Truck version

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

LastDayScout

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 16, 2022
Most of the discussion has been around the SUV version, which I am most interested in. But, there is also the truck version. I have seen a few comments regarding the bed size etc. But, what’s it going to be called? Traveler? Or might Scout use other International light line names like Travelette? I am sure there are some members that know more about IH truck history than me. But, I think the next letter designation for the old 100 series would be the “E” series. That’s kind of interesting.

Front end screams Broncos. Still think a more rectangular headlight isn’t with warm lights is the way to go to differentiate from the Bronco and Wrangler. The rest of it isn’t too bad looking. Like the Scout kink in the rear side window-the proportion looks pretty good. Like the dark roof too

Just saw this render. Too Bronoco-ish in my opinion.
That dark roof with the light gray back pillars got me thinking....what if back pillars create a stationary roll bar and back of cab. The back window can roll completely down. The black portion of roof can easily pop off, and is light enough to easily store in the garage. It could easily lean or hang on racks on the wall of a garage.

With the black top off and the back window down, you would just have a mid truck roll bar look....simular to the Scout II's with thier tops off and "show bars".

Reactions: J Alynn
That dark roof with the light gray back pillars got me thinking....what if back pillars create a stationary roll bar and back of cab. The back window can roll completely down. The black portion of roof can easily pop off, and is light enough to easily store in the garage. It could easily lean or hang on racks on the wall of a garage.

With the black top off and the back window down, you would just have a mid truck roll bar look....simular to the Scout II's with thier tops off and "show bars".
That’s a very cool idea

With the agricultural background of IH it might be best to lean on that in the naming process. As far as bed length seems most half tons survive with about 5 and 1/2 feet. Larger platforms would need 6 feet or better. Capability and reliability are the things many seek out in the larger truck market but in the half ton truck world comfort seems to take precedent.

Reactions: LastDayScout
Staying true to the Scout, a soft top option at the Scout Store could be a nice addition for the truck version.

Couple things to design around:
  1. Out of site storage while not in use.
  2. Attached LED strips down the top sides, or along frame rails, with an easy access plug in just inside the tail gate. The plug itself is on the same dash switch that the bed light on the top of the cab is on.
  3. Back "hatch" release, so it can be rolled up, can only be accessed when the tailgate is down. This allows the cargo area to be locked - as long as the thiefs dont have a pocket knife :)
  4. Front attachment to the cab itself. If rear window rolls down and dogs are in back with the soft top, I could see some enjoyment for dog lovers to keep it open (also allows heat back there for the cold tips).
  5. Personally like the tinted windows option that SoftTopper has on their Scout model.
  6. When searching for a picture of one to post, I cam across the one that I attached showing a rack system above it....yet another good idea for more gear.
softtopper.jpgsofttopperracks.jpg

Reactions: Rallye and J Alynn
I wonder if there will be vocational/work versions. I would certainly be interested in having the truck as a fleet vehicle for my company. I haven’t seen any mention of weight class. Will there be 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton versions?

I wonder if there will be vocational/work versions. I would certainly be interested in having the truck as a fleet vehicle for my company. I haven’t seen any mention of weight class. Will there be 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton versions?
I think that the truck version will likely be a Uni-body and therefore not suitable for heavy duty workloads. Depending what your work fleet requirements are you can also look at the Ford f-150lightning....I know the base model is aimed at work fleets and starts at 35k. With thre lightning it is a body on frame design and is likely better suited for heavy duty situations.

I think that the truck version will likely be a Uni-body and therefore not suitable for heavy duty workloads. Depending what your work fleet requirements are you can also look at the Ford f-150lightning....I know the base model is aimed at work fleets and starts at 35k. With thre lightning it is a body on frame design and is likely better suited for heavy duty situations.

Both the SUV and the pickup truck will be body on ladder frame chassis. :D

• Love
Reactions: Spiegelglatt
Had I not seen the "Scout" on the grill I would have thought that was a Bronco. By the way, that was one of the attributes I almost added to the "What do you like not like about other off road trucks"... So many manufacturers rip each other off in the style department. I hope Scout doesn't do that.

Both the SUV and the pickup truck will be body on ladder frame chassis. :D
I would assume that a “1/2 ton” would be first. Although EVs are heavy and it may have to class up. But, the Scouts were part of the “light line” while under IH. It would be cool to see the Scout brand take the customer right up to where International starts in the medium duty class 4 segment.

Had I not seen the "Scout" on the grill I would have thought that was a Bronco. By the way, that was one of the attributes I almost added to the "What do you like not like about other off road trucks"... So many manufacturers rip each other off in the style department. I hope Scout doesn't do that.
Think you're remembering it backwards.....the Bronco copied the Scout. The difference now days is the reto Bronco came back a few years sooner than the beloved Scout, so people will think they pulled design ideas off of a Bronco when in reality they are taking design ques from the original Scout that pioneered the way.

Broncos look like Scouts....not Scouts look like Broncos 🍻

Solid point to remember. Jeep was first but as a military vehicle turned somewhat pedestrian. Scout was the true first American, if not “International” SUV brought to market to serve the working class people. Almost like the VW Beetle in Germany - kind of ironic the VWAG now has the rights to both vehicles

I would assume that a “1/2 ton” would be first. Although EVs are heavy and it may have to class up. But, the Scouts were part of the “light line” while under IH. It would be cool to see the Scout brand take the customer right up to where International starts in the medium duty class 4 segment.

The platform is scalable to different sizes giving us multiple options for the future.

Reactions: LastDayScout
Although these videos can be painful to watch at times, there is some Scout + IH history lessons in here: