Second Scout Teaser Image Released

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Just 1 opinion, but having any sort of physical "grill" structure would seem odd with an EV truck, and likely create drag, reducing efficiency on-road. You will want to have as much efficiency and aerodynamics as possible on the new Scout, despite being off-road capable. Not everyone lives at the trailhead, and for Scout to be successful, the truck will likely need to be efficient both on and off-road. I think this is where the R1T shines. Consumers will also compare EPA ratings on EV's

All of that said, somehow replicating the Travelall, International or Scout "grill shape" / logo as DRL or LED design across the front would be more aerodynamic. When illuminated the "grill shape" would look really cool between the rounded lights, and appear like a grill as a DRL. Also, if that front section can lift upwards with the hood assembly (in one-piece) to allow for easy access to the forward storage locker, that would be pretty nice too. Rivian's forward locker or frunk is awesome, but the Ford lightening's design which incorporates the grill and hood assembly together for easier access is a nice feature... Eliminate the need for lifting a full cooler of beers and ice up and over the grill. Not sure what Scout has in mind, and maybe that is already decided. I could see that Travelall design working well for the the DRL. One thing owners will want on the front for a design like that would be PPF. The R1T nose is a bug catcher.

Just 1 opinion, but having any sort of physical "grill" structure would seem odd with an EV truck, and likely create drag, reducing efficiency on-road. You will want to have as much efficiency and aerodynamics as possible on the new Scout, despite being off-road capable. Not everyone lives at the trailhead, and for Scout to be successful, the truck will likely need to be efficient both on and off-road. I think this is where the R1T shines. Consumers will also compare EPA ratings on EV's

All of that said, somehow replicating the Travelall, International or Scout "grill shape" / logo as DRL or LED design across the front would be more aerodynamic. When illuminated the "grill shape" would look really cool between the rounded lights, and appear like a grill as a DRL. Also, if that front section can lift upwards with the hood assembly (in one-piece) to allow for easy access to the forward storage locker, that would be pretty nice too. Rivian's forward locker or frunk is awesome, but the Ford lightening's design which incorporates the grill and hood assembly together for easier access is a nice feature... Eliminate the need for lifting a full cooler of beers and ice up and over the grill. Not sure what Scout has in mind, and maybe that is already decided. I could see that Travelall design working well for the the DRL. One thing owners will want on the front for a design like that would be PPF. The R1T nose is a bug catcher.
I don't think it will be a function grill....it would be the same as the Ford mustang Mach-E's grill. Also the Original Tesla model S had a "grill"....it would be just a style astetic to pay omage to the original design.

Additionally there will are some design methods that can use air channeling or pockets that can reduce the Trag of a flat surface.

I don't think it will be a function grill....it would be the same as the Ford mustang Mach-E's grill. Also the Original Tesla model S had a "grill"....it would be just a style astetic to pay omage to the original design.

Additionally there will are some design methods that can use air channeling or pockets that can reduce the Trag of a flat surface.
I will say if the grill becomes something made of lights and not a decorative grill that has a vintage feel-I’m out. This is a vehicle with heritage ties and Rivian is a brand new truck/suv. The Scout should not be modern to that extend.
Other threads have expressed interchangeable grills to make the front customizable to buyers and I think this is a critical image move. Scout has the chance to be a new EV with a heritage following and that is what will make it stand out from other EV’s

I was an early reservation holder on the Bronco at one point and we all saw how well that went. Lesson learned and we'll do our best to avoid that problem. Also Chris and I are pushing to have an early reservation period for community members here. Let's see how that shakes out, but we're definitely thinking about all that. 🍺
Somehow I missed this a couple weeks ago, but 🍻 here’s to anything Scout can do to improve on the low bar that Ford set with the Bronco rollout. And an early res period for those around here sounds like a nice start!

