Second Scout Teaser Image Released

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I’m not opposed to that front end overlay above but it feels a lot like a keep. Grill is just too similar

Agree...let's try some more...

Keep it vertical, get away from the Wrangler...

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 1.17.27 PM.png

Or a bit more Scout II...

Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 1.17.41 PM.png

I think they both look pretty cool. Excited to see where actual designers land. Certainly going to look a lot better than my Keynote image cropping skills :)

Wo

View attachment 598

View attachment 599

I think they both look pretty cool. Excited to see where actual designers land. Certainly going to look a lot better than my Keynote image cropping skills :)
Woah! Note sure how you pulled this off but these looking amazing in my opinion. Expect Scout signature instead of the international logo.

Definitely liking this direction better than your first pass-appreciate you spending the time to play around. Still gonna fight for a rounded corner square DRL around the round headlight to get it to stand out from the Broncos and the Wranglers.
Another great effort
thanks

View attachment 598

View attachment 599

I think these look great, but you can see the bumper goes much much lower. (don't get me wrong those look amazing i'm not criticizing your work)

Reactions: RubiReady
Haha - no worries man - I know it's nowhere close to accurate but I like to visualize these things.
Brah, do em all! I wanna see what the 76(my personal favorite) looks like.

All of these renders look great. Gets me EXCITED.

Where can I find more teaser pics?
Is this going to be avail with gas, hybrid and full EV?
I vote IFS and rear beam.... having come from three JK version wranglers I would never ago back to beam/beam.
The Bronco is a dream to drive on and off road.
I'd expect scout to be on par or better.

PLEASE have an prelaunch $99 reservation period for those of us that have major faith in VW :)
Heck just do $500 or $1000 and weed out the flippers.

Where can I find more teaser pics?
Is this going to be avail with gas, hybrid and full EV?
I vote IFS and rear beam.... having come from three JK version wranglers I would never ago back to beam/beam.
The Bronco is a dream to drive on and off road.
I'd expect scout to be on par or better.

PLEASE have an prelaunch $99 reservation period for those of us that have major faith in VW :)
Heck just do $500 or $1000 and weed out the flippers.

Welcome to the group. There is an FAQ that covers some of this, but the new Scout will be full EV only. You'll have to stay tuned on the suspension and axle situation, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I was an early reservation holder on the Bronco at one point and we all saw how well that went. Lesson learned and we'll do our best to avoid that problem. Also Chris and I are pushing to have an early reservation period for community members here. Let's see how that shakes out, but we're definitely thinking about all that. 🍺

Last edited:
Is there a rear teaser yet?

I'm no where near as talented as RubiReady with Photoshop, but to me this screams modern scout. I'm partial to the 80s, but I think something like this combines design cues from each. I think I'd be slightly disappointed if it takes all of its styling from the Scout II.

Attachments

• scout_2.png
    scout_2.png
    397.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
Reactions: Rustic_father
Is there a rear teaser yet?

I'm no where near as talented as RubiReady with Photoshop, but to me this screams modern scout. I'm partial to the 80s, but I think something like this combines design cues from each. I think I'd be slightly disappointed if it takes all of its styling from the Scout II.

No rear teaser yet. I think the taillamps and front grill/headlamps are going to be the final design pieces to lock in. Much of the overall silhouette is defined by the approach, departure and break-over angles, and Scout DNA. The most important (and probably most subjective) will be in the headlamps, grille, and tail lamps. So far, I've seen the current version in the front 3/4 view, and overall I'm excited with the direction things are headed.

No rear teaser yet. I think the taillamps and front grill/headlamps are going to be the final design pieces to lock in. Much of the overall silhouette is defined by the approach, departure and break-over angles, and Scout DNA. The most important (and probably most subjective) will be in the headlamps, grille, and tail lamps. So far, I've seen the current version in the front 3/4 view, and overall I'm excited with the direction things are headed.
Jamie, we'd be fine with you taking one for the team here and sharing! 😉

Brah, do em all! I wanna see what the 76(my personal favorite) looks like.

All of these renders look great. Gets me EXCITED.

Messing around with '76...shiny & chrome...

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 2.49.52 PM.png

And, while we are in chrome world - let's Travelall this thing...it only makes sense...

Screen Shot 2023-01-13 at 2.53.50 PM.png

Is it bad that I kinda like the Travelall one? Probably, but nevertheless, i do.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Messing around with '76...shiny & chrome...

View attachment 646

And, while we are in chrome world - let's Travelall this thing...it only makes sense...

View attachment 648

Is it bad that I kinda like the Travelall one? Probably, but nevertheless, i do.
I actually kind of like the travelall as well. I like these both and really like the chrome look. The more defined square around circle is what I’ve been hoping to see and these just look Scout to me. Nice job. Wonder how we feet chrome grill and even better-chrome bumpers. 😀

Reactions: RubiReady
Here is a off road Baja 500 race version

Attachments

• BAJA.jpg
    BAJA.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 18
Scout Baja rear view

Attachments

• baja back.jpg
    baja back.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 15
Mwmassie- thanks for your continued designs. I know I get a kick out of them. That said I was staring at your rendering attached and realized how well you managed to modernize a Scout II and really capture the essence-even with the 4 doors. It made me realize again how ahead of their time the Scouts really were. Truth be told it really isn’t that modernized as I stare at them but you just worked it enough to remind how great the round of Scouts were.

Attachments

• IMG_4397.PNG
    IMG_4397.PNG
    235.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4395.PNG
    IMG_4395.PNG
    273.2 KB · Views: 11