Color Wishlist

• From all of us at Scout Motors, welcome to the Scout Community! We created this community to provide Scout owners, enthusiasts, and curiosity seekers with a place to engage in discussion, suggestions, stories, and connections. Supportive communities are sometimes hard to find, but we're determined to turn this into one.

Additionally, Scout Motors wants to hear your feedback and speak directly to the rabid community of owners as unique as America. We'll use the Scout Community to deliver news and information on events and launch updates directly to the group. Although the start of production is anticipated in 2026, many new developments and milestones will occur in the interim. We plan to share them with you on this site and look for your feedback and suggestions.

How will the Scout Community be run? Think of it this way: this place is your favorite local hangout. We want you to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to people who share similar interests, request and receive advice, and generally have an enjoyable time. The Scout Community should be a highlight of your day. We want you to tell stories, share photos, spread your knowledge, and tell us how Scout can deliver great products and experiences. Along the way, Scout Motors will share our journey to production with you.

Scout is all about respect. We respect our heritage. We respect the land and outdoors. We respect each other. Every person should feel safe, included, and welcomed in the Scout Community. Being kind and courteous to the other forum members is non-negotiable. Friendly debate is welcomed and often produces great outcomes, but we don't want things to get too rowdy. Please take a moment to consider what you post, especially if you think it may insult others. We'll do our best to encourage friendly discourse and to keep the discussions flowing.

So, welcome to the Scout Community! We encourage you to check back regularly as we plan to engage our members, share teasers, and participate in discussions. The world needs Scouts. Let's get going.

We are Scout Motors.
Please make sure you offer normal, primary colors - along with the boring usual black, white, and 27 shades of gray.

So….Bright red. Bright blue. Deep green. Orange (real orange not school bus yellow). Yellow. And of course the obligatory black, white, and 27 shades of boring gray. Lol.

Please make sure you offer normal, primary colors - along with the boring usual black, white, and 27 shades of gray.

So….Bright red. Bright blue. Deep green. Orange (real orange not school bus yellow). Yellow. And of course the obligatory black, white, and 27 shades of boring gray. Lol.
Right?! Jesus... please just like, a steel gray and light gray. That's plenty.

Reactions: bcb1
Definitely more earth tones than are currently offered elsewhere. Yellows, browns, greens, that sort of thing.

Seductive Red

• Love
Reactions: IdahoJOAT
Chris and I will be pushing hard for great historic colors in modern flavors in addition to a few standard "suit" colors. :D

Here are some historic Scout colors as an idea. The last 20 years of resto-mod action has seen a plethora of great modern interpretations of these types of colors:

scout-historic-colors.jpg

Last edited:
Chris and I will be pushing hard for great historic colors in modern flavors in addition to a few standard "suit" colors. :D

Please don't let them take the route of white, black, silver, light gray, medium gray, dark gray, darker gray, greenish gray, blueish gray, and a red that's somehow just as boring. 🤣😁

Our Wrangler is Bikini Pearl. The color doesn't photograph well, the green pearl washes out. It is incredible in person. People have followed me into parking lots just to tell me they love the color, then they leave. It's such an eye catching color that it's unusual to not receive compliments on it.

That's the type of thing I'd love to see more of. I bought a high optioned ram 2500 in 2019, I ended up with black. My last few cars and trucks were white or silver, I wanted something different. Delmonico red and patriot blue are just dull colors. All that was left was black. It looks good and all, but I would have loved a red like ford's Ruby red metallic tri-coat.

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_235430_595.jpg
    IMG_20210804_235430_595.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
  • Concord blue or lexington blue :)
  • White top with white rallye applique ;)
  • White wagon wheels with raised white letter tires (y)

Attachments

• Terra Rallye.jpg
    Terra Rallye.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9
  • 79 Scout Rallye.jpg
    79 Scout Rallye.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Please don't let them take the route of white, black, silver, light gray, medium gray, dark gray, darker gray, greenish gray, blueish gray, and a red that's somehow just as boring. 🤣😁

Our Wrangler is Bikini Pearl. The color doesn't photograph well, the green pearl washes out. It is incredible in person. People have followed me into parking lots just to tell me they love the color, then they leave. It's such an eye catching color that it's unusual to not receive compliments on it.

That's the type of thing I'd love to see more of. I bought a high optioned ram 2500 in 2019, I ended up with black. My last few cars and trucks were white or silver, I wanted something different. Delmonico red and patriot blue are just dull colors. All that was left was black. It looks good and all, but I would have loved a red like ford's Ruby red metallic tri-coat.
Bikini is the best color on late model Wranglers!

Here are some historic Scout colors as an idea. The last 20 years of resto-mod action has seen a plethora of great modern interpretations of these types of colors:

View attachment 175
I think ALL colors should be versions from the chart and like you said Jamie, just modernized a bit or metallic some but I think it would be cool to use this as your base source. 30% are the standard suit colors as you stated and the other 70% could be rotated in and out as yearly’s or limited edition colors. I’d struggle choosing as there are tons of great colors and so different than mainstream vehicles and the Jeeps/ Broncos

I think ALL colors should be versions from the chart and like you said Jamie, just modernized a bit or metallic some but I think it would be cool to use this as your base source. 30% are the standard suit colors as you stated and the other 70% could be rotated in and out as yearly’s or limited edition colors. I’d struggle choosing as there are tons of great colors and so different than mainstream vehicles and the Jeeps/ Broncos

View attachment 175

Those are great International Truck colors from the 50's and 60's.
For an upcharge, you could have your Scout painted to many of the International Truck color offerings for the year.
Here's the standard Scout colors that were used in the last 3 years of production:

1978-inernational-scout-color-chart.jpg

1979-international-scout-color-chart.jpg

1980-international-scout-color-chart.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Terra117
Here's what we've been saying about colors... of that first pic of all the colors @Jamie@ScoutMotors posted, 27 out of 45 were bland/earth tone. 27! Please don't go this route. 1 or 2 black, white, and gray. That's it please.

Attachments

• scout-historic-colors.jpg
    scout-historic-colors.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 10
Our first JL was Bikini. My wife just LOVED it. While she tells me the custom ordered JLURe in Tuscadero she loves, I can tell she loved the Bikini Pearl more.

My wife loves Bikini Pearl. When she was getting frustrated with grad school she'd go to the jeep website and "build" her jeep.
After she graduated she pushed to get my truck so we could get the Scout home. the $600 Chevy truck I kept on the road for 8 years once again was having problems and she had enough. We put off her jeep to buy the truck not realizing it would be a short lived color. When they announced the next model year colors and it was gone we tried to order one, but missed the window by a week.

That started a national search for the options she wanted in that color. She would have preferred a diesel and standard hard top, but we settled for the one touch skytop and 2.0.

The skytop is cool, it's nice to push a button and have the roof open. But it doesn't give anywhere near the experience of a full removable top and doors. Even with the rear quarter windows out and doors off it still feels like you're inside.

My experience with that Jeep is the reason I'm pretty adamant about the Scout having a true removable top as an option. A sliding top, sunroof or pano sunroof just doesn't give the same satisfaction as a fully removable top and doors. My ram has a sunroof. I almost never use it. Even with the 4 door windows down and rear slider open it has some annoying wind buffeting.