasure. We are going to limit this just three votes per registered user, so pick your top 3 choices. Since it doesn't officially count, don't bother creating a different account just to bump something up. We will run some semi-official color polls much later as we get closer to production. Ok, so here are some general choices:

Red:
p15688zpa_1_3.jpg

Copper:
p13991-z-canyon-dusk-copper-metallic_1_1_2.jpg

Orange:
p54519a1_2.jpg

Butter Yellow:
butter-cream.jpg

Bright Yellow:

54513zp.jpg

Avocado Green:
p54510a.jpg

Bright Green:
54515zp.jpg

Dark Green:
plucky-clover_3.jpg
Sky Blue:
p15704_deep_lagoon_blue.jpg

Bright Blue:
p16172zpa_3.jpg

Medium Blue:
p50084-zp--coastal-hiway-blue_3.jpg

Dark Blue:
p51547zpa-candy-blue_2.jpg

Aqua Marine Blue:
pmako-blue.jpg

Blue Grey:
nantucket-blue-metallic.jpg

Light Grey:
p15705a.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so this is just for fun and not official in any way this far out. Let's also assume black, white and Silver are in the mix already. Here are a variety of different shades of fun colors for your voting pleasure. We are going to limit this just three votes per registered user, so pick your top 3 choices. Since it doesn't officially count, don't bother creating a different account just to bump something up. We will run some semi-official color polls much later as we get closer to production. Ok, so here are your generic choices:

Red:
View attachment 316

Butter Yellow:
View attachment 313

Bright Yellow:

View attachment 311

Avocado Green:
View attachment 324

Bright Green:
View attachment 312

Dark Green:
View attachment 320
Sky Blue:
View attachment 317

Bright Blue:
View attachment 319

Medium Blue:
View attachment 321

Dark Blue:
View attachment 322

Blue Grey:
View attachment 315

Light Grey:
View attachment 318
I still say kill the black, silver and white. For once those buyers can wrap their vehicle and give us more unique colors. That said I think the blue gray above and a mahogany brown would be better as Scout neutrals 😀
Also need a dark orange color-not for me but have seen multiple comments about orange
Otherwise I think these would all be great colors

Typically the Avacado green is a color I would oppose but something tells me that it would look incredible on a vintage scout. I will say that the demographic of offroad enthusiast who want a modern vehicle linked to its roots are in favor of a green which is why Ford brought in Eruption Green as a late available choice for the Bronco. I agree with @J Alynn that a true orange is missing, I'd say more along the lines of an Apricot color. While I understand that this is a very premature poll, it is appreciated. I do really like the Blue/Grey, remind me of my workout room walls which is called "Coastal Jetty".

Typically the Avacado green is a color I would oppose but something tells me that it would look incredible on a vintage scout. I will say that the demographic of offroad enthusiast who want a modern vehicle linked to its roots are in favor of a green which is why Ford brought in Eruption Green as a late available choice for the Bronco. I agree with @J Alynn that a true orange is missing, I'd say more along the lines of an Apricot color. While I understand that this is a very premature poll, it is appreciated. I do really like the Blue/Grey, remind me of my workout room walls which is called "Coastal Jetty".
I liked the blue gray as one of my three. I’m sure others will say it’s bland but I like it. My daughter’s Bronco on order is the Azure gray which is similar and I still think it is more blue than gray. I think of it as faded denim 😀. I know it says gray but I think it’s more blue and with a white top and saddle brown interior that would be great look. Add some cool graphics and I’m in

I liked the blue gray as one of my three. I’m sure others will say it’s bland but I like it. My daughter’s Bronco on order is the Azure gray which is similar and I still think it is more blue than gray. I think of it as faded denim 😀. I know it says gray but I think it’s more blue and with a white top and saddle brown interior that would be great look. Add some cool graphics and I’m in
I too am considering this color (Azure Gray) but am unsure how it will reveal in person. I went with the safe Cactus Gray as I have seen this in person..I'm afraid Azure Gray resembled Area 51, but can flop based on lighting. Iconic Silver looks better in person than in images. Colors are always challenging to me without seeing in person prior. Right now my build is a 2 Door Heritage (white top, wheels) in Cactus Gray with the blue plaid interior. I was hoping a Brittany Blue would appear as a heritage color

Reactions: J Alynn
Ok, so this is just for fun and not official in any way this far out. Let's also assume black, white and Silver are in the mix already. Here are a variety of different shades of fun colors for your voting pleasure. We are going to limit this just three votes per registered user, so pick your top 3 choices. Since it doesn't officially count, don't bother creating a different account just to bump something up. We will run some semi-official color polls much later as we get closer to production. Ok, so here are your generic choices:

Red:
View attachment 316

Copper:
View attachment 344

Orange:
View attachment 345

Butter Yellow:
View attachment 313

Bright Yellow:

View attachment 311

Avocado Green:
View attachment 324

Bright Green:
View attachment 312

Dark Green:
View attachment 346
Sky Blue:
View attachment 317

Bright Blue:
View attachment 319

Medium Blue:
View attachment 321

Dark Blue:
View attachment 322

Blue Grey:
View attachment 315

Light Grey:
View attachment 318
Jamie I think it would be interesting to add the black, white and silver just to see if they get many votes.
I also think a pale beige/harvest beige would be a great neutral. Bronco offered that on the Everglades and killed it less than 12 months later but members on Bronco6G forum have all said they’d like the color as a general option. That color with white top would have a great vintage feel. Just more food for thought. I’m sure others will have feedback on this suggestion

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Jamie I think it would be interesting to add the black, white and silver just to see if they get many votes.
I also think a pale beige/harvest beige would be a great neutral. Bronco offered that on the Everglades and killed it less than 12 months later but members on Bronco6G forum have all said they’d like the color as a general option. That color with white top would have a great vintage feel. Just more food for thought. I’m sure others will have feedback on this suggestion

Attachments

• IMG_4094.PNG
    IMG_4094.PNG
    270.7 KB · Views: 4
I'll throw out a crazier one. I'm getting closer to painting my Scout and have decided to go with a little inspiration from my Kayak. I'm looking at a darker blue gray, with some orange highlights and blacked out trim/accent pieces.

Screenshot_20221129_083148_Gallery.jpg

Jamie
Noticed this morning the poll has aqua marine blue listed but no color swatch. I voted for it out of curiosity but is it possible to get the paint chip sample added to your post? Think it could be a great option but curious whether it is brighter or muted. Could easily sway me from the copper color. Thanks