So what does everyone think of the first new Scout designs...

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I love the apparent approach and departure angles on the vehicle. The minimalist styling and clean lines are very attractive. what I would really like to see is a resilient wheel design. one that steps the lip and the face of the wheel back from the scrub face of the tire. A UHMW replaceable rub ring on the wheel would be AWESOME. Something with contrasting color variants for the custom touch.
I like the top but honestly i don't think it needs to be entirely removable. I'd much rather have roof panels and rear windows that could be removed and stored internally with minimal volume expense. My jeeps have way too much volume waste internally and the roof panels on my hard top are bulky and cross structural sections of the roof. If you focus on being able to remove panels from the flattest sections only I think it would be awesome.
I am not a fan of the drip edge on the roof, it pulls back the modern intent of the vehicle and worse yet it reminds me of the attempt that Toyota did to try to capture vintage likeness in their incredibly ugly FJ Cruiser.
And lastly........ Colors..... I would like to see the original IH colors offered.... even if they are modern impressions of the colors.
Bumpers and Rock Rails for off road specific models? Winch mounting?

Don't forget about cargo space. My wife's RAV4 rear cargo space is 37.6 cubic feet (without folding down the rear back seats) which can fit, a collapsible pop up 10 by 10 Coleman canopy, a folding table, a tall 60 qt ice chest and a portable grill, plus bags of luggage. It makes trips to the beach amazing!! Help me give an excuse to my wife that we need to replace our current SUV for a 4 door Scout. That minimal rear window slant design looks to help with cargo space height.

Since I’ve admitted I’m new to EV’s I have no idea what is or isn’t needed mechanically in the “Frunk” but I’ve seen several requests for the hood to hinge at front like the original. I personally think the concept is cool but practicality is tough. Depending on how the frame of the SUV is built and also factoring in the swapable front grills, could the front face of the vehicle be built like a tailgate as well (see sketch). This would allow daily grocery shopping or medium sized coolers to slide in making the space more user friendly. I suspect front end collision protection will greatly impact this but is it possible?. Also thinking back to the Bollinger SUV and Pickup concepts that allowed 16’ long 2x’s to be through loaded at the floor level through the center. Just thinking!
If possible you would then have a front and rear tailgate depending on which direction you park-kids on one and adults on the other.

Attachments

• Scout hood.jpg
    Scout hood.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
Since I’ve admitted I’m new to EV’s I have no idea what is or isn’t needed mechanically in the “Frunk” but I’ve seen several requests for the hood to hinge at front like the original. I personally think the concept is cool but practicality is tough. Depending on how the frame of the SUV is built and also factoring in the swapable front grills, could the front face of the vehicle be built like a tailgate as well (see sketch). This would allow daily grocery shopping or medium sized coolers to slide in making the space more user friendly. I suspect front end collision protection will greatly impact this but is it possible?. Also thinking back to the Bollinger SUV and Pickup concepts that allowed 16’ long 2x’s to be through loaded at the floor level through the center. Just thinking!
If possible you would then have a front and rear tailgate depending on which direction you park-kids on one and adults on the other.
I really like that concept...it really goes outside of the box! But the main problem is the practicality. The rear opening hood just limits things too much. I would love for it to make it because it is very unique, but I personally prefer the practical things

Reactions: J Alynn
Careful with the low(ish) roofline and short(er) windows. Recalls a Hummer2 or 4Runner design in that respect. I feel like the generous glass line and interior visibility of the original models made them stand out and really “brought the outside in”, if that makes sense.

1. A Scout belongs in the wilderness so...as many camping features as you can think of. Others can make all the off-road claims but spend the money on enabling adventures not "destroy my vehicle" extreme trail driving.
2. Lay flat cargo area
3. Defender-like interior. Rugged yet refined with a nice blend of screens and physical knobs
4. Offer a portable solar charging accessory that is compatible / plug and play with Scout charging
5. Enable the front seats fold out of the way or somehow make the interior sleep-able. Also make them pivot around like the VW bus concept
6. Hose-it-down interior durability
7. Powered accessory plugs and lights and mounting points.....everywhere
8. At least as big as a bronco...preferably bigger
9. Air suspension
10. Base model should come with larger wheels and tires. No wimpy Scouts anywhere....ever. Every time I see a bronco with the entry-level wheel package it makes me not like the vehicle. NO SCOUT LEFT BEHIND on the "looking badass" category.

This is a great looking Scout. Makes me ask 2 questions as it relates to manufacturing
1-has the process for chroming improved in the past 30+ years? I love seeing the chrome and I’m sure bumpers could be designed to meet current safety standards. Maybe handles, headlight bezels, windshield frame? Just wondering others thoughts. Not sure what Audi uses on the A5 convertible but I know that windshield frame is chrome or chrome-like and always catches my eyes when I see one on the road.

