Extra, Extra....Read All About It!

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
I especially liked Keogh's line, “Certainly you would not want the Scout VIII to be like the Scout II.” Had the Scout remained in production to this day, it would have evolved. Even as an old guy whose profession has him often living in the past, I can appreciate the need for a vehicle, a brand to evolve. Compare the first Scout 80 to the Last Scout II. Night and day evolution. We old Scout people are kinda stuck at 1980. We haven't seen those gradual updates the other iconic brands went through, some of them now reaching the point where an EV powertrain is in their future. The old Scout people are jumping from 1980 to 2026 in a single bound feeling a little like Scotty had beamed Alan Shepard from Freedom 7 to the Starship Enterprise. Scout Motors needs to capture and bottle the essence that made the original Scouts a success. That will bring in buyers not familiar with Scout history and maybe win over the "Old Breed" as well.

Reactions: LastDayScout
I have not seen the term PPE architecture before. What does that mean?

I have not seen the term PPE architecture before. What does that mean?

PPE is Audi/Porsche speak for Premium Platform Electric and is another EV component platform that is more luxury-oriented. It is essentially another skateboard platform but has a bit more flexibility for heavier luxury vehicles, plus numerous improvements over the current J1 and MEB EV platforms. Different software as well.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 12.06.15 PM.png

Scout will be using an all-new body on ladder frame EV chassis. There could be some component sharing (electric motors for example) between the various platforms as that just makes sense from economies of scale perspective. We are working on a code name for the new Scout platform... :D

Last edited:
Not an article reference but an idea for a media event. I think when Scout hits the 6 month mark-give or take and has 95% accurate prototypes for the media to experience-you should mix things up. I think you should invite the long term forum members to media day (at our cost-but throw in an assorted swag bag, let us drive and experience the new Scout and then allow the outside media to gather info from our perspectives as potential buyers.
This would allow us as the first round buyers to get the experience of driving them before we order, see exterior/interior color combos in person-rather than guessing if we like the colors and give your team final thoughts so maybe small changes/improvements could be made. It would give the journalists a different perspective to write - from the buyers/enthusiasts point of view rather than just a car critics point of view. Most of the articles from each company are always slightly slanted to their preference or everyone compares a vehicle’s performance to BMW. Imagine articles written from consumer input. Even if Scout had a form you fill out after your drive experience that is a 1-10 scale of 20 items then an area for a couple write-in personal thoughts (always some loose canon that will crap on everything so limit the space or sort them before the media gets them.
As someone who reads a lot of car news, I can always guess which magazines/news sources will like this, that or the other thing. What I’d often like in those articles is to hear what people like me think about a vehicle.
I own an Acura TLX type S. I don’t like BMW’s and didn’t need to spend $15K more for an equivalent set of features. I get tired of every BMW owner or journalist complain how the TLX doesn’t out perform the Bimmer. I’m fond of Japanese cars, didn’t want maintenance costs of a BMW and for my place in life, the Acura was the right fit. That said, if I would only have listened to journalists I might have made a decision I regretted. Point is-I’d like to hear what Scout enthusiasts think of the new vehicle-not the journalist who might have 0% connection to Scout but is being paid/comp’d to be there.
Just a thought. Maybe an east coast and west coast event-like DC/Virginia where your team is sorta based or SC near/at the new headquarters and maybe one near MOAB or Las Vegas for the west coast.
Just some crazy talk but figured I’d share.

Not an article reference but an idea for a media event. I think when Scout hits the 6 month mark-give or take and has 95% accurate prototypes for the media to experience-you should mix things up. I think you should invite the long term forum members to media day (at our cost-but throw in an assorted swag bag, let us drive and experience the new Scout and then allow the outside media to gather info from our perspectives as potential buyers.
This would allow us as the first round buyers to get the experience of driving them before we order, see exterior/interior color combos in person-rather than guessing if we like the colors and give your team final thoughts so maybe small changes/improvements could be made. It would give the journalists a different perspective to write - from the buyers/enthusiasts point of view rather than just a car critics point of view. Most of the articles from each company are always slightly slanted to their preference or everyone compares a vehicle’s performance to BMW. Imagine articles written from consumer input. Even if Scout had a form you fill out after your drive experience that is a 1-10 scale of 20 items then an area for a couple write-in personal thoughts (always some loose canon that will crap on everything so limit the space or sort them before the media gets them.
As someone who reads a lot of car news, I can always guess which magazines/news sources will like this, that or the other thing. What I’d often like in those articles is to hear what people like me think about a vehicle.
I own an Acura TLX type S. I don’t like BMW’s and didn’t need to spend $15K more for an equivalent set of features. I get tired of every BMW owner or journalist complain how the TLX doesn’t out perform the Bimmer. I’m fond of Japanese cars, didn’t want maintenance costs of a BMW and for my place in life, the Acura was the right fit. That said, if I would only have listened to journalists I might have made a decision I regretted. Point is-I’d like to hear what Scout enthusiasts think of the new vehicle-not the journalist who might have 0% connection to Scout but is being paid/comp’d to be there.
Just a thought. Maybe an east coast and west coast event-like DC/Virginia where your team is sorta based or SC near/at the new headquarters and maybe one near MOAB or Las Vegas for the west coast.
I would love to be apart of this. I had a difficult time with the deciding on a trim for the Bronco and purchase as I was unable to see it beforehand. Seeing cars online or through images is not the same experience as in person. I was unable to see the Bronco until it was released on a dealer lot, I now have a Heritage trim ordered that I have yet to see in person and it's a gamble. I hope Scout is able to provide a tour to each region. It seems that the Ford hit the west more than the east with the Bronco. Auto shows seem to only feature cars that are currently available and not what is coming out, it seems that auto shows are no longer the platform to share upcoming models. I'm fine with this, I just hope Scout is able to provide our loyal fans and the general public viewing pleasure in person prior to blindly placing reservations or orders.

I would love to be apart of this. I had a difficult time with the deciding on a trim for the Bronco and purchase as I was unable to see it beforehand. Seeing cars online or through images is not the same experience as in person. I was unable to see the Bronco until it was released on a dealer lot, I now have a Heritage trim ordered that I have yet to see in person and it's a gamble. I hope Scout is able to provide a tour to each region. It seems that the Ford hit the west more than the east with the Bronco. Auto shows seem to only feature cars that are currently available and not what is coming out, it seems that auto shows are no longer the platform to share upcoming models. I'm fine with this, I just hope Scout is able to provide our loyal fans and the general public viewing pleasure in person prior to blindly placing reservations or orders.
I hear you. My daughter ordered her Bronco in the Azure Gray-sight unseen other than the computer sample. Fortunately she loves the blue color (nobody thinks it looks gray-we now call it denim blue). She agonized and gambled and it paid off-not to mention it was a premium cost color. I’m sure others felt the same as you and her. That’s the reason I posted this initial thought-concur 100% with you

Reactions: Harris005

Chris and I have been discussing this for months now. There are details to sort out but it is all part of our larger community plan that we are excited about Stay tuned... I think you will all be excited.

We will be doing our best to take our first concepts/intro models out on the road to tour around the country. Chris and I are also of the mindset that once the vehicles are introduced we do our best to build as many colors and trims (pre-production) that we can so we can get photos right away of all the different combinations and hopefully get them into circulation for both testing and so people can see them in person.