Super Scout Package

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Harris005

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Oak Grove, MO.
My personal favorite has always been the Super Scout package (SSIII??). Would love to see this as an available model! A few things to include:
1) Comes with soft top, hard top could be purchased separately. Soft top to have the side window Scout II look (simular to SoftTopper SSII tops)
2) Comes with regular doors (simular to new Bronco with soft top), but also comes with an easy install door insert (simular in look as the SSII) as well as fabric doors that work with the door inserts. Idea being it can still be a very comfortable daily driver, but if the weather looks great for a weekend trip, you can quickly and easily convert to the full Super Scout package.
3) Front end to resemble the iconic round headlight with plastic grill SSII look
4) Comes with off road package (larger wheels and tires - possibly a recessed area to mount a winch)
5) Seats are mud/water proof/resistant
6) Possibly better protected with LineX and/or water resistant dash
7) who has some ideas to add?.........

Check out the aftermarket Jeep doors in this short video. https://fb.watch/io13JQwdfG/
Could be a good fit for the Super Scout package in lieu of the ol' original Scout II soft door type??? Regular doors come off and throw these on for the weekend.

I am sure Scout will do a version of the Super Scout. This is a no brainer/slam dunk for Scout.

2) Comes with regular doors (simular to new Bronco with soft top), but also comes with an easy install door insert (simular in look as the SSII) as well as fabric doors that work with the door inserts. Idea being it can still be a very comfortable daily driver, but if the weather looks great for a weekend trip, you can quickly and easily convert to the full Super Scout package.
Looks like someone is doing this same idea, but with the Bronco.

Screenshot_20230317_183450_Facebook.jpg

I think there is little chance Scout Motors does a SSII version for quite some time. It took IH almost 10 years to come out with that version and it only lasted 2 years. Don't get me wrong, it was a very cool, unique truck. As long as the doors are made to be removed I'm sure a number of aftermarket companies will create soft doors in no time.
I think the ask here should be two-fold:
1. The rocker panels are designed to create a lip above the floor so that things don't/can't roll out.
That was the only reason the Scout needed to have those strange looking fiberglass panels. The Jeep CJ series already had that lip so there was no auxiliary panel that needed to be created.
2. Create bolt holes on the windshield to mount side mirrors

Reactions: R1TVT and J Alynn
I think there is little chance Scout Motors does a SSII version for quite some time. It took IH almost 10 years to come out with that version and it only lasted 2 years. Don't get me wrong, it was a very cool, unique truck. As long as the doors are made to be removed I'm sure a number of aftermarket companies will create soft doors in no time.
I think the ask here should be two-fold:
1. The rocker panels are designed to create a lip above the floor so that things don't/can't roll out.
That was the only reason the Scout needed to have those strange looking fiberglass panels. The Jeep CJ series already had that lip so there was no auxiliary panel that needed to be created.
2. Create bolt holes on the windshield to mount side mirrors
I think your second point is valid and if go a step further and recommend the mirrors be designed from the get go to mount off the front quarter panel or windshield-Like the new Bronco did. That solves the doors on/off issue right off the bat

Reactions: Bodie and Harris005
I think your second point is valid and if go a step further and recommend the mirrors be designed from the get go to mount off the front quarter panel or windshield-Like the new Bronco did. That solves the doors on/off issue right off the bat
It won't solve the issue unless there is a lip on the rocker that prevents items from rolling right out of the truck.

Reactions: Harris005
It won't solve the issue unless there is a lip on the rocker that prevents items from rolling right out of the truck.
I wasn’t questioning your first item- Sorry, should’ve clarified that. I agreed with that. I was just noting item 2 as the Bronco solved the mirrors/no door issue by never mounting them on the door to begin with.
Same issue the Wrangler has by putting the turn signal indicators on the fender flares. If you decide to add larger tires and any kind of poke now you have to pull the flares and go aftermarket with adding the turn signal. Just a headache/added $ the designers created without thinking about future mods.

Reactions: lefty and Harris005
That leads to another thought. While I don’t off-road and have minimal mods I would want to do I would hope for the following: with all the input Scout is getting from us to make the best vehicle to try and appeal to various demographics-I would hope they’d bring in some mod/aftermarket companies to troubleshoot things as we are discussing on this thread. How does a minor change in design simply future mods, reduce costs of mods and still make for an aesthetically pleasing EV-SUV? As said-doesn’t impact me but even Ford blew it on the Outerbanks Bronco because the step rail interferes with EVERY mudflap available except the ones with a hole molded in to slide over the end of the mudflap. That to me was a serious oversight for a very common add to any suv/truck. Shortening the step rail by roughly 1 to 2” would have made a huge impact.

• Love
Reactions: Harris005
Like the doors off look this has. Figuring out a way to have clean, finished off body lines like this when the doors are off would be nice. Added bonus would be having this door opening look with the ability to throw on some canvas (or or half) doors

Like the doors off look this has. Figuring out a way to have clean, finished off body lines like this when the doors are off would be nice. Added bonus would be having this door opening look with the ability to throw on some canvas (or or half) doors

Wonder if they could make a snap-in trim surround or something to cover the majority. I bet something could be figured out.
Love the look but obviously no way to install doors to meet safety.

I saw Kia's new dash had digital side mirrors (personally not a fan of the round look) and it got me thinking about a 2026 approach to the Super Scout set up. Maybe this could be an option for when the doors are off (assuming the Bronco mount style isn't used). This would reduce the risk of the mirrors getting hit on the trails. It also could have a wide angle lens that helps minimize blind spots.
1000006661.jpg

Reactions: J Alynn
I saw Kia's new dash had digital side mirrors (personally not a fan of the round look) and it got me thinking about a 2026 approach to the Super Scout set up. Maybe this could be an option for when the doors are off (assuming the Bronco mount style isn't used). This would reduce the risk of the mirrors getting hit on the trails. It also could have a wide angle lens that helps minimize blind spots.
View attachment 2379
I think this is a great idea. I would still prefer the Bronco approach just in case electronics fail. I think this is a great option though and would be better if it ties into blind trailer towing images there and the rearview mirror