Community Tour

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Chris, awesome to hear. I'll be at Overland East this fall. I won't have the Scout ready but the Bronco will be in by then. I'd love to connect if you guys are in town.
Most definitely. You're up in MD right?
Boston area would always be great :)
Been itching to get up there. Let me see if I can slot in a New England trip early Fall!

Reactions: AGuyAndHisDog
Chris any chance we can see you and team members driving Scouts as dailies so you get the gist of what they are all about, rather than random look and see tours? People in charge of design and creation, that drive Range Rovers and Jeeps... do not fill many of us with high hopes... But seeing you rolling old would. Just a suggestion.

And if going to be in Chicago area... I can connect you with my client of this last build I did so you can take it for a spin:

Chris any chance we can see you and team members driving Scouts as dailies so you get the gist of what they are all about, rather than random look and see tours? People in charge of design and creation, that drive Range Rovers and Jeeps... do not fill many of us with high hopes... But seeing you rolling old would. Just a suggestion.

And if going to be in Chicago area... I can connect you with my client of this last build I did so you can take it for a spin:

We have one Scout II that the company itself owns and we will soon have a few more Scouts. Our CEO owns a Scout II and there are a few others floating around the company employees.

I'm in the Chicago area and know a few locals with Scouts (and a couple with big collections). I'm always looking to meet up with owners, so let me know.

Jamie

We have one Scout II that the company itself owns and we will soon have a few more Scouts. Our CEO owns a Scout II and there are a few others floating around the company employees.

I'm in the Chicago area and know a few locals with Scouts (and a couple with big collections). I'm always looking to meet up with owners, so let me know.

Jamie

Jamie drop me a priv note @ GotScout@Gmail and I'll hook you up with Dan with my blue Scout build "MOBY"...

Attachments

• Moby  1.21.38 PM.png
    Moby 1.21.38 PM.png
    402 KB · Views: 12

Jamie
Come on Jamie... always looking to meet... has been waiting. Go get some....

Jamie
Jamie, get some Scout 80s at the Company. It helps to see where it all started. I've owned several Scouts over the years but hands down my 1965 gets more thumbs ups driving and people waiting for me in parking lots than anything I've ever owned. They are beautiful machines.

"
I'm always looking to meet up with owners, so let me know.
Jamie"

You keep saying that... but alas... How's Moby?

We'll definitely be out there for OE East with a few other members of the Scout crew. Planning on hitting up OE West in Flagstaff at the end of May as well to check it out, in case any Arizona/Sonora Desert folk are going to be there and want to say hi!

Would love to do Iowa! Looking into a Midwest bout this Summer, so will keep you posted on that! Will be meeting with Sean from Anything Scout tomorrow at his CA workshop, and will be chatting about visiting out there this Summer as well. Will let you know what we plan!

Utah is one of my favorites to visit! I'll let you know where I can fit it in. Thinking of stringing together an Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah trip here this year.
If making it out to Utah, should link up with Hypercraft in Provo I think? Unsure who is slated to supply batteries and motors, but partnering with them to facilitate conversions of legacy Scouts would be cool.

Reactions: JohnBills
Good morning all,

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to post that I'm interested in the rebirth of Scout, and believe it or not, I used to live in Blythewood! Right now, I'm an hour up the road, and looking forward to the adventure of having the new factory here in SC and seeing what local events might be open to the public.

Bob

Reactions: Amp831 and J Alynn
Good morning all,

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to post that I'm interested in the rebirth of Scout, and believe it or not, I used to live in Blythewood! Right now, I'm an hour up the road, and looking forward to the adventure of having the new factory here in SC and seeing what local events might be open to the public.

Bob
Should definitely take some promo vehicles over towards Clemson during a football game towing a great gameday setup.

Should definitely take some promo vehicles over towards Clemson during a football game towing a great gameday setup.
PA001543-R1-021-9_Original.JPG
My Traveler was able to haul a full tailgate setup plus 4 people to the UNC game this past year! Even brought the film camera to the game.
But them setting up shop outside Columbia puts them square in Gamecock territory.

View attachment 2168
My Traveler was able to haul a full tailgate setup plus 4 people to the UNC game this past year! Even brought the film camera to the game.
But them setting up shop outside Columbia puts them square in Gamecock territory.

Nice! I haven't been to a game since I graduated, but the Student Veterans Group always had our tailgate in that same lot. A lot of good memories, and some fuzzy ones too!

One year, there was this guy that brought this massive custom smoker towed behind his dually. Could fit two whole hogs butterflied end-to-end. He always had food to give away, we made sure to park next to him every game we could 🤣

I mean, no company is perfect, not every body can be a Tiger 😉

Reactions: Amp831
Hey @Chris@ScoutMotors, excited to see Scout Motors making the effort to connect with local groups and owners. I know someone already made the pitch for an east-coast visit and I just wanted to double-down on that. There is a small but dedicated group of Scout owners up here that have been lacking the community aspect of ownership that many in other areas enjoy. Your presence in the New England area would go a long way in developing the northeastern Scout community. I'm happy to help in any way that I can if you do decide to make it up this way. Thanks!
@Chris@ScoutMotors Just so you can mark your calendar in advance, our Scout New England group has been having it's annual gathering in Brimfield, MA on the Sunday of Indigenous Peoples Day weekend. It should be October 13th this year, but check back as details need to be firmed up.309434767_3273380102929197_5689009934332691744_n.jpg

Last edited:
@Chris@ScoutMotors - Coming down to SoFlo anytime soon? I would love to see some Scout love down here as well.

I'm in the interesting position of owning a Scout II (4th one) and being a VW Master Technician (also HVT/battery repair). It would be a dream to work with the team on getting the new Scouts to market and going. Do you have any idea of what positions you guys will/do need that would apply to technician with business degree? Maybe something about setting up service/repair network? Practical input on design of functions and operations of vehicle systems?

Jason

• Love
Reactions: IdahoJOAT
@Chris@ScoutMotors - Coming down to SoFlo anytime soon? I would love to see some Scout love down here as well.

I'm in the interesting position of owning a Scout II (4th one) and being a VW Master Technician (also HVT/battery repair). It would be a dream to work with the team on getting the new Scouts to market and going. Do you have any idea of what positions you guys will/do need that would apply to technician with business degree? Maybe something about setting up service/repair network? Practical input on design of functions and operations of vehicle systems?

Jason
@Jamie@ScoutMotors and @Chris@ScoutMotors put this man to work!

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors