Community Tour

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.

Chris@ScoutMotors

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 3, 2022
Hey All,

I want to get this thread going to keep everyone on here up to date as to the different stops I'll be making around the country to meet with various Scout clubs, communities, crews, builders, etc.

I'll be posting up a schedule of the different locations and dates, as the schedule develops. Feel free to come out and meet as I swing through town, and if you don't see a location on here, and are interested in meeting, just let me know and I'll try to add it to the tour!

Chris

Hey All,

I want to get this thread going to keep everyone on here up to date as to the different stops I'll be making around the country to meet with various Scout clubs, communities, crews, builders, etc.

I'll be posting up a schedule of the different locations and dates, as the schedule develops. Feel free to come out and meet as I swing through town, and if you don't see a location on here, and are interested in meeting, just let me know and I'll try to add it to the tour!

Chris
I'm in several groups in southern Idaho and I'd recommend linking up with Don Carlisle of 4LO Idaho Offroad(group/club).

There's also Idaho Off-road 4x4 Club, which I don't have any in-person knowledge about, but not being Jeep specific is always a plus.

While my latest two offroaders have been JLURs, I enjoy wheeling with these kinds of groups more as they're a modge-podge of rigs. It's hard to get a dedicated group of Scouts together in Idaho as it seems most aren't online a whole lot, and wheeling with groups like this tend to be a ton of fun, as it's less "I spent this much" and more "Dude that's awesome" and shit-talking :)

When you do though, I can't wait and will be there with Kailani II.

Attachments

• 273880874_709531040061395_613119530827490125_n.jpg
    273880874_709531040061395_613119530827490125_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 26
Coming up to Coeur D’alene anytime soon? I have a Scout 800 and influenced a couple buddies to get Scouts of their own (80 and a Scout 2)

PS - I’m working on my resume and cover letter now and intend to apply for a job at Scout ASAP

A
Coming up to Coeur D’alene anytime soon? I have a Scout 800 and influenced a couple buddies to get Scouts of their own (80 and a Scout 2)

PS - I’m working on my resume and cover letter now and intend to apply for a job at Scout ASAP
Awesome stuff! Idaho is definitely on the list of spots to hit, I'll see if I may be able to make it out there, and keep you posted!

And fantastic! We're in the middle of a big hiring push at the moment, so definitely put in if you see a role you'd be interested in!

• Love
Reactions: IdahoJOAT
@Chris@ScoutMotors Big thanks for taking the time and making an effort to come to Charlotte. We all thoroughly enjoyed getting to talk to you and are excited for the direction this company is going.
Thanks again for having me out, it was awesome to meet you guys, and appreciate you all taking some time out of your evenings to come hang!

Looking forward to keeping in touch, and the next visit out!

I'll actually be down there soon! Locking in plans at the moment, but will keep you posted on that front for sure.
Awesome! We've had some rumblings to try and organize a meet on FB but no concrete progress. Ales & Overlands are usually a good event to try and get people to and can reach out to some of the people in the area as well.

Reactions: Chris@ScoutMotors
Awesome! We've had some rumblings to try and organize a meet on FB but no concrete progress. Ales & Overlands are usually a good event to try and get people to and can reach out to some of the people in the area as well.
That would be awesome. Let's keep in touch and see if maybe we can get a date in January of February where we can get a group together. Is Ales & Overlands a regular meetup down there?

I'll be headed out to LA this weekend to help out with the Scouts West Holiday Toy Drive. If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by, I attached the flyer that Arnold sent over for the event. Hope to see some of you out there and meet in person!

Attachments

• Flyer.jpeg
    Flyer.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 21
That would be awesome. Let's keep in touch and see if maybe we can get a date in January of February where we can get a group together. Is Ales & Overlands a regular meetup down there?
Sounds good. Yes monthly meet up, have been to a few where there are multiple Scouts, its good but as anything schedule depending. https://www.alesandoverlands.com/ and they're on instagram, haven't seen anything about Dec's or early next year yet. In Atlanta there is also Skottles and Bottles but I've never gone to that event.

Chris-any chance you have a calendar of when/where you are heading that you could post or is it more of a -when the moment hits approach? I’m in southeastern PA and would love to come to an event but truth be told we don’t see many Scouts in our area. As I’m sure you know, weather isn’t conducive to maintaining vintage Scouts in the north east so limited but hoping you or somebody on here knows of an event near me. Thanks

Reactions: Chris@ScoutMotors
Chris-any chance you have a calendar of when/where you are heading that you could post or is it more of a -when the moment hits approach? I’m in southeastern PA and would love to come to an event but truth be told we don’t see many Scouts in our area. As I’m sure you know, weather isn’t conducive to maintaining vintage Scouts in the north east so limited but hoping you or somebody on here knows of an event near me. Thanks
At the moment, it's a bit of a "when the moment hits" approach, but am in the middle of building a content, editorial, and community calendar with @Jamie@ScoutMotors and will be locking in some solid dates for various regional visits here soon. I'll definitely share those key dates when they get locked in over the next few weeks, so people can plan ahead a bit more! :)

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
At the moment, it's a bit of a "when the moment hits" approach, but am in the middle of building a content, editorial, and community calendar with @Jamie@ScoutMotors and will be locking in some solid dates for various regional visits here soon. I'll definitely share those key dates when they get locked in over the next few weeks, so people can plan ahead a bit more! :)
Thank you sir

We are also actively looking for other Scout-related events around the country, so if people know of a gathering or want to organize a group to get together, we can see if it fits into our calendar and we'll do our best to try and make it out.
I’m just hoping for something within an hour or two of me to attend and meet your guys in person and hear the thoughts you all have as well as Scout owners and forum members may continue to offer. Thanks again for taking our thoughts into consideration and looking forward to seeing the progress.

I’m just hoping for something within an hour or two of me to attend and meet your guys in person and hear the thoughts you all have as well as Scout owners and forum members may continue to offer. Thanks again for taking our thoughts into consideration and looking forward to seeing the progress.
Absolutely. Our goal is to get our community involved as much as possible. Even hands-on early if we can. Hopefully, you all find the transparency refreshing, and we hope by sharing what we can with all of you helps understand better why and how we have to approach things.

Hey @Chris@ScoutMotors, excited to see Scout Motors making the effort to connect with local groups and owners. I know someone already made the pitch for an east-coast visit and I just wanted to double-down on that. There is a small but dedicated group of Scout owners up here that have been lacking the community aspect of ownership that many in other areas enjoy. Your presence in the New England area would go a long way in developing the northeastern Scout community. I'm happy to help in any way that I can if you do decide to make it up this way. Thanks!