Marketing Idea

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout vehicle owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debates are welcomed and often produce great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts™. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

IdahoJOAT

Scout Community Veteran
1st Year Member
Nov 15, 2022
Zac Brown has featured Scouts in several music videos, the most well known being Chicken Fried.

Get with them and see about them writing a song, and being part of the movement.

Attachments

• 00_chickenfried.jpg
    00_chickenfried.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 6

Attachments

• 63613_286398208148723_707560620_n.png
    63613_286398208148723_707560620_n.png
    686 KB · Views: 2
A great way to increase positive exposure would be to offer Complimentary (read: Tax Write-off) vehicles and chargers to forestry and state/national parks, each one could be tailored/kitted for each particular climate and terrain... get them seen as working-class vehicles whenever they visit their favorite outdoor area and associated with treading lightly/responsible off-roading at the same time.

Ford's offering their Lightning as workhorses in the U.S. forestry service, I know a Fleet-Level contract (and the aforementioned tax breaks and incentives) would fill Scout's Coffers and get their Rigs seen by the people who would use them most true to their intent.

A great way to increase positive exposure would be to offer Complimentary (read: Tax Write-off) vehicles and chargers to forestry and state/national parks, each one could be tailored/kitted for each particular climate and terrain... get them seen as working-class vehicles whenever they visit their favorite outdoor area and associated with treading lightly/responsible off-roading at the same time.

Ford's offering their Lightning as workhorses in the U.S. forestry service, I know a Fleet-Level contract (and the aforementioned tax breaks and incentives) would fill Scout's Coffers and get their Rigs seen by the people who would use them most true to their intent.

Agreed and already on our radar.

Agreed and already on our radar.
They would be cool as lifeguard vehicles, river rescue and EMT if outfitted properly. If/when prototypes are available that would be a cool SEMA type showing. Show them skinned for emergency use vehicles beyond just the forestry/parks side of things rather than typical shows where they are jacked up on 5” lift kits with enough lights to land a plane. Don’t get me wrong those are cool too but go back to the roots as already said as a flexible/service vehicle. Working in the building industry I’d much rather show up to a job site in a Scout set up for trade use. Vintage character alone gives you more street cred-so to speak

Scout-it-Out
I think there is an opportunity to get our Scout enthusiasts to social network with a weekly post titled “Scout it Out”. We take a 1-2minute video clip…
Hey, this is (name), I drive a (model/year Scout) show a bit of your vehicle and where you are adventuring. Outdoor beauty shot, bbq joint, campground, concert location or a cool spot. I’m just outside of Lititz Pa, Condé Nast’s first year winner of “Coolest small town in America”. I park my Scout on Main Street, do my two minute video and submit. Then Scout posts them as various features and maybe as a state by state tied to a weekly theme. This weeks features are best hole in the wall (fill in the blank). Scout makes it part of a series on social media. Maybe selected videos get some swag or something. Maybe Scout Motors reaches out to the places featured and works out a deal for anyone else driving a Scout or with Scout key fob or phone “I.D.” Gets 10% off the experience because they are now part of Scout’s national exposure.
Maybe the locations also get logged into a vehicle suggestion box/app so when fellow Scout owners are traveling in the vicinity a geo locator alerts them to a nearby Scout it Out location/experience.
Could tie into a great ad campaign tying the history of Scout to adventure to Scout it Out.
Scout Motors could also use that to update Scout gathering events around the country and make use of some of the locations/features/restaurants/ etc… to build an even bigger network

Might want to slap a canoe on the roof of a new one for a TV spot
Just lose the front license plate...
Which actor could fill those shoes for this shot?
(Duelling banjos playing in the background).
Rips off into the distance up the trail...

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 8.05.29 AM.png

The Jeep and Dodge are pretty deeply rooted in military history. While the Scout didn't share as much experience it was in Vietnam and said to have been favored by the CIA. I have enclosed a few photos a military "advisor" in the war gave to me. Sorry the only ones I have are ones with so much damage... Would be neat to weave some of that history into the narrative as the Scout is resurrected.

Attachments

• scout vietnam.jpg
    scout vietnam.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 2
  • scout vietnam2.jpg
    scout vietnam2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
The Jeep and Dodge are pretty deeply rooted in military history. While the Scout didn't share as much experience it was in Vietnam and said to have been favored by the CIA. I have enclosed a few photos a military "advisor" in the war gave to me. Sorry the only ones I have are ones with so much damage... Would be neat to weave some of that history into the narrative as the Scout is resurrected.
Those are cool pics, @lefty! Haven't see those before.

I've collected some military Scout pics as well on the Scout 80800s Facebook page.

It would be super cool to get more details about how they were used.

Hi @Tuff66 - i can track down more specific information. The pic with the one totally destroyed in the background had one truck from Thu Phoch at sector HQ in 1968. The one with the front quarter panel smashed up is from the district chief in Binh-Khe, also 1968. None of this means much to me as I was in diapers at the time...
I see the "advisor" a few times a year and can get more information when I see him, likely next summer.

Reactions: Tuff66