Community Tour

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Another vote for PA - we're up here in northwest PA, hard on Lake Erie, where you can't hardly find a 2WD vehicle (if you wanted one....). We're mostly bracing for winter presently, but there's a very strong off-road contingent here in the PA/ NY/ OH tri-state area, & "mud season" will be here before you know it.... Jeeps & Broncos are pretty popular here (we have a very strong Jeep club - Erie Jeep People - but they're very inclusive of other marques), so the interest is definitely here. It's also easy to get here - I-90, I-79, & I-86 all converge in Erie County, PA, so we tend to draw well from the surrounding areas, both rural & metropolitan (Pittsburgh, Buffalo, & Cleveland are all within about 2 hours of us), as well as Canada, if you're looking at that market.

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can do to help generate some interest for you guys in the area.

Thanks-
Randy

Reactions: Chris@ScoutMotors
Hey @Chris@ScoutMotors, excited to see Scout Motors making the effort to connect with local groups and owners. I know someone already made the pitch for an east-coast visit and I just wanted to double-down on that. There is a small but dedicated group of Scout owners up here that have been lacking the community aspect of ownership that many in other areas enjoy. Your presence in the New England area would go a long way in developing the northeastern Scout community. I'm happy to help in any way that I can if you do decide to make it up this way. Thanks!
Hey @AGuyAndHisDog, thanks for reaching out! What area of the NE are you in? Did a quick one-day trip to NYC for some media visits, but planning to head back there sometime soon. Would love to hit a few more areas up there when I do!

Side note, I split time between Miami and DC (when not on the road the other 80% of the time ;)), so east coast visits are pretty easy for me to make as well.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Another vote for PA - we're up here in northwest PA, hard on Lake Erie, where you can't hardly find a 2WD vehicle (if you wanted one....). We're mostly bracing for winter presently, but there's a very strong off-road contingent here in the PA/ NY/ OH tri-state area, & "mud season" will be here before you know it.... Jeeps & Broncos are pretty popular here (we have a very strong Jeep club - Erie Jeep People - but they're very inclusive of other marques), so the interest is definitely here. It's also easy to get here - I-90, I-79, & I-86 all converge in Erie County, PA, so we tend to draw well from the surrounding areas, both rural & metropolitan (Pittsburgh, Buffalo, & Cleveland are all within about 2 hours of us), as well as Canada, if you're looking at that market.

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can do to help generate some interest for you guys in the area.

Thanks-
Randy
Super cool, would love to hit NW PA. Gonna sit down early next week and hash out a road tour that Jamie and I can tag team here.

Side note for the storm, if you guys are out enjoying the snow in your rigs, feel free to submit photos! Would love to see some cool shots of Scouts out in the elements having some fun and share them with the team here.

Chris

I’m in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area so maybe the PA folks can list a general area they are each located and maybe you can find a central location that makes sense in your next tour. Just a thought. I’d love to meet up and talk design but getting to NW PA is a haul. I’d be curious for any meets in northern MD and/or DE as well as Philly if you plan on getting to any of those areas.
Thanks

Hey @AGuyAndHisDog, thanks for reaching out! What area of the NE are you in? Did a quick one-day trip to NYC for some media visits, but planning to head back there sometime soon. Would love to hit a few more areas up there when I do!

Side note, I split time between Miami and DC (when not on the road the other 80% of the time ;)), so east coast visits are pretty easy for me to make as well.
I'm up in the Burlington, VT area. I know there are a handful of other Scout owners/enthusiasts up here as well, and even more if you open the aperture to include New Hampshire and Maine. I know it's a challenge to find a central location that is reasonable for most people in a place like this. It's easy to forget how geographically spread-out everything is up here; Burlington, VT to the northern parts of Maine is a 10 hour drive.

With that being said, it's well-worth the trek up here. May-October you can't beat the scenery (did someone say fall foliage photoshoot in the Green Mountains?). Like I said before, if you do make it up this far north, I'd be happy to help coordinate in any way I can. I'd recommend waiting until spring though, when the salt has washed off the roads and people bring their rigs out of winter hibernation.

Reactions: Jamie@ScoutMotors
As I'm flushing out the tour dates and stops over the next week, just want to pop in and say for anyone in the VA, MD, DC area, I'll be over at Katie's Cars and Coffee in Great Falls tomorrow morning. For any Scout community members in the area, swing on by and say hey!

