Second Scout Teaser Image Released

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
It's very exciting to see this. I think it will be fascinating as the details emerge on the final styling, as well as the capabilities. Beyond range/etc, I think it's interesting to wonder if it's a two row or three row vehicle, and what some of the potential features will be.

It's a very exciting time that I thought we'd never see again!

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
It's very exciting to see this. I think it will be fascinating as the details emerge on the final styling, as well as the capabilities. Beyond range/etc, I think it's interesting to wonder if it's a two row or three row vehicle, and what some of the potential features will be.

It's a very exciting time that I thought we'd never see again!

Agree completely. Keep in mind Scout has two more years to see how both battery technology and software improves.

Reactions: J Alynn and Derek
Looking forward to more info. Excited to see what VW does with the Scout. My Dad had a 1978 Scout II. Our garage has a Mk7.5 GTI and an ID.4. Waiting on a Mk8 Golf R since October 2021. The Scout could be the replacement for the Golf R (assuming it ever gets here)

Looking forward to more info. Excited to see what VW does with the Scout. My Dad had a 1978 Scout II. Our garage has a Mk7.5 GTI and an ID.4. Waiting on a Mk8 Golf R since October 2021. The Scout could be the replacement for the Golf R (assuming it ever gets here)

Wouldn't mind a Golf R personally. Such a sleeper... Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Can't wait to see the full design direction! I get these teaser images are the way all companies are going now but so far so good! Looks Scout-ish! No pressure on the design team! :p

• Haha
Start with the positive - Clearance! Looks great. I'm not smart enough to know about the mechanics of EV vehicles. But there are no lower control arms, differentials, axles visible.

Negative - Hate the integrated roof rail. Reminds me too much of the crossovers that clutter up the roadway. It also implies that the roof is being designed as static/fixed.

Some will say the the roof needs to be removable. But if it is fixed than a panoramic sunroof is expected. Of course, that will limit the roof top capacity and will likely eliminate a RTT as an option.

It's tough to judge from a shadow, but I am unable to discern the eAxle type from what I see. I anticipate Jeep's Rubicon-like EV with have beams at front and rear, while the existing Bronco ICE has IFS and rear Beam with multilinks. A leaf spring supported beam seems archaic. A beam up front is a polarizing debate, yet it helps define the DNA of the product, including ride quality, articulation, and unsprung mass effects. Would be good to start a thread on beam vs independent suspension points of view among enthusiasts. Many already know that an eDrive on IFS/IRS is "easier", but it may not suit the DNA of the Scout and its history.

It's tough to judge from a shadow, but I am unable to discern the eAxle type from what I see. I anticipate Jeep's Rubicon-like EV with have beams at front and rear, while the existing Bronco ICE has IFS and rear Beam with multilinks. A leaf spring supported beam seems archaic. A beam up front is a polarizing debate, yet it helps define the DNA of the product, including ride quality, articulation, and unsprung mass effects. Would be good to start a thread on beam vs independent suspension points of view among enthusiasts. Many already know that an eDrive on IFS/IRS is "easier", but it may not suit the DNA of the Scout and its history.

I wouldn't read too much into the teaser yet. This is an early concept the designers have put together and it isn't likely mechanically complete. Not confirming or denying it one way or another but just pointing out not to dissect the image too much. :)

I wouldn't read too much into the teaser yet. This is an early concept the designers have put together and it isn't likely mechanically complete. Not confirming or denying it one way or another but just pointing out not to dissect the image too much. :)
Agree Jamie, but it still would be interesting to see where the community stands on IFS/beam, beam/beam, or IFS/IRS.

Agree Jamie, but it still would be interesting to see where the community stands on IFS/beam, beam/beam, or IFS/IRS.
Beam beam. Preferably something based off a standard axle that mounts a motor to the diff cover bolts, so that you can use standard readily available parts should you need to do a repair in BFE

I vote beam. The JL Jeep is comfy, I don't care what people say.

And people will appreciate the cheaper lifts and shocks.

I hate to be the fly in the soup, but I'm compelled to ask this question: Why is there such a strong desire to have Scout design their vehicles to directly compete with the Jeep Wrangler? Recounting my experiences with different Wrangler models, it is a vehicle that is primarily designed for off-road use. Its characteristics lend itself very well to adventures off the paved road; however, these same traits inhibit the ride and functional qualities on the road and highways. I haven't experienced the new Bronco, but I can't imagine it's that much better than the Wrangler in this regard.

I feel that Scout Motors should focus on mainstream appeal with the first two models (SUV and Pickup), then offer variations such as removal roofs later on. Initially offering a product that emulates niche products like the new Hummers and Wranglers and Broncos doesn't seem like the greatest idea of those are the only vehicles you have as a standalone brand.

Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: Porscha356
So our designers have released a second teaser image of a Scout concept...

View attachment 17

Clean lines, wide stance and aggressive looks. Let us know what you think!

I like the detail in the hood, it's a great tribute to the original. The roof rack tells me the roof is not removable, which is a huge concern.

I think that style roof rack is far too plain for a rugged off-roader. If there will be a roof rack it should be more stout looking with easy mounting of rooftop accessories like lights and tents. the typical style of roof rack available on most SUVs are generally replaced by owners who want to utilize the roof for accessories.

JCR off road makes very low profile and nice looking basket style roof racks that would be incredible if offered as an option.

I'm hoping the fenders being higher than the hood are factory-installed accessory mounts.

I'm really hoping to see square headlights with rounded corners instead of the classic round headlights. Detail like that in the lights will set it apart from the other off-roaders. Circular lights look great, but at this point there are too many retro-styled vehicles with them. Something with more style will immediately make the others look antiquated.

Reactions: J Alynn
I hate to be the fly in the soup, but I'm compelled to ask this question: Why is there such a strong desire to have Scout design their vehicles to directly compete with the Jeep Wrangler? Recounting my experiences with different Wrangler models, it is a vehicle that is primarily designed for off-road use. Its characteristics lend itself very well to adventures off the paved road; however, these same traits inhibit the ride and functional qualities on the road and highways. I haven't experienced the new Bronco, but I can't imagine it's that much better than the Wrangler in this regard.

I feel that Scout Motors should focus on mainstream appeal with the first two models (SUV and Pickup), then offer variations such as removal roofs later on. Initially offering a product that emulates niche products like the new Hummers and Wranglers and Broncos doesn't seem like the greatest idea of those are the only vehicles you have as a standalone brand.

Just my humble opinion.
Just what we need, another mainstream SUV... Why compete in a market that's already over-crowded when there's another hot market with minimal competition?