New England Region

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

AGuyAndHisDog

1st Year Member
Dec 12, 2022
New England Scout owners and enthusiasts, let's hear who's out there.

To be clear... New England = Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island

Let us know where in New England you are and what you're driving (or hope to be driving someday).

Driving a Ford...1964 Scout 80 is the project truck. I just moved to Maine last year, and had to leave the Scout behind in Phoenix. As soon as it becomes affordable to ship it here, I'll get Mabel back into the garage, and get her running again etc. It was running/driving when I left Phoenix...

Anyway...Norway Maine here.

Reactions: AGuyAndHisDog

To be clear... New England = Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island

Let us know where in New England you are and what you're driving (or hope to be driving someday).
I'm in Waterbury Connecticut. I drive (almost 12,000 miles this year!) a '72 Scout 2 345 automatic. I made Brimfield this year.

Reactions: AGuyAndHisDog
I'm in Waterbury Connecticut. I drive (almost 12,000 miles this year!) a '72 Scout 2 345 automatic. I made Brimfield this year.
I would have loved to go to that but I was traveling for work that week. Hopefully they do it again in 2023!

New to Scout, other than almost buying a 1979 "Scout something" with a 304/360ish as a plow truck. Missed out on the fun of new style with the Bronco, very interested in the design from VW (the Atlas is pretty macho). Currently in an Explorer.

I work near @lefty .

Reactions: lefty

And after you ID yourself here, be sure to joint the facebook group Scout New England. That's where we communicate and share events to meet up at.

I'm not far from Bennington VT, or Pittsfield, MA. Hemmings still runs summer evening shows in Benningto, so it would be fun for those of us in the Berkshires and Greens to gather at one of them.

IMG_3834.png

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Over in Rhode Island, driving a Rivian R1S and a 78 Traveler and 72 II.
Looking forward to replacing the Riv with the new Scout!
Join Scout New England on FB for community events!

I’m from Boston, MA! My parents bought a 1975 Scout II in Hingham, MA circa after their wedding (1974). We had that car until 1987. It was affectionately known as Scoutsie. My mom had noted that it had some rust on the window, but I guess the salesman and my dad were like “it’s nothing!” It wasn’t nothing: that car had a real rust problem. My sister and I could put our tiny child feet through the floorboards. The city declared it to be an abandoned car, which my dad kept calling the city about (“no, this car isn’t abandoned, the engine keeps catching fire, but it’s still technically running…”). They finally towed it and crushed it. Scoutsie was called into meritorious service during the Blizzard of ‘78 to bring stuff to people who didn’t have four-wheel drive. Scoutsie also drove to Montreal, Maine, New York, one pediatric eye surgery, a lot of appointments at Boston Children’s Hospital, many drive-in movies, many visits to parks and the beach, and overall a lot of happy memories, even when the car backfired, stalled, rusted, lost the ability to safely keep the doors closed while in motion, or even when the engine caught fire. People didn’t really have SUVs yet as family cars… you got a station wagon. My sister and I used to roll around in the backseat with no seatbelts, no air conditioning, no airbags, and the rusty floorboards, and somehow we survived. Fortunately, we survived? What an adventure.
I am really excited to see the new Scouts. I’m happy that they’ll have modern trappings, like seatbelts all around and airbags. 😅