I'll add that to the list! Are you down in Arizona? Have it on the list to swing through, so would be up to get some insight as to some strong areas to hit.

Reactions: Fins160
I'll add that to the list! Are you down in Arizona? Have it on the list to swing through, so would be up to get some insight as to some strong areas to hit.
I am in the Phoenix area, and am a member of Sonora Desert Scouts. We have meetings the 2nd Tuesday of every month in Tempe, and our big annual event is the one I listed in Wickenberg. We also have a group in Tucson. PM me if you're heading this way!

If you find your way to the Baltimore/DC area, there are a number of folks we can rally (I'm closer to Baltimore, but DC isn't that far). Old Line State Binders, Triple Diamond Fourwheelers, and some others in the area. Speaking of TDF, if you find your way to the Carlisle Truck show Aug 4-6, TDF hosts the Scout show within the show, and wheeling in NJ Pine Barrens the weekend after Mother's Day and the weekend before Halloween. Not uncommon to find a few Scouts and other old IH trucks at the Burtonsville, MD cruise-in every Sunday morning (when salt isn't on the roads).

Reactions: Rustic_father
There's a fairly sizeable 6G Bronco group up in the PNW, Seattle area. I currently own one as well, a '22 2 Door Badlands Sasquatch. By 2026, I'd think that most/many of us, would be looking at the next best thing.

I started out with a '70 Scout 800 as my first vehicle and am definitely keeping an eye on your progress. If up in the area, I could help put a meet together. I'm sure we'd all love to find out more.

@Chris@ScoutMotors, I hope you make your way to Utah at some point. Of course we have Moab, but there's a load of great places to explore. My family has a lovely acre of land in Big Cottonwood Canyon next to some great dirt roads that I hope get explored by an EV Scout in the near future (there's also an amazing meadow nearby with mountain backdrops if you want ideas for when it's time for marketing photos)! Also the state economy is growing rapidly so there's lots of construction and people who need vehicles that can work as well as play.

@Chris@ScoutMotors since you're in the are (Maryland, DC, Virginia) check out Overland East in the fall. This is not a Scout event, but may give you a feel of the target audience for the overlanding, adventure, camping, type.
We'll definitely be out there for OE East with a few other members of the Scout crew. Planning on hitting up OE West in Flagstaff at the end of May as well to check it out, in case any Arizona/Sonora Desert folk are going to be there and want to say hi!
@Chris@ScoutMotors

Any planned stops to Ames, Iowa? Anything Scout is there as I’m sure you know - they’re putting out some great builds and have been a fantastic resource for parts and information.
Would love to do Iowa! Looking into a Midwest bout this Summer, so will keep you posted on that! Will be meeting with Sean from Anything Scout tomorrow at his CA workshop, and will be chatting about visiting out there this Summer as well. Will let you know what we plan!
@Chris@ScoutMotors, I hope you make your way to Utah at some point. Of course we have Moab, but there's a load of great places to explore. My family has a lovely acre of land in Big Cottonwood Canyon next to some great dirt roads that I hope get explored by an EV Scout in the near future (there's also an amazing meadow nearby with mountain backdrops if you want ideas for when it's time for marketing photos)! Also the state economy is growing rapidly so there's lots of construction and people who need vehicles that can work as well as play.
Utah is one of my favorites to visit! I'll let you know where I can fit it in. Thinking of stringing together an Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah trip here this year.

Reactions: JohnBills
We'll definitely be out there for OE East with a few other members of the Scout crew. Planning on hitting up OE West in Flagstaff at the end of May as well to check it out, in case any Arizona/Sonora Desert folk are going to be there and want to say hi!

Would love to do Iowa! Looking into a Midwest bout this Summer, so will keep you posted on that! Will be meeting with Sean from Anything Scout tomorrow at his CA workshop, and will be chatting about visiting out there this Summer as well. Will let you know what we plan!

Utah is one of my favorites to visit! I'll let you know where I can fit it in. Thinking of stringing together an Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah trip here this year.
Chris, awesome to hear. I'll be at Overland East this fall. I won't have the Scout ready but the Bronco will be in by then. I'd love to connect if you guys are in town.