Agreed, and this is what I was trying to convey by saying something "grill-shaped" with the option of illuminating all or part of it to highlight the unique heritage aspects of the Scout brand. I would actually be shocked if there wasn't some form of DRL or lighting incorporated with whatever the "grill form" evolves into. The pointy end of the truck presents the biggest opportunity for OEM's to distinguish themselves from other brands, so if Scout is in this for the long game and to sell trucks, the front end is sure to get a lot of attention from the design and engineering teams. Making a nice nod to the heritage will be invaluable, as noted, and should create an incredible opportunity for the Scout team. Designing a front end that just looks like identical to an old Scout grill, but is more aerodynamic and has venting, won't cut it. You will have some hand-waving from a small base that wants the new Scout to be as close to the old Scout as possible, but at the end of the day, the potential addressable market for Scout moving forward is comprised of a much bigger audience (if we are being honest). Since a grill is a requirement for ICE, EV manufacturers benefit from having this new white space. If you are parked in the woods camping, you could actually re-purpose the DRL's or LEDs at night to work as spots or to shine upwards (for example) to highlight a canopy of trees overhead, or onto the ground for lighting effects while you pitch your tent. Obviously endless options here for the design team to take advantage of with modern technology. This is a really interesting read on the subject: https://www.fastcompany.com/90820001/golden-age-car-headlight-design

Agreed, and this is what I was trying to convey by saying something "grill-shaped" with the option of illuminating all or part of it to highlight the unique heritage aspects of the Scout brand. I would actually be shocked if there wasn't some form of DRL or lighting incorporated with whatever the "grill form" evolves into. The pointy end of the truck presents the biggest opportunity for OEM's to distinguish themselves from other brands, so if Scout is in this for the long game and to sell trucks, the front end is sure to get a lot of attention from the design and engineering teams. Making a nice nod to the heritage will be invaluable, as noted, and should create an incredible opportunity for the Scout team. Designing a front end that just looks like identical to an old Scout grill, but is more aerodynamic and has venting, won't cut it. You will have some hand-waving from a small base that wants the new Scout to be as close to the old Scout as possible, but at the end of the day, the potential addressable market for Scout moving forward is comprised of a much bigger audience (if we are being honest). Since a grill is a requirement for ICE, EV manufacturers benefit from having this new white space. If you are parked in the woods camping, you could actually re-purpose the DRL's or LEDs at night to work as spots or to shine upwards (for example) to highlight a canopy of trees overhead, or onto the ground for lighting effects while you pitch your tent. Obviously endless options here for the design team to take advantage of with modern technology. This is a really interesting read on the subject: https://www.fastcompany.com/90820001/golden-age-car-headlight-design

I can't even begin to tell you how many variations of the front end have already been rendered by our design team. It was bad enough that the Scout II had so many different grills. Everyone's favorite is usually different. If you look at where the Scout II was headed in the 80's we'd be having an even more complicated discussion. Good news is that our execs have no problem telling the designers when it isn't there yet. Probably one of those we'll know it when we see it things. A modern take on a heritage design is always tricky and usually has a few compromises.

I think Dodge's electric Daytona SRT did a great job blending the classic and modern specifically in the front fascia and grill. They managed to keep the depth and layering while also adding modern elements and avoiding the bland EV flat front. I don't know for sure but it appears they built aerodynamic elements into the design (looking at the way the hood dips into the back of the grill). I'm confident we will get a good mix.

cn022-008dgufbs6fdi6mmib5grii8ka4gp4-1660766649.jpg

Reactions: Harris005
I think Dodge's electric Daytona SRT did a great job blending the classic and modern specifically in the front fascia and grill. They managed to keep the depth and layering while also adding modern elements and avoiding the bland EV flat front. I don't know for sure but it appears they built aerodynamic elements into the design (looking at the way the hood dips into the back of the grill). I'm confident we will get a good mix.

I’m generally not a Dodge fan but I saw this several weeks ago and think it may be one of their best designs. Captured the spirit, still says FAST, great proportions and just sleek enough to be Modern without losing the nod to the past. Great example

It looks like they incorporated the grill into a simple air channel pass through that gives the illusion of the same grill while maintaining a more aerodynamic face...it also likely acts as a front-spoiler