Is there or should we create a Scout wave?

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

JohnBills

1st Year Member
Apr 21, 2023
Utah
The motorcycle wave is well known and pretty cool. What do you all think of coming up with a Scout wave that we can give each other when we cross on the road, whether that's an IH Scout to Scout EV or IH to IH or EV to EV?

Or is there one and I'm ignorant?

I didn't know there was a Bronco wave. Boo!
Secret-handshake GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Like this but with a double flutter fly shake in the middle and a spin before the money thumbs 😀

Reactions: JohnBills
NOPE. My daughter hates the Bronco wave. Scout was the original-let them(keep/Bronco/defender) all bow to us when they pass 😀
And the Bronco wave is all in response to the Jeep wave. No bullshit, that's a thing. And you should see the envy Cherokees, Compasses, Renegades have for the Wrangler folks...

Then the Bronco came back out and they started doing the "Bronco wave" like they invented it. And then they started, literally, "Buck Buck Bronco" in response to the, yet again, OG "Duck Duck Jeep".

It's honestly sad and I don't want to see Scout go down that road. It's sad.

When I was in my Scouts and saw another Scout we gave a 2 finger Scout wave of the hand and a nod. It was about comradery and respect.

I had an older Jepp and there was something off about waving to the 2wd soccer mom driving her 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara as if we are in the same club. But that's really on Jeep as much as anything.

I don't know who started the wave thing, probably bikers, but maybe we just give a 1 finger salute to jeeps and broncos instead 🤣

I had an older Jepp and there was something off about waving to the 2wd soccer mom driving her 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara as if we are in the same club. But that's really on Jeep as much as anything.

I don't know who started the wave thing, probably bikers, but maybe we just give a 1 finger salute to jeeps and broncos instead 🤣
Supposedly the Jeep Wave started after WWII, when GIs would get a Jeep for civilian use. But it was primarily the old vets that liked them, bought them and drove them. So when they saw each other they gave themselves not only a wave, but the "V" for victory.

That's always the story I've been told.

Reactions: J Alynn
I have an idea for the wave. The Boy Scouts salute is 3 middle fingers up and Thumb in. Our Scout wave/salute could be 4 fingers up and thumb in.

Reactions: JohnBills
There's a Rivian Wave, but its the same as any other wave... You just wave, and usually it just happens simultaneously. It's not planned or anything learned through Rivian or social media or anything. Its just friendly, and an acknowledgment of being an early adopter I guess. Very casual, no big deal.

Reactions: Rustic_father
If there is a wave it will likely be just a wave. realistically if you put too many conditions on it then people might not see it as they pass eachother on the road going 80mph....

I know it won't be official but once i get my scout i will wave at any other scout i see.