Things to Avoid

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Wife's car requires cruise control to be turn on each time you get in. My truck has the cruise on/off button, but is allowed to be left on all the time, which is preferred.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris@ScoutMotors
My truck uses keyless fobs and push button for starting. Love this feature, because you can just leave the fob in your pocket. However, when pulling up somewhere to run inside, if you leave the vehicle running and hop out it has two loud horn honks about the time you get to the front of the truck. It makes you jump everytime. I don't see this being a necessary feature.

In my wife's CX9 the "Keyless Entry" function is ridiculous. If you have the key in your pocket, and push the button on the passenger side door, it unlocks all doors. If you do the same with the drivers side door it only unlocks the driver door.

I'm sure there is a reason, but in everyday use it just means two steps when there could be one. Is it the end of the world? No. Is it something I want on my car? No.

In my wife's CX9 the "Keyless Entry" function is ridiculous. If you have the key in your pocket, and push the button on the passenger side door, it unlocks all doors. If you do the same with the drivers side door it only unlocks the driver door.

I'm sure there is a reason, but in everyday use it just means two steps when there could be one. Is it the end of the world? No. Is it something I want on my car? No.
This was designed as a safety feature so if you are alone you only unlock your own door to avoid someone rushing you and gaining access. Most vehicles have a setting to change this and allow you to “always unlock all doors”

My truck uses keyless fobs and push button for starting. Love this feature, because you can just leave the fob in your pocket. However, when pulling up somewhere to run inside, if you leave the vehicle running and hop out it has two loud horn honks about the time you get to the front of the truck. It makes you jump everytime. I don't see this being a necessary feature.
That’s one of the things I disabled in my bronco using forscan.

My wife's Honda Accord has a feature that tells me I need a break... it is the worst thing ever! I can be focused on the road and get the steering wheel shook. It hates interstate lane changes. I can watch a video on my cell in my lap and it says I am driving great. Don't put that junk in the car or it will be the first thing we all figure out how to make "modular" and remove.

One little detail in my Silverado I don't like is that the outside temperature is shown on the touchscreen. The problem with this is when the Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is used you lose the temperature graphic. The local temp is shown sometimes through the Android Auto screen, but not always. An easy fix for this is to locate the temp reading within the gauge cluster.

White top option 👍 However, a white top with a black exterior finish 👎 Daughters Jeep has a white plastic top, for interior color purpose I'm guessing, with a black finish on the outside. The problem is the black can scratch, leaving white scratches that stand out. Especially where roof rack is tightend down at.

Would recommend white top inside and out and black tops inside and out as options.

I was listening to this pod cast on the way home yesterday......

Screenshot_20230601_134502_Google.jpg

Don't know if any of you have heard of this latest fad yet, but definitely something for Scout Motors to avoid. Summed up: Apparently Kia and Hyundai vehicles are very easy to start and steal. Kids are joy riding in them, crashing them, then moving on to find the next one. Because of the videos going viral and the spread of this on the internet, the parts to fix these cars are on backorder. Owners of these cars are down and out for long periods of time.

I was listening to this pod cast on the way home yesterday......

View attachment 1113

Don't know if any of you have heard of this latest fad yet, but definitely something for Scout Motors to avoid. Summed up: Apparently Kia and Hyundai vehicles are very easy to start and steal. Kids are joy riding in them, crashing them, then moving on to find the next one. Because of the videos going viral and the spread of this on the internet, the parts to fix these cars are on backorder. Owners of these cars are down and out for long periods of time.
Funny you say that. In March we were at a tournament and police were chasing a stolen Kia. Ironically the license plate was “rmedrob”. Friends we knew were on the second floor right above it. So imagine your car is stolen, crosses a river (and state line) then loses control on the turn while being chased by the police and gets totaled going through a conference room/brick wall

Attachments

• Kia wreck.jpg
    Kia wreck.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 5

I like this feature because I’m a small woman and I like knowing all the doors won’t open if someone is coming after me. It seems like a rare occurrence to most people but it has happened a few times to me because of my size. I’m glad only the drivers side opened on these occasions.

As a small driver: I would like to request that the dash doesn’t hit my knees when the seat is fully forward. I would also like to request an airbag option. Having an airbag hit me would cause great injury because of my size and how close I am to the steering wheel. My friend who is my size had brain damage because of a fender bender. I’m 4’10 so I would love the option of turning them off when I’m driving. I’m sure I’m speaking for many other smaller individuals as well!

As a small driver: I would like to request that the dash doesn’t hit my knees when the seat is fully forward. I would also like to request an airbag option. Having an airbag hit me would cause great injury because of my size and how close I am to the steering wheel. My friend who is my size had brain damage because of a fender bender. I’m 4’10 so I would love the option of turning them off when I’m driving. I’m sure I’m speaking for many other smaller individuals as well!
As a driver you want to be able to turn off the airbag? I don't think that's legal to do.

I'd think an option would be to put in your height and the computer might be able to adjust the power of the airbag, but probably not as it's an explosive charge that sets off the airbags in cars.

I get what you're saying and why, but I don't think(legally) a car company can fulfill that request.

**Definitely a thing for Sout Motors to Avoid!!**

My wife was listening to one of her dumb podcast :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:, but came away from it telling me about an issue they talked about and that I should post this on the Scout forum.

I'm not sure of the list of cars this applies to, but Mercedes is getting called out as one. Apparently their wiring within the cars have a soy based insulation. This is causing thousands of dollars in damages because rodents see it as a food source. The soy based insulation is used because it is environmentally friendly, which sounds tempting, but please Scout Motors DON'T go this route!!

I don’t like that the two EVs I have experience with (Tesla 3 and bmw iX) you can’t hop out of the car and leave it “running”. When you open the door it shuts down. Yes, you can restart it from your phone, but that is not quick or practical. I could see this being a major pain off road. If you had to quickly pop out to investigate an obstacle. It’s a pain in everyday life too like wanting to leave the AC or heat on while you run in to pick up kids from practice because you have groceries in the back.

• Love
Reactions: Harris005
**Definitely a thing for Sout Motors to Avoid!!**

My wife was listening to one of her dumb podcast :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:, but came away from it telling me about an issue they talked about and that I should post this on the Scout forum.

I'm not sure of the list of cars this applies to, but Mercedes is getting called out as one. Apparently their wiring within the cars have a soy based insulation. This is causing thousands of dollars in damages because rodents see it as a food source. The soy based insulation is used because it is environmentally friendly, which sounds tempting, but please Scout Motors DON'T go this route!!
I’ve heard this with Honda as well. Not sure how nobody gave thought to that. At least add a chemical to deter or capsaicin to burn their mouths when they nibble