2- with paint technology being what it is (my dad spent 20 years in purchasing at Sperry/New Holland farm equipment) and he was fascinated how paint technology improved to where he said you could virtually change the paint color between each vehicle based on the sprayers and exhausting/vacuum systems. Assuming he wasn’t bulls***ting me then why in the early 70’s could Scout offer so many color combinations but now manufactures don’t want the hassle. I realize there has to be a limit on colors (10-12 standard and 2-3 yearly specials ideally??) but why can’t removable roofs be a corresponding color within the standard colors. With factory automation those components are basically on call so why not change the game. As VWAG is parenting they offer the custom paint program at Audi. Id gladly shell out $1,000-$1,500 to be able to build my color components and chrome package and end up with a very limited looking Scout.
If not feasible in the large scale how about offering that package to the first year member buyers. That would really help the early adopters make a splash right out of the gate. Nissan managed to do some of that on their Juke (I think). Never liked the Juke but the individuality approach was awesome as a marketing tool.
Just thinking-cheaper than after market painting or stealth wrapping

Reactions: LastDayScout
This is a great looking Scout. Makes me ask 2 questions as it relates to manufacturing
1-has the process for chroming improved in the past 30+ years? I love seeing the chrome and I’m sure bumpers could be designed to meet current safety standards. Maybe handles, headlight bezels, windshield frame? Just wondering others thoughts. Not sure what Audi uses on the A5 convertible but I know that windshield frame is chrome or chrome-like and always catches my eyes when I see one on the road.

2- with paint technology being what it is (my dad spent 20 years in purchasing at Sperry/New Holland farm equipment) and he was fascinated how paint technology improved to where he said you could virtually change the paint color between each vehicle based on the sprayers and exhausting/vacuum systems. Assuming he wasn’t bulls***ting me then why in the early 70’s could Scout offer so many color combinations but now manufactures don’t want the hassle. I realize there has to be a limit on colors (10-12 standard and 2-3 yearly specials ideally??) but why can’t removable roofs be a corresponding color within the standard colors. With factory automation those components are basically on call so why not change the game. As VWAG is parenting they offer the custom paint program at Audi. Id gladly shell out $1,000-$1,500 to be able to build my color components and chrome package and end up with a very limited looking Scout.
If not feasible in the large scale how about offering that package to the first year member buyers. That would really help the early adopters make a splash right out of the gate. Nissan managed to do some of that on their Juke (I think). Never liked the Juke but the individuality approach was awesome as a marketing tool.
Just thinking-cheaper than after market painting or stealth wrapping

There are new more environmentally friendly Chrome treatments available now. Plus polishing methods that aren't a pure mirror finish, but close.

We will be pushing hard for multiple color choices. Yes, new factory paint systems can clean nozzles and paint a different color on each car coming down the line. In addition to Audi offering unique colors for an additional fee, Volkswagen offered a "spektrum" color program for the Golf R where it was available in any of these colors for an additional $2,500.

Large-8614-VolkswagenSpektrumProgramOffersCustomColorsfor2019GolfR.jpg

This did require some unique solutions at the factory to paint them this way, plus factories don't usually stock this many colors, so logistics are an issue.

Different colored roofs will depend on what our roof solution ends up being. Typically though, a contrast roof requires hand masking and additional paint process. You can see some of that with the new VW microbus called the ID Buzz:

Anyway, the team really wants to offer as many choices as we can, so let's see how things shake out. Meanwhile keep the suggestions coming and we'll keep feeding them to the team.

- jamie

There are new more environmentally friendly Chrome treatments available now. Plus polishing methods that aren't a pure mirror finish, but close.

We will be pushing hard for multiple color choices. Yes, new factory paint systems can clean nozzles and paint a different color on each car coming down the line. In addition to Audi offering unique colors for an additional fee, Volkswagen offered a "spektrum" color program for the Golf R where it was available in any of these colors for an additional $2,500.

View attachment 825

This did require some unique solutions at the factory to paint them this way, plus factories don't usually stock this many colors, so logistics are an issue.

Different colored roofs will depend on what our roof solution ends up being. Typically though, a contrast roof requires hand masking and additional paint process. You can see some of that with the new VW microbus called the ID Buzz:

Anyway, the team really wants to offer as many choices as we can, so let's see how things shake out. Meanwhile keep the suggestions coming and we'll keep feeding them to the team.

- jamie
Great video. I didn’t realize they were already building the I.d. Buzz. I thought that was another year out. That orange color was a great shade-could work on a new Scout too. To bright for me but I’ve considered orange on a couple cars in my past life.

Great video. I didn’t realize they were already building the I.d. Buzz. I thought that was another year out. That orange color was a great shade-could work on a new Scout too. To bright for me but I’ve considered orange on a couple cars in my past life.

The ID Buzz standard wheelbase is for sale in Europe. The U.S. version built in Chatanooga, TN won't be out for another year (but should be shown this year) and it will be a longer wheelbase version.

Reactions: J Alynn

View attachment 825

- jamie
Don't know how it works 🤯, but you might not need to tape it off.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors