Idea: Cradle to Delivery

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
So back in September when we were setting up the Forums and the Registry in the navigation above, we were already thinking the Registry function should be automated when we go to market and the person that buys that given car can decide to "activate" that registry account to make it public and create a user name and then maintain it/add to it till they sell it. The registry would essentially be a Garage assigned to the VIN and Line Setting Ticket at the vehicle birth. If there is a reservation going to production, then that person would be assigned to that vehicle and gets notified along the production process. Ideally we'd like to take photos along the way so there is a birth record of the vehicle that stays with it forever. All of this would of course tie into the vehicle app and the Community here. Lots of logistics and privacy stuff to wade through but I think we should be able to pull it off. We have already talked to our software team and the wheels are turning to see what we can do. The feature list on our end is huge from location sharing to GPS trail sharing and more. Let's see what we can accomplish.
Dude, it seems like so much of this could be automated. I picture it like a marathon or Spartan Race.

Like, within the factory, at each station is a camera. Each rig has a VIN, so when they come through, pictures are tagged with 123456789 VIN. Then they get uploaded and the owner can literally watch their rig be built.

Once you pick up your Scout at the factory, you MUST leave via a 1-way, offroad-only exit that is reserved for new owners to experience their new vehicles in their most "native" environment!
Like the idea. Prefer they do it like other her delivery services where you use their demos first. I’d prefer they teach me and I mess up a demo rather than my brand new Scout. Did it 10 years ago in my BMW and had a phenomenal experience. Did my car and also got to take an X5 over their off-road course not that far from the new Scout headquarters/production plant.

Reactions: Harris005
Like the idea. Prefer they do it like other her delivery services where you use their demos first. I’d prefer they teach me and I mess up a demo rather than my brand new Scout. Did it 10 years ago in my BMW and had a phenomenal experience. Did my car and also got to take an X5 over their off-road course not that far from the new Scout headquarters/production plant.
Ford does this with the OffRodeo for the Bronco.

Reactions: J Alynn
Dude, it seems like so much of this could be automated. I picture it like a marathon or Spartan Race.

Like, within the factory, at each station is a camera. Each rig has a VIN, so when they come through, pictures are tagged with 123456789 VIN. Then they get uploaded and the owner can literally watch their rig be built.

We are on the same page. Chris and I had this exact conversation about six months ago.

I was thinking more of automated pictures on the departure trail leaving the factory, at each of 3 or 4 interesting intervals (the climb out, the steep descent, the water fording section, then the off-camber rock garden) before you hit the Highway. By the time you are back home, the photos are all loaded into the Scouts infotainment screen as screen savers... LOL.

I was thinking more of automated pictures on the departure trail leaving the factory, at each of 3 or 4 interesting intervals (the climb out, the steep descent, the water fording section, then the off-camber rock garden) before you hit the Highway. By the time you are back home, the photos are all loaded into the Scouts infotainment screen as screen savers... LOL.
Departure trail?! Do tell.

Reactions: J Alynn

@IdahoJOAT not sure if you were asking or not but scroll to 20 minute mark. This is BMW’s delivery/off road course in SC if you haven’t been. It’s awesome! 12 years ago I took delivery of a 3-series convertible and 1-1/2 years ago took my daughter gutter for teen drivers school (she LOVED it). Can’t imagine all the track time for a Scout but the off road course impressed me with how capable a X5 actually was. Museum part is cool too (end of video)-Hope Scout does something small but similar. We also got to tour various areas of production which was also super cool and would be great if Scout tried similar. Having the delivery bays was great. I took my delivery right in the lobby and they preset everything then walked through all features. It was a top notch experience and again, hope the Scout team tries something similar. Be it at the new factory or regional events like the Bronco off-rodeo

Reactions: IdahoJOAT

@IdahoJOAT not sure if you were asking or not but scroll to 20 minute mark. This is BMW’s delivery/off road course in SC if you haven’t been. It’s awesome! 12 years ago I took delivery of a 3-series convertible and 1-1/2 years ago took my daughter gutter for teen drivers school (she LOVED it). Can’t imagine all the track time for a Scout but the off road course impressed me with how capable a X5 actually was. Museum part is cool too (end of video)-Hope Scout does something small but similar. We also got to tour various areas of production which was also super cool and would be great if Scout tried similar. Having the delivery bays was great. I took my delivery right in the lobby and they preset everything then walked through all features. It was a top notch experience and again, hope the Scout team tries something similar. Be it at the new factory or regional events like the Bronco off-rodeo
Dude, this is exactly the kind of thing we're clamoring for.

This video shows some of the Rivian Test Track at their normal facility. I think they used it for initial deliveries, but haven't heard much about it since their launch. I think the timing of the Rivian launch coupled with the pandemic and supply chain shortage, then inflationary fears, probably had them dial things back quite a bit (from a financial perspective). But, the videos capture what they wanted right of the gate for other to see, so mission accomplished from that perspective - particularly since only a very small subset of owners would be taking delivery from the factory: