Scout Design Team Feedback V1

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Maybe try to conceal the charge port from an aesthetics standpoint? I think Tesla's charge door is pretty slick. I liked when the gas fill was hidden behind the license plate on old cars which makes me think about the front license plate.

DO NOT MAKE ME DRILL HOLES INTO THE BODY OF MY BRAND NEW SCOUT TO INSTALL THE FRONT LICENSE PLATE! Definitely don't deliver it already done either.

The Bronco front plate design does that (and looks stupid). My Cadillac is also like that and it was delivered with 2 holes drilled into the plastic bumper courtesy of the dealer.

PA does not. I say they mold 4 little dimples so states that don’t need them have less noticeable “holes”. I also don’t want dealers slapping on a dealer plate if the dealer route is used.
Or, a multi mount solution. Maybe the bumper could accommodate different accessories that mount the same way but maybe in different locations. A license plate, or rod holders, or lights, or you name it.

Reactions: J Alynn
I'll start by saying that I'm interested in the truck version. It obviously looks to be a 4-door truck which should be an obvious must, but hey, you never know.

1. Legit retro-styling, please don't half ass this! Start with the original Scout inside and out and make it slightly more aero and modern and stop, it will evolve over time, but you have one shot to get it right out of the gate. Less is more.

2. Mid-size truck, not a full size as someone else mentioned before. There are plenty of full size options on the market and that mid-size with a slightly stretched cab with the most interior leg room in the market would be great. Bench seats would be cool!

3. Ability to tow something small at least, small camper 20ft boat range, maybe a 1965 Pontiac GTO, not to be too specific. If more great!

4. Someone mentioned solar charging and I think that would be epic as there have been some attempts and I'm not in the industry, but don't understand why all electric vehicles don't have solar charging roof panels?!

5. Don't make it only AWD! It seems more and more vehicles are either 2WD or AWD, why can't we have the option to switch to 2wd when we want more range and AWD/4WD when needed?

6. Storage and power in the bed and frunk. A cooler would be nice too.

7. A minimum of 300 mile range.

8. A good tonneau cover and tie down setup. The Ford Sport Trac did this very well especially on the later model 2008-2010. Tonneau can open from front or rear.

9. Power rear window that completely rolls down another thing done right on the late model Ford Sport Trac.

10. Integrated step in the rear tail gate. The customer base that has an affinity for the originals like myself is older and that would be appreciated.

Overall, I am very interested and watching the truck model closely. I currently own a 2010 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin V8 AWD for daily driving duties and will replace it with this as long as it's done right. I don't need too many bells and whistles and with only 84k on the clock am not in a rush, but I will put down a deposit for a 1st Edition if this comes to fruition and isn't just screwed up.

Last edited:
Top 10 wish list
  1. Removable top
  2. Durable/washable interior
  3. 300ish mile range or some kind of swappable battery where you could bring an extra along to get home from camping or maybe some kind of solar charging capability?
  4. Tactile internal buttons for HVAC/radio/etc (touchscreens are difficult on bumpy roads)
  5. Saw this on someone else's list and loved it - Extremely affordable bare-bones model
  6. Tailgate with lift glass
  7. Round headlights
  8. Fun colors, maybe even decals
  9. Many aftermarket add-ons to personalize
  10. Built in storage for tools/gear/maybe drinks

1. Retro styling, same design language as the 72-80 Scout II. Standard 7" round headlights, simple column tail lights with simple, separate square side markers. Would be nice if bulbs were all industry standardized.

2. Personally I'd like 2-door, 100 inch wheelbase. But I understand the cost benefit analysis there. So I'd like no more than 117 inch wheelbase on the SUV model

3. No less than 30 degree approach and departure angles

4. I don't want absurd power levels like the Rivian or Hummer. I'd rather have 400-450 ft lb of torque if it means MORE RANGE. This should be enough for most people. It's called a SCOUT. Give us the range to go SCOUT areas out, not power to drag race.

5. For offroad trim, 35 inch tires with no more than 17 inch rims. Winch-ready bumper and recovery points front and rear.

6. Coil suspension front and rear, high quality shocks on offroad trim.

7. Full size spare tire on the tail gate on SUV model.

8. I'd like to see a "stripper" model. Absolutely no fancy software, drive modes, cameras... only what's legally required.

9. Body-on-frame preferred.

Reactions: Harris005 and Bodie
*Convertible at launch, but not that soft top atrocity they have on the Bronco. Hard top modularity would be great.
*electric rear window similar to a 4-runner if hard top only.
*long wheelbase.
*four wheel independent motors
*long range
*option for solar accessory, or built in
*Quick charge at 110v

Reactions: Harris005
1. Reasonably priced; I understand the fact that there is a premium for electric vehicles and fully get it and support it. But other companies selling their truck & SUV for +$75000 is too much

2. Service, service, service. Easy access to service centers across the country.

3. Options for accessories, first party and after market.

4. No excessive upcharge for colors other than black & white.

5. Tire & wheel size options

4. A top notch sound system

5. USB-C power and input ports... Forget USB-A please!

6. Power outlet in "trunk"/bed

7. A decent phone app for both iOS AND Android.

Simple, DON'T make it electric. Offer a V8, and offer inline 6. Straight axles front and rear, offer manual trans for all engines and models. Removable top, offer T-tops. Removable side doors. Offer a lifted model. Offer a retro style model. Offer a supercharger for V8 model. Chrome! Make it like they used to, big sticking out chrome door handles, and chrome bumpers. Badges, use real badges! None of that sticker crap, badges that screw onto the body and stick out a little, just like the ones on old classic cars.

1. Air suspension
2. upfitter switches
3. different off-road modes
4. On board 120v inverter
5. On board air compressor
6. Dual motors with lockers or quad motors
7. 300+ range
8. 150+kw charge rage
9. fold flat rear seats.
10. Rubber floor- washable

Removable top.
Minimalist option with ability to upgrade to taste and needs
Lightweight exterior body panels made of aluminum or fiberglass attached to a sturdy inner layer. The exterior "skin" can be replaced easily if cracked or scratched.

Reactions: Harris005
So -Sadly I was watching Transformers last night (background noise-like 8-9th time I’ve “watched” it)
You can guess where this is going but if they make more Transformer movies or say Jurassic Park-would be awesome to see a Scout in either of them. Just say’n……
Could be a pre-production version

Its interesting reading these design and feature requests (in the context of the R1T). In terms of the truck, people are basically looking for a more minimalist version of the Rivian R1T (which checks most of the above boxes) with the following differences or modifications or options:

1. Coil over suspension instead of Air or as option
2. Smaller wheel sizes to accommodate taller sidewalls / beefier tires
3. Removable roof instead of full glass / panorama
4. Less focus on SW/Infotainment, more focus on support for apps and Apple CP and Android Auto
5. Greater ability to modify components / enable mods with 3rd party accessories
6. Solar Tonneau or Roof panels, perhaps as an upgrade or option
7. Slightly more retro styling & retro paint choices to honor Scout legacy color schemes

Generally speaking, a slightly simpler configuration could help reduce costs for things like suspension, for example, that could also reduce ownership costs and service costs (over longer time frames). Looking forward to see how Scout differentiates itself with some of these design and feature considerations. Lots of potential here.

Its interesting reading these design and feature requests (in the context of the R1T). In terms of the truck, people are basically looking for a more minimalist version of the Rivian R1T (which checks most of the above boxes) with the following differences or modifications or options:

1. Coil over suspension instead of Air or as option
2. Smaller wheel sizes to accommodate taller sidewalls / beefier tires
3. Removable roof instead of full glass / panorama
4. Less focus on SW/Infotainment, more focus on support for apps and Apple CP and Android Auto
5. Greater ability to modify components / enable mods with 3rd party accessories
6. Solar Tonneau or Roof panels, perhaps as an upgrade or option
7. Slightly more retro styling & retro paint choices to honor Scout legacy color schemes

Generally speaking, a slightly simpler configuration could help reduce costs for things like suspension, for example, that could also reduce ownership costs and service costs (over longer time frames). Looking forward to see how Scout differentiates itself with some of these design and feature considerations. Lots of potential here.
That really is pretty spot on. The one item I just thought of is a bed extender. I use mine in my Sport Trac all the time, though I would like to see it be able to slide out instead of flip out like the typical bed extender. It would also work as a bed divider if able to slide towards the cab!

The best ideas are already here but I want to echo a water/mud proof interior and removable all-weather floor mats and liners for the passenger areas, trunk/storage, and truck bed.

I'd have you reproduce the 800 Sportop, but that's just me. :)

1. Removable top and doors. Have the mirrors mounted on the A-pillar
  2. Swaybar disconnect drastically improves the offroad ability
  3. Front and rear lockers
  4. As others stated, fun colors
  5. Easter eggs throughout to pay homage to the traditional scout 80/800/II
    1. Coordinates of Forte Wayne, Salute to Ted Orans, Jimmy Ray Jones
  6. Modularity
  7. Gunners hatch and removable side rear windows
  8. Retro design in the interior
  9. The front end is what will make the Scout standout, this will be an important detail
  10. Bench Seats, easily removable rear seats as allows more room for camping