Toggle Switches?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

RebelliousPeasant

1st Year Member
May 8, 2023
Ottawa, ON Canada
evco.ca
I recently watched a video about the Ineos Grenadier (https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/ca/the-vehicle/the-grenadier) and while it's way out of my price range it has some features and ideas I'd love to see Scout borrow if possible, specifically big chunky switches that can be operated by winter gloves. I live in Canada so being 'winter glove compatible' is always a good thing. Here are a few pics from the Grenadier website to illustrate the sort of design language and features I'm talking about. I wouldn't expect Scout to copy this design or anything but I'd love it if the interior of future Scout vehicles was at least "inspired" by it, specifically the chunky buttons and switches with guards that make them easier to use while the vehicle is moving in all directions as well as the removable panels that allow for aftermarket customizations and additions. I love the vaguely military/aircraft look of them.
Gren Int 3.jpgGrenadier interior overhead.jpg

I recently watched a video about the Ineos Grenadier (https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/ca/the-vehicle/the-grenadier) and while it's way out of my price range it has some features and ideas I'd love to see Scout borrow if possible, specifically big chunky switches that can be operated by winter gloves. I live in Canada so being 'winter glove compatible' is always a good thing. Here are a few pics from the Grenadier website to illustrate the sort of design language and features I'm talking about. I wouldn't expect Scout to copy this design or anything but I'd love it if the interior of future Scout vehicles was at least "inspired" by it, specifically the chunky buttons and switches with guards that make them easier to use while the vehicle is moving in all directions as well as the removable panels that allow for aftermarket customizations and additions. I love the vaguely military/aircraft look of them.
View attachment 2320View attachment 2321

EXT 4 / 500 amps... damn!!!!! Really digging the user interface here, but less so on the over-head... remember we want THEM TO REMOVE THE ROOF!!!
That wheel is nice... also remember VW owns SKODA... and SKODA also has a SCOUT (for real)... with a very cool wheel as well!

Hmmmm can't find the example I was looking for...

1709798374587.png

That font looks like "SCOTT" ski poles. I really hope the original Scout logo and font remains unchanged!

As for the toggles on the Ineos, I would love to see those toggles on the roof mounted UNDER a nice Infotainment screen. That would be a nice happy medium... With all the options and settings for an EV and an off-road capable Truck, you would need so many toggles without a big screen that the dash would end up looking like a 747. A few big toggles (like the roof ones) underneath the screen would be cool though.

As for the Grenadier, I see it as an over-priced, aspirational wanna be land rover (with cobbled together parts and a BMW diesel sedan engine) that gets 14MPG and puts out 285HP that was designed to bring your fox hunting party back to the castle. I would not want to own one of these in the US for sure, as there would be no support or warranty coverage.