Owner Maintenance

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

HattoriHanzoAxleshaft

1st Year Member
Most current Scout owners are used to crawling into the engine bay & taking care of a lot of their own maintenance and repairs... From a simple belt replacement to SOA conversions, we like to get our hands dirty on our own machines.

I understand BEV's are a totally different critter when it comes to energy storage & power use, there's going to be little chance we'll be able to swap in a more powerful factory motor on our own vs. an ICE... or upgrade the batteries ourselves when better options come available.

Will there be more for the average shade-tree mechanic to do than top off the coolant & change the wiper blades? New vehicles obviously shouldn't need much in the realm of repair, but having a hands-on relationship is par for the course for most Scout owners I've had the pleasure to know.

I hear you. But you are right, there are a whole lot fewer moving parts in a BEV. I wouldn't doubt there will be aftermarket modifications for these things down the road. Plus things like suspension should still have the ability to be tweaked. Have to see what the engineers come up with first.

Yes. Please. I want actual buttons not touch screens that fail as soon as the warranty expires . Brakes I can change without a computer reset. A simple mechanical suspension I can modify not a dial a ride setting that will fail. Remember. Less is more with Scouts. If you want all the cushy stuff go buy your overpriced unimpressive Land Rover , Infiniti or Benz that’ll never see off road. https://scoutmotors.community.forum...yone-think-of-the-first-new-scout-designs.11/

Most current Scout owners are used to crawling into the engine bay & taking care of a lot of their own maintenance and repairs... From a simple belt replacement to SOA conversions, we like to get our hands dirty on our own machines.

I understand BEV's are a totally different critter when it comes to energy storage & power use, there's going to be little chance we'll be able to swap in a more powerful factory motor on our own vs. an ICE... or upgrade the batteries ourselves when better options come available.

Will there be more for the average shade-tree mechanic to do than top off the coolant & change the wiper blades? New vehicles obviously shouldn't need much in the realm of repair, but having a hands-on relationship is par for the course for most Scout owners I've had the pleasure to know.

The biggest thing to remember is that BEVs do not need the constant maintenance that ICE vehicles do. I have owned my Tesla for 2 years now and i have not gone to the shop for any maintenance. I have filled wiper fluid and changed some tires because i got a screw in the sidewall but other than that there is nothing else to do.

i'm happy to say my blinker fluid is also still topped off.

There is a specific youtube channel out there you might want to check out: Rich Rebuilds he started out repairing a flooded tesla, and then has had fun with doing other fun things with EVs...even converting a Tesla into having a V8. But the main moral of the story is that you can do everything you want to an EV...you just need to know and understand that there is High voltage, once you know where it comes from and disconnect it you can do almost anything.

Aside from the battery pack and motor(s), an EV is just like any other vehicle and you will be able to work on the suspension, wheels, drive train etc.

I think i have seen a lot of support from this forum so i hope that Scout motors will make sure that many of the parts will beable to be modified or replaced by after market components....so it seems like you potentially can do a lot.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
I've used my brakes maybe 20 times to stop in my R1T in 10 months, so don't plan on a lot of brake maintenance. With Regen and high torque values, and if you like tinkering in your garage, I would think you might want to rotate your Scout tires more frequently. So, having a good jack, or in the case of Rivian, having a set of these for your mechanic https://jackpucks.com/products/copy...for-rivian-r1t-r1s-free-shipping-shipping-now might be a good thing. Will have to see how Scout deploys the battery, as there are considerations for lifting the vehicle as an EV. All in all, you may be disappointed if you want to get all greasy though.

As others have pointed out, battery vehicles seem to have less maintenance than even modern cars. We are actively discussing supporting the aftermarket/mods/offroad as much as possible when planning the vehicle, so that is very much on our radar. I think once our technical platform is announced, there will be some happy campers. 🍺