Scout Swag

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
”Hey, I found a dead mouse in my ‘Scout’, Eh… that means you owe me a free case of beer.” … never mind a Truck Named Sue was a Barn Find.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
As a Chevy truck guy, their Chevy Legends program is on point. I signed myself up and periodically have gotten playing cards, coasters, a baseball hat, a coffee mug, and a collection of stickers for the truck. 200,000 mile club and "__ Chevy Trucks Owned".

And it's completely free.

When we bought my son a 2005 Silverado, i signed him up, and suddenly he gets swag in the mail.

Today we got umbrellas.

Read that note. They're building believers. They're saying a truck is not a truck. It's a tradition. You are a certain kind of person.

And Scout should do the same. Jeep, Bronco, Mustang, etc., these ravenous fanbases... the companies are missing out on establishing the identity.

Attachments

• 20230128_164523.jpg
    20230128_164523.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 17
As a Chevy truck guy, their Chevy Legends program is on point. I signed myself up and periodically have gotten playing cards, coasters, a baseball hat, a coffee mug, and a collection of stickers for the truck. 200,000 mile club and "__ Chevy Trucks Owned".

And it's completely free.

When we bought my son a 2005 Silverado, i signed him up, and suddenly he gets swag in the mail.

Today we got umbrellas.

Read that note. They're building believers. They're saying a truck is not a truck. It's a tradition. You are a certain kind of person.

And Scout should do the same. Jeep, Bronco, Mustang, etc., these ravenous fanbases... the companies are missing out on establishing the identity.
That's fantastic, @IdahoJOAT! Great advice. What a way to create "raving fans".

It's amazing how big these little things are.

Reactions: Harris005
Nice shirt on Blipshift today
the-ih-factor-detail_1000x1000.jpg

https://www.blipshift.com/products/the-ih-factor

just saw these on Bronco6G
I think we need one just like this but with Scout images, original date (reminding everyone who was truly first) and then maybe the new/modified catch phrase

“Scouts go first-Scouts come back”

And maybe a slightly more terracotta red or whatever color the new Scout logo will be.

Not even asking for free-would just be cool if SM got something out for us to start showing off

Attachments

• Scout t-shirts.PNG
    Scout t-shirts.PNG
    108.3 KB · Views: 9
just saw these on Bronco6G
I think we need one just like this but with Scout images, original date (reminding everyone who was truly first) and then maybe the new/modified catch phrase

“Scouts go first-Scouts come back”

And maybe a slightly more terracotta red or whatever color the new Scout logo will be.

Not even asking for free-would just be cool if SM got something out for us to start showing off
Awesome. Great idea. It'd be a cool addition to your idea to have a front left embroided chest "Scout forum" or "scout motors community" or something like that for everyone that's here to be extra special.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
I like just using the forum logo itself:

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 2.15.24 PM.png

Keeps the shirt from feeling too busy, and it's the most direct reference possible. You can tell it's Scout Motors and not SCOUT Bags because of the typography anyway.

Alternatively, there's a fairly common design I've seen on car t-shirts, where you get a row of the distinguishing elements of each generation's front fascia. So maybe just an outline of the headlights and grille from a few Scouts leading up to the modern EV on the front. Then throw a small Scout Community badge at the top of the back, near the neckline.

Reactions: LastDayScout
Me too, man!

I was today years old when I learned what a touque was! :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile, while we're waiting... ;)
Mon héritage est canadien. Votre commentaire sur la tuque réveille ma préoccupation selon laquelle SM doit tenir compte de notre climat nordique dans sa conception. Pour nous, le tout-terrain comprend également le simple fait de se rendre au travail ou à l'école dans la neige, la glace, la gadoue et -20 °C. Veuillez concevoir en conséquence pour nous qui vivons des deux côtés du 49e parallèle. Trouvez un moyen de faire fonctionner ces capteurs lorsque la glace se plaque sur le nez et que les passages de roue se remplissent d'iceberg. Les pneus étroits fonctionnent mieux sur la glace.

Mon héritage est canadien. Votre commentaire sur la tuque réveille ma préoccupation selon laquelle SM doit tenir compte de notre climat nordique dans sa conception. Pour nous, le tout-terrain comprend également le simple fait de se rendre au travail ou à l'école dans la neige, la glace, la gadoue et -20 °C. Veuillez concevoir en conséquence pour nous qui vivons des deux côtés du 49e parallèle. Trouvez un moyen de faire fonctionner ces capteurs lorsque la glace se plaque sur le nez et que les passages de roue se remplissent d'iceberg. Les pneus étroits fonctionnent mieux sur la glace.
We aren’t all bilingual on here. 😀 and I haven’t had French class since 1990 😂

We aren’t all bilingual on here. 😀 and I haven’t had French class since 1990 😂
As someone who only speaks English, I'm pretty sure I can work out most of the meaning just from similarities in etymology, and assuming no false cognates.

Mon héritage est canadien
Practically English

Votre commentaire sur la tuque réveille ma préoccupation selon laquelle SM doit tenir compte de notre climat nordique dans sa conception.
your comment ... the tuque reveals my preoccupation ... something Scout Motors something north climate something conception.

So I guess very loosely, it's probably saying something along the lines of 'your comment about the tuque brings up my worries about how Scout Motors design keeps in mind the climate in Canada'?

Words like tout-terrain, glace, conséquence, 49e parallèle, fonctionner are totally guessable too with no direct knowledge of French.

I'll try the last sentence too:
Les pneus étroits fonctionnent mieux sur la glace.
pneus makes me think pneumatic, like air suspension or tires or something. Some specific type of tires function on the "glace", and there's no way glace doesn't mean ice. I would guess snow tires function on the ice, but the word "étroits" wasn't in the list of bad weather outcomes at -20C ("la neige, la glace, la gadoue"), so it must be some other property of the tire. It reminds me of the name of the city Detroit, which I know means strait, so I'd then speculate it means the tire is appropriate for fording water or the tire is narrow. Can't be for water, since it is talking about ice, so it must be narrow? :geek:

Final guess: narrow tires work well on ice?

To heck with this, I'm going to Google Translate instead.

Last edited: